Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Peterseaford

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm having a lack of confidence in losing ever again too. We can do this. Make a new thread and get some support, it does work. I have to do the same but too busy this morning.
I know what I did to lose my 3.5st but really struggling at mo. I think mine is a tad depression. I'm avoiding the subject with GP as I just cannot face another med.

Stick at it - I understand exactly what you mean- Have you got a little dog ? I find our little rescued pug gives me the reason to get out of bed and go for a walk - he is a wonderful companion and is constantly by my side -,he is a reason why I need to get better and he really helps
Kind regards
Peter

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That's definitely a winner but I am afraid we both want different winners on Saturday. Difficult afternoon what with my wife having a Welsh father! She often claims to be Welsh - born on the Fuilham High Road!!
Know what you mean my daughter thinks she is Welsh just cause she was born in Clwyd.

davidopong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 @ 07:40

Stopped taken insulin today, just taken 500gm of Metformin twice a day and see how it goes, I can increase dosage if I feel I need to until I find what I require to keep blood glucose within range.

Alf
It may work for you. I quit Novorapid 20/10 about 3 weeks ago by myself cos I was having episodes of hypo spells. So I put myself on Amaryl 2mg in the morning and Galvus Met 50/1000 in the evening. I've recorded FBS of under 7 ever since.

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 @ 07:40

Stopped taken insulin today, just taken 500gm of Metformin twice a day and see how it goes, I can increase dosage if I feel I need to until I find what I require to keep blood glucose within range.

Alf

I stopped yesterday and now on 500mg of metformin as well, although only once a day in my case, so sounds like we're at similar stages of the journey.

Good luck!

Reactions: bigjim19