Diabetes and stress

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @lucylocket61
Sorry to hear of the return of depressive symptoms and reaction to major stress.
I personally have had many years of depression and anxiety and know there is no easy solution or one size fits all but a fair few ideas listed on replies worth a try.
Things that have worked for me
Seeing a psychologist on nhs for a long period of time during my worse period of stressful events
Doing a cbt course
Practicing mindfulness- I do the Headspace app but there are others trick I think is getting a voice you like to relax to and sticking at the practice I do it fo4 a few mins every day and when caring pressures hot up I increase up to three times a day just for a few escape mins.
Breathing deeply and snatching time for you - even for a couple of mins - are powerful you could get a bath with relaxing music and oils, relax to favourite music at bedtime, get out to a park, garden or nature ....... or just go and look at something beautiful such as @ work of art etc.......
Anything that helps you escape from a difficult situation and gives you a short time of peace is valuabl3 wishing you all the best and sending you hugs x

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Glad to hear things are settling but please look at the you tube video if you wish.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to hear things are settling but please look at the you tube video if you wish.
thanks, but my diet, after being educated on here, is very good and i am mainly vegetarian these days as red meat doesnt agree with me, or pork (except bacon).

Reactions: kitedoc

Severe_Needle_phobia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been told lies , fake people
Thanks people. The stress, for now, is over - unless something else come along, of course. None of the last 12 months was foreseeable. Hence me falling apart now its resolved.

I also have to decide what to do about the steroids. Its a lo daily dose, and does help a bit, but that help is cancelled out by the effect on my blood sugar levels, I think. And I cant make a decision to save my life here.

Will have a look at some of your suggestions too.
Hi @lucylocket61
Glad things are improving slightly for you .
Hope you have a pleasant stress free weekend.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a better nights sleep last night. Still vivid nightmares, but i am getting the hang of breathing exercises when I wake up with them.