Why is the Low Carb programme No Longer Free?

Pwentland

Hi serenity
We mods have the same access to the low carb programme content as you do. I also would need to pay for it now as I never signed up for it at earlier times. We only moderate the forum and have no access to the content on the rest of the diabetes.co.uk website; you will need to take this up with administrator. We can forward on your concerns and DCUKMod has stated she will do.

edit changed know to no
Hi, I can understand the need to cover costs but do you offer reduced rates for people on low incomes? Im on ESA currently and after rent and bills living off £4 a day on average. I'm desperately keen to lose weight, get healthy and control my diabetes which is worsening currently as Im really struggling with controlling diet, but there's no way I could afford £30 especially on something I've not had a a chance to trial for free. A free trial would at least allow people to see whether the program suited them before shelling out what for many is a substantial sum

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I can understand the need to cover costs but do you offer reduced rates for people on low incomes? Im on ESA currently and after rent and bills living off £4 a day on average. I'm desperately keen to lose weight, get healthy and control my diabetes which is worsening currently as Im really struggling with controlling diet, but there's no way I could afford £30 especially on something I've not had a a chance to trial for free. A free trial would at least allow people to see whether the program suited them before shelling out what for many is a substantial sum

@Pwentland it looks like you’ll be able to be recommended, even prescribed the DCUK Low Carb Program soon, as it’s been approved by the NHS, presumably funded by the NHS. Look here to read about it:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/lowcarbprogram-is-now-nhs-approved.150352/

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was lucky enough to sign up while it was in beta, so got the free lifetime membership. It appears they messed up introducing the new charge but it is funding their staff, and even last week there were new features on the site (much needed improvements to the food diary).
Good to know that UK (English?) patients can get the one-off fee paid via a prescription.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was lucky enough to sign up while it was in beta, so got the free lifetime membership. It appears they messed up introducing the new charge but it is funding their staff, and even last week there were new features on the site (much needed improvements to the food diary).
Good to know that UK (English?) patients can get the one-off fee paid via a prescription.

TriciaW - I'm pleased you managed to sign up in te early days of the LCP, howver your post suggests you probably aren't fully up to date with the LCP and it's sign up process.

Recently DCUK introduced a "Freemium" version of the LCP, which, as you would imagine, is a variation on the full LCP, but it does allow potential subscribers to have a look around the site and use all the trackers.