What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought from my experience, I did a mini triathlon expecting my blood sugar to be REALLY low afterwards, when in fact the opposite was true, it doubled !! Then I tried less stressful exercise, just a casual walk, even as little as two miles and my blood sugar started to improve. I came to the conclusion too much exercise can put the body under stress, cortisol is released, and blood sugar goes up! I'm still active, but not manically now. Hope this helps

before I damaged my arm I used to go swimming
My process was - 1 hr walk there , 1 hr swim for about a mile, 1 hr walk home
I notice that blood sugars improved for the first stages but during the walk home my blood sugars started to increase again. It happened a few times pretty consistently.

glucose kid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.1 this morning worst reading for a very long time. Hardly surprising after the week we've had, car breakdown, father in law passed away. High point a 50th birthday celebration but sadly we ended up in a Pizza restaurant. Carb over load. Hopefully things can only get better.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
4.7 or 86 mg/dl :eek:

I walked twice as much as usual yesterday-12 laps instead of 6, after leaving mom with a caregiver for a few hours-so less stress or more exercise-but I am not comfortable with lows-I like my fasting number to be a little higher.
Also tried a different breakfast cereal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13lizanne and LAR

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought from my experience, I did a mini triathlon expecting my blood sugar to be REALLY low afterwards, when in fact the opposite was true, it doubled !! Then I tried less stressful exercise, just a casual walk, even as little as two miles and my blood sugar started to improve. I came to the conclusion too much exercise can put the body under stress, cortisol is released, and blood sugar goes up! I'm still active, but not manically now. Hope this helps

thank you for a very useful answer.. yes maybe my body is just plain stressed , I am a sufferer of cronical stress so very possible and my excema is also quite bad at the moment..

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Freema & @LAR - When the body is under Stress, Worry, Anxious or illness = Cortisol is released and this pushes up Blood Sugars. William :)

Reactions: SWUSA_

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema & @LAR - When the body is under Stress, Worry, Anxious or illness = Cortisol is released and this pushes up Blood Sugars. William :)

yes but it is a hard nut to crack as I do wan´t to excercise a lot to get into the optimal shape and get the maximum insuline sensitivity in my mucles... when I am in maybe half a year in optimal shape and condition according to fitness , then I´ll relax a bit , not untill then even if my cortizol is high, which it has been most of my life if think....then I must low carb even more to get a better average of blood levels...all in all untill then

A

asparagusp

Fasting blood AM was 14.4 by PM 16.5:bigtears: At the beginning of the month I had readings of 5.5 - 10.9 am and 5.6 - 11.6. For the last 2 weeks they have gone through the roof. medication was Humalin 1 20 units am & 26 pm, they're now 24 am & 30pm. I also take Metformin x4 and Gliclazide x4 daily. I've had some good advice from members, so it's just gathering all the facts together. Suffering from brain fog most of the time :confused: this could get rather interesting. Having multiple health issues ...... 'aint going to help either !!;)
As I keep saying cold weather can also raise blood sugar.

Reactions: Liam1955