Type 1'stars R Us

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
So did another one of those Low Carb make in 30 minutes, which fine if your in a full professional kitchen, yet in a small kitchen, excavating various appalances from the back of the cupboard suddenly makes the meal an hour and a half :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Anyway up shot is that even after chicken, cauliflower rice, that was messy and rather fun to make, which has naff all carbs I managed to hit 9.0 :eek: which surprised me. Still it's almost sorted now plus sensor change so onwards and upwards :pompous:
Hi @Knikki, do they have those rotating shelves for corner cupboards over there ? (e.g. like the ones in Ikea)? might save some bother (and make it easier to access the cakes !!!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am sat on my hotel room window seat watching the sun rise over the North Sea. Seagulls screeching above. Boats bobbing in the harbour. Riding a lovely flat Libre line all night and awoke on a rising 6 after guessing most of last nights meal. Life couldn’t be better. A walk along the beach later.
Have a good week all.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all and a happy Monday :) a waking 5.1 rising to 5.6 after 5u of Humalog and currently meandering back down at 5.2, I never saw any DP with Lantus as far as it goes, if breakfast goes to plan I'll eat porridge shortly then shave my head before eating the second course of food, hopefully :p

Have a good one :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning y'all and a happy Monday :) a waking 5.1 rising to 5.6 after 5u of Humalog and currently meandering back down at 5.2, I never saw any DP with Lantus as far as it goes, if breakfast goes to plan I'll eat porridge shortly then shave my head before eating the second course of food, hopefully :p

Have a good one :)
Hi @kev-w, Is it part of the ritual to shave your head between courses ??

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Am sat on my hotel room window seat watching the sun rise over the North Sea. Seagulls screeching above. Boats bobbing in the harbour. Riding a lovely flat Libre line all night and awoke on a rising 6 after guessing most of last nights meal. Life couldn’t be better. A walk along the beach later.
Have a good week all.

How lovely @becca59 I do envy you, you have a great week too :happy:

Reactions: becca59 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @kev-w, Is it part of the ritual to shave your head between courses ??

With Tresiba yes :) I wait my bloods down to the mid 4's, the jug of porridge will raise me to around 7.5 before dropping back after 20 minutes or so ready for poachies with bread :)

Usually, most days....

Reactions: hh1

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
With Tresiba yes :) I wait my bloods down to the mid 4's, the jug of porridge will raise me to around 7.5 before dropping back after 20 minutes or so ready for poachies with bread :)

Usually, most days....
You could be on a razor blade or shaver commercial !! With something like:
This product shaves as smooth as the surface of an egg yolk !! No offence intended !!!

K

Knikki

Hi @Knikki, do they have those rotating shelves for corner cupboards over there ? (e.g. like the ones in Ikea)? might save some bother (and make it easier to access the cakes !!!

Yes you can get those revolving shelves but the kitchen is still too small and for some reason we seem to have collected a ton of stuff, like 7 large serving plates, you know the ones you server roasts on and god knows many cups we have.

Run to the charity shops later in the week I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could be on a razor blade or shaver commercial !! With something like:
This product shaves as smooth as the surface of an egg yolk !! No offence intended !!!

They could do one for baked beans and sit me on a raft made of a slice of brown bread :p

K

Knikki

Morning all

It is horrible out there rain and idiot drivers. :***:

Who want's to see what an old T1D Pro is like with Etch A Sketch? :oldman:

Just could not get things right yesterday hit a magical 15.5 and centre of the earth 2.4 all in the same day and like FG starts the day in double figures, but that's fine as it was the pasta bake last night that did that. :banghead:

Hopefully today I might actually get things right. o_O

Happy Monday!!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually, most days....

Delayed shave as I dropped to 3.7 so I'll take the spike and eat the 2nd course first, well second but first as in before the shave.

Mels cat & fiddlesticks....

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning, after being a bit high late yesterday evening and correcting - so I'm happy.

Was the daughters birthday last week and had ice skating and a sleep-over party on saturday, remind me in 11 months time not to do it again. a house full of pre-teens girls is not indicative of a relaxing weekend..............and next year they will be teenagers :wacky:

Hopefully this coming weekends birthday will be a bit more civilised!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Just catching up on all the posts over the weekend...WOW youve all been busy lol
Went to a friends house on Saturday for the annual Xmas dinner and drinks....kept my BGs around the 9ish mark so am counting that as a win lol. Sunday was walking the mountains day, etch-a-sketch needs shaking to level the lines.
Woke to a 4.9 this morning and currently on a 6.6 :)

@kev-w never shave your head while having a hypo! Have done it and still got the scars to show. Hate being hypo unaware lol

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon fellow insulin junkies in search of nirvana.
The head cold is playing havoc with the blood sugars, up, down but not really anywhere in between.
It seems part of my anatomy is doing its best to get me feeling right. Problem is it’s keeping me in the dark as to what it’s actually doing and when.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Just keep whacking silly amounts of novo in and ride the storm out:)

@kev-w . Thanks for the laugh you gave me earlier. Porridge and head shaving. Classic :)
:):):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4.9 this morning, after being a bit high late yesterday evening and correcting - so I'm happy.

Was the daughters birthday last week and had ice skating and a sleep-over party on saturday, remind me in 11 months time not to do it again. a house full of pre-teens girls is not indicative of a relaxing weekend..............and next year they will be teenagers :wacky: I am been there, with pre teens and teenagers, bought and worn the tea shirt, up at 3am in the morning because one of them feels sick , but wasn't and then they are all up, me getting glasses of water etc, everyone eventually goes back to bed, but listening to them whispering, well talking, so boy, it was a long, long night.
After a mammoth breakfast, they all left to go into town, bliss and that i'm sure, is what heaven must be like :)
We are survivors lol ;)

Hopefully this coming weekends birthday will be a bit more civilised!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon fellow insulin junkies in search of nirvana.
The head cold is playing havoc with the blood sugars, up, down but not really anywhere in between.
It seems part of my anatomy is doing its best to get me feeling right. Problem is it’s keeping me in the dark as to what it’s actually doing and when.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Just keep whacking silly amounts of novo in and ride the storm out:)

@kev-w . Thanks for the laugh you gave me earlier. Porridge and head shaving. Classic :)
:):):):)

But will Kev end up shaving the porridge instead of his head whilst hypoing one day ? ..............:playful::D

Hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself and those problematic blood sugars :rolleyes: :)