What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can just imagine the guys melting the choc buttons (4 buttons=10g weight =6cals=1g carb) adding it to G&T (Tescos own diet, 250ml = 4 cals= 0 carbs @ 2bottles 80p) and sprinkling seaweed on top to get that sweet/salt taste (1g carb, 22 cals).
Sounds so good might have one this evening:hilarious:
@SueJB I think we had several similar in Skiathos last year. 2 weeks for my middle son's wedding. His best man spent about £1800 on drink alone! I have never drunk so much Tequela or Jaeger bombs - kept testing 4 times a day and was amazed at readings. Ate loads of octopus and Greek yogurt!

Last edited:

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning....7.6!
Had a very eventful day yesterday......a bad fall in our kitchen resulting in two fractures,right leg.Fell at 3.15, long wait for ambulance,even though I'd been lying on the floor for some time and was very shocked and cold when I could raise the alarm.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyd and Freema

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning....7.6!
.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(
Take care fella, that puts any issues most of us have today in perspective

Reactions: DJC3

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
7.1 fasting on rising but now 10.5 an hour and a half after coffee with cream. Anyone know why this is please? Should I have something to eat?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning....7.6!
Had a very eventful day yesterday......a bad fall in our kitchen resulting in two fractures,right leg.Fell at 3.15, long wait for ambulance,even though I'd been lying on the floor for some time and was very shocked and cold when I could raise the alarm.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(

Horrific @Glenmac

Oh you poor soul sending a warm gentle hug from me x bless

Reactions: Freema

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning....7.6!

@Glenmac so sorry to hear of your accident and the long wait for the ambulance, must have been really scary. Hope you manage to get up on your feet again soon x

Reactions: Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Glenmac sorry to add to your suffering by reassigning your gender - which you are quite at liberty to do yourself these days or indeed totally refuse to have an old fashioned binary gender at all!

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 Thankyou,feeling a wee bit less sorry for myself now as extra help like a wheelchair has been organised for me.It could have been so much worse,I had a sharp knife in my hand and was standing putting onions into a pan of boiling soup!
On the bright side we have two low carb meals to choose from today as we didn't eat an evening meal yesterday!

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning....7.6!
Sorry to hear that, get well soon.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs thankyou for your good wishes the gender mistake is forgiven!!This has put lots of things into perspective.I must praise the health care professionals at the hospital.They were all fantastic (even if they did look about 12!!!)

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning....7.6!
hope you feel better soon glenmac big hugs and take care xx

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@DJC3 Thankyou,feeling a wee bit less sorry for myself now as extra help like a wheelchair has been organised for me.It could have been so much worse,I had a sharp knife in my hand and was standing putting onions into a pan of boiling soup!
On the bright side we have two low carb meals to choose from today as we didn't eat an evening meal yesterday!

Hope you feel better soon with lots of good rest and healthy food.

Paulines7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Stuck up people. People who do not care about others. Racists. Intolerant people. Tories.
@Cumberland and @philchap1 Thankyou for your concern.Its ironic that it was the snow and ice which worried me,and then I slip on an onion skin in the kitchen.At least it wasn't a banana skin,and I've lots of low carb food for us to eat.

I hope your leg heals soon, Glenmac and that it doesn't become too itchy inside that plaster.

I hope too that all the snow has gone from Scotland so you won't be battling with slippery pavements if you have to go out.