What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today 5.8 doing a lot better today and I'm now getting a better sleep
So enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone,and hope all who's not feeling well a speedy recovery! K

paula121s

Morning...been laid low with an awful stomach bug for the last four days...dodgy tummy with all that entails:yuck::yuck::yuck:...no appetite...lack of sleep...not absolutely 100% yet...but...feeling so much better...BGs were slightly higher than I usually had...nothing too drastic...hopefully can get back on track now...woke to a 4.7.

Nasty! Glad to hear your feeling a lot better. Take it easy though as it will take a couple of days to get back to normal.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ymdawd

paula121s

Morning all, 8.2 this morning. Had a great day with my girls I was very good with my food, although I did have a pice of pavlova last night the rest was pretty low carb! I then slept through a whole film and for the first time in ages most of the night! Hope you all have a good day

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all, 8.2 this morning. Had a great day with my girls I was very good with my food, although I did have a pice of pavlova last night the rest was pretty low carb! I then slept through a whole film and for the first time in ages most of the night! Hope you all have a good day
@paula121s What a great day you've had really pleased for you, enjoy rest of your weekend ! K

Reactions: paula121s

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning. .3.9..brr cold out..lol
@james11 Wow aren't you doing great good on you!!! Where do you live at temperatures of 3.9?
I'm in the north of England and it's cold and raining at the moment! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have 1 every friday sobo82 my guilty pleasure doesnt really effect bgs unless i have chips with it
Hi @ Karen and Sobo82 you could start a club, or a guilty treat thread we all have them would be interesting to see what others have! Mine last night was a gin and tonic 1 packet plain crisps and a tiny green and blacks chocolate,not had any of these for months and has I was feeling like a piece of chocolate I had one,then hubby came in with the crisps so I had that too and you need to wash it down with something hence the gin and tonic! Haha was good though! And not done much to BG readings 5.8 this morning,Oh and not forgetting the meds I'm still on! K

Sobo82

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have 1 every friday sobo82 my guilty pleasure doesnt really effect bgs unless i have chips with it

O karen I did enjoy it Defo my guilty pleasure to be again lol i refused the chips which was hard but like you say BG was impressive expected more of a spike with the size of the nan bread lol but all good 4units covered it nicely

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi @ Karen and Sobo82 you could start a club, or a guilty treat thread we all have them would be interesting to see what others have! Mine last night was a gin and tonic 1 packet plain crisps and a tiny green and blacks chocolate,not had any of these for months and has I was feeling like a piece of chocolate I had one,then hubby came in with the crisps so I had that too and you need to wash it down with something hence the gin and tonic! Haha was good though! And not done much to BG readings 5.8 this morning,Oh and not forgetting the meds I'm still on! K
Love this

Reactions: Sobo82

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
O karen I did enjoy it Defo my guilty pleasure to be again lol i refused the chips which was hard but like you say BG was impressive expected more of a spike with the size of the nan bread lol but all good 4units covered it nicely
i usually take 5 units for just the kebab if im having the chips i take 7 plus i get loads of salad and tahini sauce just to fill up on :joyful::joyful:ps idont eat all the chips about half ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good for you k. life would be so boring without a little treat :) im off out for lunch this afternoon so will be forced to wash it down with a few vodkas honestly :p:p:hilarious::hilarious: