Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 today. I'm not on any BG meds, so no need to do anything about that - did my usual walk and then tested before breakfast for interests sake to see whether my liver had kicked out lots of glucose. Nope - another 3.9. My body behaves so well in the morning - wish it kept it up into the evenings.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
3.9 today. I'm not on any BG meds, so no need to do anything about that - did my usual walk and then tested before breakfast for interests sake to see whether my liver had kicked out lots of glucose. Nope - another 3.9. My body behaves so well in the morning - wish it kept it up into the evenings.
Do a walk at night instead?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.7 at 4:50 am.

I get my echo cardiogram results today, it will be interesting to hear what the cardiologist will suggest I do treatment wise.
Hope to hear good news. My cardiac angiogram was. Palpitations treated well by meds and still only in a hypo situation which I don't mind, better than no hypo awareness. My body is used to doubled betablockers now, I feel. Still get heavy chest due to breathing flare up, on occasion. I've never smoked but have asthma. :(

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning. A round 6.0 today. Not unexpected as I ate a lot yesterday, some of it much later in the evening than usual.
If you weren't diabetic you'd get hunger. Its normal. Your body telling you hungry is ghrelin hormone induced by the stomach talking to your brain via leptin hormone. I've discovered the bigger the stomach the more ghrelin.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Happyhomelands

I really identity with that hope, I don't think it's going to be me either. I'm trying to be grateful that diet if done properly works for me so far.
Way to go! Fantastic!

I do walk in the evening as well :) Which does help :) Of course what I really want to happen is for me to be able to eat bread for tea without consequences - that's no OT for g to happen and I just need to get over it. But a girl can wish.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I do walk in the evening as well :) Which does help :) Of course what I really want to happen is for me to be able to eat bread for tea without consequences - that's no OT for g to happen and I just need to get over it. But a girl can wish.
Low carb breads or try lightly toasted bread reheated as an experiment. Reheated fresh potato doesn't spike me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit naughty that last comment, but I hope your sentiment is right.
Meant humorously and her fbgs are usually brilliant as is her hard work and discipline. Personally, I can see us losing I don't think Potch is completely the real deal.