What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all from beautiful Cornwall and a 5.4. It was such a lovely sunny day yesterday, spring had certainly sprung - primroses down all the lanes. I was hoping today would be similar, I fancied a beach picnic for lunch but heavy rain is forcast. Oh well!
Dinner is booked at the local pub with Mr C, eldest daughter and grandchildren which will be great. I’m collecting the girls from school this afternoon as a surprise ( hopefully a good one!)
Enjoy your day, DJC3.:)

Reactions: True Blue and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9. Not sure why. Had a very stressful few days to be honest. But c'est la vie.

Diabetes prevention week and my surgery have invited me in to speak to other patients. They have been amazing. Willing to embrace this woe that will help control bs, to offer guidance for prediabetics, help with weight loss. I have my own room!!! Got all my leaflets spread out on the patient bed. Tins and jars. Proper market stall. I hope I get some customers!!! Now where is that buzzer ' NEXT!!

@DJC3 many happy returns you lovely lovely lady. What an absolute diamond you are. ALWAYS having time for others. So friendly. So caring. Great at giving advice. Hope your day is as special as you are xxx

Aww, not really sure I deserve such accolades but thank you! And yes, I am having a lovely day
I hope a few people pop into see you in your posh new office - the word will soon spread after that and you are exactly the right person to be doing it: a real success story yourself, just looking at you will give them hope. Fingers are crossed for you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been googling stuff about west coast USA for a while now trying to organize stuff so San Fran is just a quicker way of getting it down on a keyboard, I'll try Frisco though maybe that'll do the same :). After last nights meeting to book flights there was a major change, the ladies want to fly in to Vegas and have a couple of days there, went to bed head spinning ,nothing booked. Hey ho.

Good luck! :D

Later last night I Googled San Fran and Frisco and found an article saying "The City" has had many nicknames over the decades. So for all I know "Frisco" is out of date.

Las Vegas AFAIK is just "Vegas." Simple.

Bon Voyage and Happy Landings -- wherever y'all touch down! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 I hope you are having a fabulous birthday!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Freema and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been googling stuff about west coast USA for a while now trying to organize stuff so San Fran is just a quicker way of getting it down on a keyboard, I'll try Frisco though maybe that'll do the same :). After last nights meeting to book flights there was a major change, the ladies want to fly in to Vegas and have a couple of days there, went to bed head spinning ,nothing booked. Hey ho.

LOL reminds me of an XSO!

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks PM I’m picking up the grandchildren from school later as a ( hopefully nice) surprise. Haven’t seen them for 3 months so I’m looking forward to that a lot. Family is definitely the best gift.
belated birthday wishes DJC3 hope you have had a fabulous day xx

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck! :D

Later last night I Googled San Fran and Frisco and found an article saying "The City" has had many nicknames over the decades. So for all I know "Frisco" is out of date.

Las Vegas AFAIK is just "Vegas." Simple.

Bon Voyage and Happy Landings -- wherever y'all touch down! :D

Hi Saskia, not just vegas, surely it's "VEGAS BABY", :joyful:, flights booked, first off three nights in Vegas booked, then on to somewhere else, probs San Diego, then L.A and then up the west coast to San Fran Frisco :), got three weeks.
I do love the holidays we have with our granddaughter because she's great company (expensive though) but when I get back I always feel like I need another holiday....somewhere quiet.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,
The wanderer returns as I've been AWOL for a couple of weeks. Although my best intentions with keto slipped for a while, I am please to say my bg is still good...this morning 5.5 and yesterday 5.8. I even had a 4.1 yesterday afternoon before my dinner. My weight has stayed the same so it's good, I'm now focused again and going onwards and upwards ( or downwards in the case of bloods and weight)

Hello happy wanderer and welcome back, good scores on the doors kiddo.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol, yes, meter calibrated and all fine. At the doc now after already being yelled at once for testing as I shouldn’t be. Waiting for my next yelling :(

Unbelievable that he isn't happy about you testing your bg, he needs some good old fashioned anglo saxon advice regarding sex and travel.

Reactions: P1ckle

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Still not sure how my BS level could be 3.9 two hours after evening meal diabetes is crazy and unpredictable to say the least. Good night all see you tomorrow.:hungover::)

Reactions: philchap1

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Saskia, not just vegas, surely it's "VEGAS BABY", :joyful:, flights booked, first off three nights in Vegas booked, then on to somewhere else, probs San Diego, then L.A and then up the west coast to San Fran Frisco :), got three weeks.
I do love the holidays we have with our granddaughter because she's great company (expensive though) but when I get back I always feel like I need another holiday....somewhere quiet.

As the TV commercials here say:

images

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @SaskiaKC and @karen8967 it’s been a lovely day. The landlady of the pub we went to for dinner asked how old the birthday girl was - I said 61 and she looked quite shocked for a second - she thought we were celebrating my 6yo granddaughter’s bday

Glad you've had a great day, you young thing, you (still a relative newbie to the 60s). :)