Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The trouble with shaving ones head is that the hat won't stay in place until the stubble grows back, and when that happens it's time to shave again.
A little spike after tea to 11, the young un didn't finish her Chinese take away, so on the waste not, want not principle I ate it for her after I'd finished mine, but didn't bolus for the extra half portion of rice, I sat at 9 after the first 2u correction but started to rise so corrected again, currently waiting for it to move before I see if I can get away with supper.

I was going on about shaving, wasn't I :p I don't use porridge as gel as it would clog the Mach 3 blades I think...

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hello all collanders and leaky buckets, 33 degrees C in Adelaide today and muggins here has a meeting beginning 9am with a 15 minute walk to and fro home and bus stop and a 25 minutes walk to and fro the bus depot and the meeting place.
So 4 lots of exercise divided into 2 lots of close together exercise at around 9 am and 1:30 pm.
So I leave my basal at 120% from 8 am to 1 30 pm because I know my BSL goes up with exercise and when attending meetings (not matter how enjoyable). Then I drop by basal rate to 85 % at 1.30 pm in expectation of the muscles drawing back glucose from the blood at near 3,30 pm (6 hours after morning walks).
Now I decide to leave things bee until 3.30 pm when BSLs are tending down to the 4 mmol/l mark when I adjust my basal down to 70% and will leave oit there until the 6 hours after walk/bus home = about 7 pm.
This exercise lark is not beer and skittles for us on insulin !!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
More decos up whilst listening to Christmas songs and a few more presents bought. But I still don’t feel that Christmassy. I guess it’s too early.

My evening was a little disrupted and I experienced a great example of how exercise makes my body use insulin more efficiently.
I was planning to go climbing but my climbing partner got caught up at work. So at short notice, I decided to go to the gym.
For 45 minutes pre exercise, I reduced my basal by 40% as usual. I usually try to avoid having any insulin on board but my BG was a bit high (10.3) so I took a corrective dose at the same time as I reduced my BG. By the time I started on the treadmill, I had about half a unit of insulin on board. In 30 minutes, my BG dropped from 10 to 3.5 with no pump.
Lesson learnt: no insulin on board when getting on the treadmill.

I may restrict tomorrow’s exercise to a bit of walking.
In the meantime, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
The only time to have insulin on board is at a board meeting (except if one is talking about riding surfboards or kite boards)!!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Morning
Woke with a 5.9 which I was thrilled with as I have had a poor couple of days.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone and may energies shine on you from a million suns....

Tony

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.something last night 6.something this morning :happy:

We have xmas decs up in the office! well one string of lights.........

K

Knikki

How many carbs in a carp?
No don’t answer that if you want to keep any credibility.:):):)

What credibility? and more carbs than you can get out of one of the squirty cream can's :joyful:

The trouble with shaving ones head is that the hat won't stay in place until the stubble grows back...

Velcro will sort that out ;):hilarious:

Things here and as per wondering along in their hap hazard way all running almost in the green which is not bad.

However this Mel's cat of a test system I have at the moment is pushing its luck before I do a C:\ Format on the whole lot. won't solve anything......but will make me fell better.
ofzr5i.jpg

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all muslin bags and hypo jelly users (jam makers will know what I mean).
Belly bum drawers of a BG ride at the moment. Yesterday was great, in the blue most of the day, despite the mud pie bring a plate lunch where everyone seemed to bring things wrapped in pastry or in a delicious Lidl box and full of carbs. Aha, I thought, I’ve got this thing licked.
No.
Phone went at 5.50 this morning when the internet arose from the dead and a stored dispatch wizzed in. So the DP started then. Gone to 12.9 by the time I woke up. Grrrrrrr. It’s dug in and an armful of Fiasp’s thinking of applying for overtime.
Maybe @therower’s cold hitched a lift on the net. Hope you’re beginning to feel better now.
Love the porridge-head image of kev, brightens the day.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Seahouses sounds lovely! I’d not heard of it before your posts but now I want to go there too.

Reactions: Cumberland

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning one and all
The misses bought a big box (18) profiteroles in work yesterday. Was having a small hypo around 7.30 last night so decided to have 1 or 2 of said profiteroles, well 6 of them :) Bloods before bed were 10.1 and rising, small correction dose and woke to a nice 7. I just hope i don't mis-calculate my evening meal tonite lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, I woke up on 6.9 this morning, so I am okey dokey with that. Busy cleaning changing bed cover's, washing floors too. Daughter and baby granddaughter popped round, when I see baby Cleo my heart feels bigger every time, she is my little Christmas cracker :happy: Hope you are all having a good day :) 7.7 before lunch.
upload_2018-12-4_14-57-58.jpeg

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys, I woke up on this morning, so I am okey dokey with that. Busy cleaning changing bed cover's, washing floorw too. Daughter and baby granddaughter popped round, when I see baby Cleo my heart feels bigger every time, she is my little Christmas cracker :happy: Hope you are all having a good day :)
View attachment 29843
Our grandchildren give us so much love and joy dont they robs x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Our grandchildren give us so much love and joy dont they robs x

I don't see all of mine, very bad relationship/divorce and the mother turned 3 of the children against the family, it's so sad because I love them all, but I am so glad I can at least see the other's :)

A book mark I bought for a friend says : If I knew how much fun grandkids were, I would of had them first......lol

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't see all of mine, very bad relationship/divorce and the mother turned 3 of the children against the family, it's so sad because I love them all, but I am so glad I can tat least see the other's.

A book mark I bought for a friend says : If I knew how much fun grandkids were, I would of had them first......lol
Its hard when families break up robs and its the grandparents who are the ones to suffer your quote about having the grandkids first has got me chuckling x