What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.0 today

I'm going to see the NHS dietician later today so that will be interesting - It's the first time I've ever met one and I'm taking my food diary along, mr gee and I plan to have a nice LCHF meal afterwards ;) :happy:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.....6.2 ......tried black coffee and double cream instead of breakfast and that may have helped to bring bs down.Ill try the same today.Like you@Bubbsie I'm making chicken soup today.Take care everyone!

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning.....6.2 ......tried black coffee and double cream instead of breakfast and that may have helped to bring bs down.Ill try the same today.Like you@Bubbsie I'm making chicken soup today.Take care everyone!
Hi @Bubbsie
@Glenmac Please don't follow me in reheating it in a microwave at just the temperature to eat it put it in a pan on hob and let it bubble! Hope you both enjoy it in spite of the consequences I really did enjoy my chicken soup.K

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Increasing/decreasing your Metformin is very unlikely to give you immediate results since it can take from a few days to a week or so to get into or out of your system & show results First...while Metformin is a relatively safe drug it's never a good idea to increase/decrease your medication without discussing it with your health care team first..

Thanks.. My GP told me I should be taking 2x500mg 3x a day.. with meals. But I only eat once a day, so had been taking 1 in the morning, 2 before meal, 1 before bed. From reading up on it, it's metabolic half-life is around 6hrs, so I'm spacing it within guidelines. Downside is if I take 2 and don't eat, it can bring on a bit of nausea. Dosage guidance is based on people eating 3 square meals a day, not my bad habits. I'm still curious if by hindering the liver's glucose production, it also hinders reducing visceral fat.

But that aside, 5.6 this morning.. and chicken soup's making me think about breakfast :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Bubbsie
@Glenmac Please don't follow me in reheating it in a microwave at just the temperature to eat it put it in a pan on hob and let it bubble! Hope you both enjoy it in spite of the consequences I really did enjoy my chicken soup.K
K definitely won't be doing that...plan to have it for lunch...supper and some tomorrow...determined to head this cold off...seems to be the only thing that works for me!

Reactions: Glenmac and ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks.. My GP told me I should be taking 2x500mg 3x a day.. with meals. But I only eat once a day, so had been taking 1 in the morning, 2 before meal, 1 before bed. From reading up on it, it's metabolic half-life is around 6hrs, so I'm spacing it within guidelines. Downside is if I take 2 and don't eat, it can bring on a bit of nausea. Dosage guidance is based on people eating 3 square meals a day, not my bad habits. I'm still curious if by hindering the liver's glucose production, it also hinders reducing visceral fat.

But that aside, 5.6 this morning.. and chicken soup's making me think about breakfast :)
The bizarre thing about Metformin is it was initially developed for weight loss...then it's obvious benefits for diabetes control were realisedo_O.

Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.0 today

I'm going to see the NHS dietician later today so that will be interesting - It's the first time I've ever met one and I'm taking my food diary along, mr gee and I plan to have a nice LCHF meal afterwards ;) :happy:
Be interesting to hear what they say about the LCHF diet Geeful...I haven't met one yet who promotes it (or my GP/DSN)...I'm sure there must be some that recognise the benefits of it?

Last edited:

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
10.7 not happy but my fault too many carbs last night and dinner time 16.7 when I went to bed could not sleep till it got down to 10.4 but today is another day.

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The bizarre thing about Metformin is it was initially developed for weight loss...then it's obvious benefits for diabetes control were realisedo_O.

It's a funny old world. MDMA, aka Ecstacy was also developed as a way to reduce the amount of troop rations needed. Worked well as an appetite suppressant, but the.. side effects weren't exactly what the military wanted :p

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Blood sugars are 5.5 this morning. Had a bad night of sleep -- just too many things going through my mind, I guess.
Hope things work themselves out,know what your going through I'm the same at moment cannot switch the head off!K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ I hope if it was today when you were having your hospital visit it all goes well,thinking of you and sending the very best wishes winging your way.G
ThankYou@Glenmac it was today at 12-30 I'm to have it removed in theatre and will need a skin graft taken from my thigh, they said it will still leave a deep wound because there is very little flesh where it is on lower leg just above ankle. But I booked last year to go to Spain on 5 February so they said they would do it when we get back, I will be monitored for twelve months after surgery if no more appear I will be discharged but they will keep on monitoring me, upto three to five years.
I found a strange light pink flat mark his morning on my chest and showed it to him so he has frozen it and said if it hasn't gone when I go back they will repeat the procedure. It's old age and dry rot I told him they laugh, it's what my mother used to say if things started to affect her health! I'm staying positive about things until they tell me otherwise it's better than worrying when I don't yet have all the facts,and a holiday is just what we need at this time so where off in February. But I will keep posting to let you know how things went after surgery,and I cannot thank people enough for all your good wishes it keeps me going! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.7 with severe flu and infection!
Oh I do hope your soon well it's a bad one this year my sister has had it she now has a bad chest and ear infection so don't daudle about go to your GP our immune system is compromised with Diabetes we don't get over things like other people. Keep warm hydrated and take good care of yourself. Will be thinking of you Chin Up! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I do hope your soon well it's a bad one this year my sister has had it she now has a bad chest and ear infection so don't daudle about go to your GP our immune system is compromised with Diabetes we don't get over things like other people. Keep warm hydrated and take good care of yourself. Will be thinking of you Chin Up! K

Many thanks!

How’s your treatment going on?