What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Viv19

What a lovely thing to do for a poor doggie that hasn't got a home.

My 13 year Labrador's paw was fine this morning and he was actually walking faster than me on his walk. He is a rescue dog and had been kept in a crate for his first 10 months. He was so grateful to be rescued - and has turned out to be one of the best dogs we have ever owned.

Sadly she has a forever family - she’s staying with us before flying back to Australia when all her injections, blood tests etc finally comply with Australian regs. She’s a black Labrador and apparently very kind. I’ve missed having a dog.
Amazingly, the drive has been repaired and I can hear them loading up the truck and driving off. This company does more or less everything related to gardens, paving, trees, garden landscaping etc. They’ve laid our patio, removed trees etc. I’ve never come across a company that’s so efficient, pleasant and who work so hard. The boss works in there with his employees, and they always have more offers of work than they can take on. Job done, now they’ve gone onto the next job.
I only wish I could afford to have them blitz my garden. We have such a healthy crop of weeds since being away.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly she has a forever family - she’s staying with us before flying back to Australia when all her injections, blood tests etc finally comply with Australian regs. She’s a black Labrador and apparently very kind. I’ve missed having a dog.
How lovely that she is staying in a good home instead of in kennels because 4 months is a long time. Dogs are great company and the house doesn't feel the same when we have had spells without a dog.

Great that your drive had been sorted. They sound a really super company.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have enjoyed afternoon tea at The Ritz. It was indeed a wonderful experience. A present from my sister to my hubby for his 50th (I tagged along!). But I do think afternoon teas are over rated. Yes, the setting is usually very special, the crockery and cutlery so beautiful and traditional. The service second to non. But to be expected to eat that many cakes in one sitting is obscene, then sandwiches on top (not literally of course). Could I be tempted to go again if I wasnt insulin resistant? TOO FLIPPIN RIGHT I COULD.

Me too, it’s the whole ambience surrounding it. One day when this WOE becomes mainstream there might be a pretty tiered plate stand with olives and delicately cut rollitos!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Best wishes for the dentist. Must be the week for Ians to have broken teeth fixed as mine finally had the crown fitted on Monday Bg good for you or a touch low?

Hello Ian

Aren’t broken gnashers a pain

4.2 just a bit too close to hypo for me
I had a few dextrose just to up it a wee bit and I’m now 5.4 so that’s ok

Any plans for today?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 for me around 6am. I’m pretending not to notice Dennis chewing a drinks coaster he’s managed to get hold of, so I can post here. Yesterday he chewed the inner out of Mr Cs shoe - his own fault as he left them on the floor rather than in the box on the chair.
@pavlosn have a wonderful time in London, and at the concert - looks like a rain free event which is always a bonus for anything outdoors in UK
@Viv19 great that your water pipes have been sorted so quickly but oh dear, your poor lavender. I can’t believe they’d be so thoughtless. Enjoy your 4 months with your foster buddy. I’m sure you’ll both get a lot out of it, and it’s so much nicer than kennels for him.
@Krystyna23040 glad your Lab’s foot is ok today -10 months in a crate, it’s barbaric! I’m so glad he’s found a happy forever home with you.
@Cumberland - have a hug back for your tooth. Hope it gets fixed well today.

I had a text from middle daughter this morning saying her stool sample result had come back abnormal. It was a faecal calprotectin test, used to distinguish IBS ( which is what we thought she had, and IBD ( inflammatory bowel disease ie Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis) so I’m quite worried now. I’m glad I told her not to leave the GP surgery until he’d sorted a referral to a gastro team though - he dismissed her symptoms as the result of her ‘fad diets’ !! (She had tried keto and fodmap WOE to try to control the symptoms) it’s small vindication that it’s come back as abnormal.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.9 today
At least it is still in single figures

The sky is blue and the sun is shining.

I am now officially 70 years old today!

It’s only 6:30 am but I still need to figure out how to do a feather string painting for my art group this afternoon...so off into the garage now to paint...take my cwc.

Am taking strawberries and cream to art as a birthday cake (!) so I can share with everyone.

Have a good day
>^..^<
happy birthday dear <3 :):):)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fbg 10.3

It’s gone up. I could well take it again and it could go back into the 9’s. Done that before.

I am going to start a daily spreadsheet today. Get a bit more analytical. I am not a statistical person but I want those 6’s.

Actually I worked out the spreadsheet yesterday. And what data I was going to collect. I might have to refine it a bit when I see how it goes.

I do keep a note in a book of readings and make a few little notes. But I want something I can hopefully crunch those figures with.

So this is data collection Friday. No, not bin collection, that was yesterday.

>^..^<

I’m so proud ... I do like a nice spread sheet... I’ll dm you

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So it’s been an interesting fewdays. I’ve got a new tester box machine thingy.. always exciting ! It’s funny how the little things help ..

Yesterday I was a 4.7
Not a great food day. I hardly ate.. oops
And then around 2.30 am my hypo hit at 2.3
I head for my shrimps and bananas ( mental note I have glucose tablets in my meds box for next time) anyway I eventually fell asleep to be faced with a resplendent 5.8 this morning. I’ve made chia pudding to try let’s see what it does to my readings

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Ian

Aren’t broken gnashers a pain

4.2 just a bit too close to hypo for me
I had a few dextrose just to up it a wee bit and I’m now 5.4 so that’s ok

Any plans for today?
Glad the dextrose improved things, Probably the biggest pain is the bill - prep at least has anaesthetic. Huge swollen knee again means plans restricted to watching cricket and figuring out just what lc food is safe for me to eat.