Bfs cheated on me... can't eat.

Chloesnavy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone. Last night I found out that my fiancé of two years has been messaging another girl behind my back, a girl he works with. He told her that when he was cuddling me, he wished it was her. That she is gorgeous. That he had dreams about her and woke up thinking about her. I threw up last night. And today all I've managed it one slice of toast. What should I do. Please help.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
****, sorry to hear this.....

Has he said that he wants to break it off with you for her.....?....its normal to have the odd crush now and again I suppose but we soon get over them.....

If your not eating a lot and your on MDI just carry on as normal, keep taking basal and bolus if and when required.....

Reactions: Chloesnavy

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First dump the traitor, say to him that if he want the other girl he is free to go. It has 15 minutes to take his stuff and go away.

Then forget about him and don't be fooled if the cheater says nice things and that still loves you.

Finally go with your life and find a more decent boyfriend.

Just_Me_Rachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Fish
I'm really sorry you're going through this. This sucks so, so bad.

I'm sure more experienced posters will be by, but in the meantime I'll share my experience.
Regarding food, don't worry about it. It's still new, and everyone has their own way of reacting. Just keep an eye on your blood sugars. Err on side of caution when bolusing for what you are eating, so that you don't go low. Sugar water may be beneficial for lows.
When you don't eat for hrs, eventually your body keeps hold of its glucose and blood sugars tend to drop (even with perfect basal) so if you find you need to eat, try yogurt, pudding, apple sauce. Ice. Things you can swallow easily.
Be cautious of running your blood sugars very high, throwing up can cause light amount ketones as it is.

But most of all just be kind and gentle to yourself. Give yourself time to get through this, do whatever you have to do and don't allow him to ruin your self esteem.

Hayden_McCall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well...I certainly wouldn't marry him. That's not the person you want to spend your life with. He doesn't deserve you.

Do try to eat however. I know it can be difficult. Just be grateful you're only engaged and not married. Truthfully, he's doing you a favor. You now have the freedom to find a worthwhile partner.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Chloesnavy Sorry to hear this, how awful for you.

Please look after yourself, you do need to eat just simply to remain strong, the stress will play havoc with your BG levels, so take it easy on yourself. Also listen to your intuition Chloe and do what it tells you to do, it's our strongest voice when things go wrong, take care hun :)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
can't say what to do about your BF that is your call to make, but make sure you are testing your BS often as your BS may well drop rapidly and you could end up in A&E

genix

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't be able to eat either if that happened, and it is quite a normal response to that type of trauma, sometimes a breakup can cause you to lose your appetite for a long time and is hard to get back as i'm sure others can attest to. Do your best to look after yourself.

alex51

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Chloe if toast is whats staying down eat it ! As for Him His Loss by the Looks of your Picture. Don't waste time on Him, . You dont want a bloke if he is thinking of someone else. Just cut up his clothes Put in a bag & Take round to his House & Leave on the door step. & If he asks why Tell him Its better than Cutting His Penis Off.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello everyone. Last night I found out that my fiancé of two years has been messaging another girl behind my back, a girl he works with. He told her that when he was cuddling me, he wished it was her. That she is gorgeous. That he had dreams about her and woke up thinking about her. I threw up last night. And today all I've managed it one slice of toast. What should I do. Please help.

Aaww sweetheart, I am so sorry to read your sad post:( Upset and stress can play havoc with your BS.
What to do ? I say dump the rat, but, if you can talk it through and find out why he has messed you about, then maybe, just maybe, forgiveness ? ........ but would you trust him again, I know I wouldn't.

Love grows where trust is laid, and love dies where trust is betrayed. You can get through this, you may feel your heart is breaking and it will never mend, but one day, trust me, it will. Give it time, as time is a great healer, look after yourself X

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly sever any agreements you might have on financial matters, pack up his clothes and belongings and send them to wherever he is in a taxi - don't bother cutting up or smashing anything - your time is far more valuable.
Oh yes - change the locks and any passwords he might know, block his number on your phone.
You might like to have your hair done, buy a new outfit and have a weekend away with friends or family. It isn't essential, but it might help a bit. Think about what you have been missing over the last two years - things you used to do but they somehow get left out of your together lifestyle. Maybe plan to bring them back into your life.
I'm afraid that breakups happen all the time, and the more honest and sincere partners suffer the most with self recrimination and real sorrow for their loss - even when the others involved never deserved such trust.
Look after yourself and plan for your own future.
He can't ever have deserved you.
He doesn't deserve any woman.

Stu_the_blue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good looking young lady like yourself will look back on this in a few months and laugh , stay strong and remember your health is the most important thing in life , dump the waster and get yourself out for a good time , any issues I'll come and have a word with him

Reactions: Dodo and Chloesnavy

Mark_1

How did you you find this out? Did he tell you this or someone else. Don't do anything until you find out the truth.

If it is true then the toast you have just eaten will feel more important to you than he is within a matter of weeks, despite how you feel right now, your better off without him. Enjoy the fact that it's only a matter of time before he does it again to the new girl. Now is the time to find out not in 10 years when you have 2 kids and a mortgage with him.

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I'm sorry to hear this upsetting news. My advice to you is to take care of your health above and beyond ANYTHING or ANYBODY. People will come and go from your life, sometimes in painful circumstances but don't let that ever damage your health. Test your BG frequently and adjust your insulin as you might on any other given day.

Regarding your personal circumstances and your boyfriend; What you choose to do with your relationship is up to you. I see a lot of expert and overly opinionated advice being given to you based on a paragraph of information regarding your relationship. I think only you and your boyfriend should be discussing what to do next.

Take care.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Eat what you can...and be sure to keep your fluid up (water's best). If the guy does realise what he's got and hasn't acted on it - it is all about whether or not you can forgive (and forget)..and if he ask for it. If he doesn't...or you think you can't forget it...or if he is moving on regardless...then I would urge you, once you've had a bit of time to get over the initial feelings, to celebrate getting to know he was such a little boy so early on - saves all the pain finding out later. You are now free to live a bit...to get on with being you, doing what makes you happy...until somebody genuine shows up. That said, people do the stupidest things...and can regret them. Some people do things they think they can get away with online and may have no intention of actually doing anything about it - doesn't make it right. And, remember that just coz he tells some girl she is gorgeous - that doesn't mean a] he actually cares at all about her (lots of immature guys..from 18 to 78 flirt and lie and don't think about consequences like they are playing nintendo..whatever that is) and b] it doesn't mean she is..or that she looks better than you do. Whatever anyone else says, it's about what you want to do...what you feel...just don't set yourself up for a self-esteem kicking. First up - eat, drink...take some time out...let's see what happens. Take care of yourself.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A quick story. My teen's friend ( aged about 11 or 12 then) found her little brother, aged about 3, playing with her dad's phone, E took the phone off him and what she saw shocked her. Her dad was. sex texting another women, E told her dad what she found( the dad gave the boy the phone to play with !!) and told her dad what she found, she said "if you don't tell mum, then I will have to"( very mature girl) The dad did, it caused a lot of atmosphere in the house, the mum was very upset, but they stayed together. They are married with 6 children, he work's nights at a local supermarket bakery. I admired the mum for staying with him, but, and it's a BIG but from me, the trust has gone.