What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.3 another night without sleep... yesterday ate 1700 calories burned 2000 at fitness... if I had slept it would show I guess in form of a lower blood glucose.... now I am determined to lose the gained 20 kg once more ... this time without metformin so my GP does not continuously keep putting my metabolism further and further down along my journey... I am not going to let her have a say this time
@Freema have you looked at the diet doctor site on line loads of food and recipes ideas for most people on their and it's free. He also does the Keto diet, I think it would help you to start with and also if you run out of meal ideas. Hope you find it helpful I did and so wish you good luck! K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.2 at 8.15am on this snowy morning. Latish breakfast then off to mum's to help her get ready/ out for her weekly hair appointment. Take care if you are out and about today folks.:)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all, this is a great thread for sharing I'm new my name is Mags and my reading was 5.8. Two days ago switched to slower release tablets and now waking in the 5's as opposed to mid 4's. Stay warm in this ghastly weather!
Well done you keep it up! K says she who's in 6s And a lovely welcome to this site,lots of help and advice just ask any questions and someone will help! K

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

fasting was 5.2 today :( the highest it's been since October.

I retested an hour later before breakfast and it was 4.0 so perhaps it is my version of dp.

Yesterday was once again a day when I had my main meal during the early afternoon and only had a little to eat later in the day. Trying to balance my bg and my weight now is not easy but is going to be the ongoing challenge obviously :) Just have to keep at it.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.6 today -- lower than usual due to an early dinner, one hour of exercise, and one glass of red wine.

Today, it's really cold outside, coldest day of the week, but sunny and no clouds. They say it will warm up significantly in two weeks time. Really looking forward for winter to end.