Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Wendy12168

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Living with T2 for 17 years. Four years later retired to France.
Morning readings always around 9 until prescribed small amount of insulin daily and discovering low carb regime summer 2017. Morning readings dropped and now average around 5, particularly after taking advice from French dietician, "low carb and dairy".
Dietician approves English breakfast - egg, bacon, mushroom, tomato.
Mid- day any meat or fish, raw or cooked veg, salad.
Save fruit for between meal snacks.
Evening meal start with soup to aid digestion, white meat or fish and cooked veg. No raw veg in evening.
She doesn't approve of stewed fruit - raises blood sugar too quickly.
Recommends herbal tea and a small piece of black chocolate daily.
Peas are highly recommended - very different to advice 17 years ago!
I still eat yoghurt and a small amount of milk in tea and coffee. (Got to look after this old woman's bones).
Discovered Rooibos and Tea Pigs tea, plus weak English tea with a dash of lemon.
Readings pretty good throughout the day, especially if busy gardening.
Result: feeling livelier.
Aim: reduce insulin, trulicity, metformine and gliclazide.
Wish: good health to you all.

flashy158

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
didn't have my kit with me this morning, just got home and got a 12.3 that's about as low as i go, before its starts creeping up again, nasty sore throat just come on too, hospital diabetes clinic just called to arrange an initial assessment to find out what's going on so hopefully will get some answers soon. I miss my hypo's sometime because i knew where i stood with them, at the moment i aint got a clue whats going on ?