Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning one and all.
It's Fridaaaaaaaaay!
One more day of work (for those who do not work weekends) and then I have my parents visiting.
At least my pump *should* behave this weekend. Although I still think my new one took me through a portal into Hypoland. Either that or the theory about Lantus hanging around for up to 4 days is true.
Or some other theory.

I'm sticking with the Hypoland portal theory for now and trying to find the magic door which takes me back to (my own version of) reality.
I have tried the biscuit tin, the fruit bowl, the icecream container, the chocolate box and even the GlucoTab tube but no reversal portal in sight. The cake tin just contained a slice of mouldy apple cake ... not even a jaffa cake (but that may be because @Knikki has eaten them all :) ).
I even had a look around the gym, the train station and the supermarket. Alas, I have not come across any troll-guarded bridges or suspicious one-way mirrors.

The wardrobe?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Morning
Went out last night and under estimated my meal so was quite high last night so 2 units before bedtime brought me down to 6.8 this morning...

Have a top Friday

Tony

Have a top Friday too Tony what what spiffing

Reactions: Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning one and all.
It's Fridaaaaaaaaay!
One more day of work (for those who do not work weekends) and then I have my parents visiting.
At least my pump *should* behave this weekend. Although I still think my new one took me through a portal into Hypoland. Either that or the theory about Lantus hanging around for up to 4 days is true.
Or some other theory.

I'm sticking with the Hypoland portal theory for now and trying to find the magic door which takes me back to (my own version of) reality.
I have tried the biscuit tin, the fruit bowl, the icecream container, the chocolate box and even the GlucoTab tube but no reversal portal in sight. The cake tin just contained a slice of mouldy apple cake ... not even a jaffa cake (but that may be because @Knikki has eaten them all :) ).
I even had a look around the gym, the train station and the supermarket. Alas, I have not come across any troll-guarded bridges or suspicious one-way mirrors.
Sounds like a physicist is needed. But since transistors in the pump work by quantum tunnelling is is possible that in time such tunnelling will provide the way back to reality (at least your version of it) and avoid the mouldy black holes and sugar-bereft universes. And luck is one of those ineffable things that is involved so let us hope the planets are aligned and the Moon continues its cheesy grin.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yeah bit of a gamble as I went to the gym came home stuck pizza in and was 2.6 :bored:. Pizza was 110 carb :woot: so split dose and did 5.

When it was time for the beauty sleep I was at 4.3 in went the rest so another 5 plus Lantus at 11 and two Jaffa Cakes and in the greens all night :happy:

The little mail chat we had certainly helped.

Cheers :)

More than welcome. Glad I could offer some help :)
The wardrobe?
Shhhhh........it's under the bed

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all :) I slept in again waking to an 11, into my second month of Tresiba and it's time for fine tuning/re working meal times and diet I think, Lantus worked best with a late tea, and this I think will work better if I eat earlier.

A not happy morning next as I've the ex to take with the young un for new school blazer and uniform bits, and I'd rather just take the child but as I got the wrong black colour last year it seems I need help so I'm dusting down my great book of sarcasm before I set off....

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning y'all :) I slept in again waking to an 11, into my second month of Tresiba and it's time for fine tuning/re working meal times and diet I think, Lantus worked best with a late tea, and this I think will work better if I eat earlier.

A not happy morning next as I've the ex to take with the young un for new school blazer and uniform bits, and I'd rather just take the child but as I got the wrong black colour last year it seems I need help so I'm dusting down my great book of sarcasm before I set off....
Good luck today with the ex mate. I could never do that with mine....we would end up killing each other

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, just been catching up, before I get back to painting the bedroom. Limewaxing woodwork today. Good exercise for my gradually thawing frozen shoulders...

Went to bed on a 6.1, woke up on a 4.8, Etch a Sketch shows a pretty flat line, so am thrilled with that. Looks like my 2 hour extended bolus for the fish pie was spot on. Split it with 30% up front and the rest over the two hours.

If I can stay in range until 3pm today, I’ll get my first ever 100% over 24h, so I might not move or eat until then. The 99% on the chart is taunting me...

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my scariest moment ever last night.

I over stacked insulin after going out eating/ drinking

woke up on the sofa about 1.30am with a strong hypo which i fixed by drinking orange juice.

woke up about a hour later and started being sick ( a bug i think, the kids have had it this week and i'm never sick when drinking.)

my stomach was emptied and my blood was at 5.5 IOB and dropping, then I started being sick again.

i had to keep dissolving sugar in small amounts of water and sipping it as quickly as possible. managed to keep it down.

i was panicking and going to call an ambulance as i don't have any glycogen pens, but i made it through.

It was very scary and has put me off booze

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

woke up on the sofa about 1.30am with a strong hypo which i fixed by drinking orange juice.

woke up about a hour later and started being sick ( a bug i think, the kids have had it this week and i'm never sick when drinking.)

my stomach was emptied and my blood was at 5.5 IOB and dropping, then I started being sick again.

i had to keep dissolving sugar in small amounts of water and sipping it as quickly as possible. managed to keep it down.

i was panicking and going to call an ambulance as i don't have any glycogen pens, but i made it through.

that is a nightmare scenario, IOB and not being able to keep anything down - only thing I guess is glucogel on the gums if you weren't able to take the sugar water.

Glad you made it through and hopefully feeling a bit better and not suffering from a sickness bug.

Reactions: Chris Bowsher

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all, just been catching up, before I get back to painting the bedroom. Limewaxing woodwork today. Good exercise for my gradually thawing frozen shoulders...

Went to bed on a 6.1, woke up on a 4.8, Etch a Sketch shows a pretty flat line, so am thrilled with that. Looks like my 2 hour extended bolus for the fish pie was spot on. Split it with 30% up front and the rest over the two hours.

If I can stay in range until 3pm today, I’ll get my first ever 100% over 24h, so I might not move or eat until then. The 99% on the chart is taunting me...
Fingers crossed for you @Mel dCP.

Reactions: kitedoc and kev-w
K

Knikki

not even a jaffa cake (but that may be because @Knikki has eaten them all :) ).

av0vh4.jpg

Maybe maybe :angelic:

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Knikki

Yeah can be very scary things like that.

Best thing is, still monitor your bloods, I find that even being ill and I have not eaten anything bloods can still rise.

If your being sick drink water, tricky to keep down but you still need to be hydrated.

Hope it sorts out soon.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mornin’ everyone. Why is the summer the time when my part time Work peaks?
I’m looking enviously at your little peaks readings @Knikki after my own wonderful high plateau as I whiled away the afternoon ambling slowly towards the Dartford Bridge, along the M11, gently dawdled towards the A14 etc etc - it should have taken two and a half hours less to make the journey!
Q: how do you stop and test every two hours if the hard shoulder’s closed and the queue’s already got a fair number of frustrated steering wheel thumpers in it!
Ah well.
The scenery was sometimes lovely.
hi fairygodmother nice to see you back xx:happy:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Blooming heck that sounds horrendous

I hope you have managed to rest today and are taking things easy

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Think I’m losing the plot

Went into Carlisle this morning for an appointment at CAB (pensions) and reported to reception to find out my appointment is on the 28th

Reactions: Knikki