Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Pete01

8.2 this morning about 1/2 hour after waking so not as good as it has been but much better than the continual upper doubles (If I was lucky) that I used to get. Seems that cutting out the high carbs, especially bread and spuds and taking the meds as prescribed is working but still struggling with what to have for breaky because even a small portion of the home made musli and porridge pushes my BS straight into double figures and it gets boring eating some sort of egg concoction every day.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Jadedjoanna

Hello Jadedjoanna and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, are links to the Basic Information for new members and to the Low Carb Program. Ask questions when you want and someone will be able to help.

Reactions: millenium

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone. My fbs this morning shot up to 6.5. O lay had a few grapes in between meal so that must be the culprit. Just guessing but I will stay away from grapes and see how tomorrow goes. LOL that is the mystery of diabetes.

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
my b.s was odd this morning ..thats why i call my condition remission apparently! i await my third blood test....
No two days are the same are they? I was a bit miffed this morning to see this reading as yesterday was fairly low carb and only one proper meal due to work circumstances, nice and low at bedtime so didn’t expect it to be in the 6’s at all

D

Deleted member 308541

4.4 at 4:30 am.

Been in the fours nearly every day this week, must be doing something right I think.

It's getting warmer with the temps going up to 29° C yesterday in winters last gasp here in Bundaberg.

5.7 today seem to sneak a 5 in every now and then hopefully more will follow

Good one Jim, you got the strips ok then...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely fitter & healthier numbers have been gd,
For me lchf is the way to go

I’m with you there. For me it seems a win win situation, I’m fitter: blood tests show this, and much happier eating lchf than the low fat type diets I’d been trying for many years.
Wishing you many happy returns of the day!