What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice to see you feeling a little better @PenguinMum
Hope all is well for the trip over.:)

@Cumberland ..agree the dog is lovely and all that walking plus the luvs..
how could it NOT be working well..LoL:D

and @SaskiaKC , a tad whitchy, but i'm with @DJC3 on this one.
that Gut feeling...it must mean something.
stuff happens for a reason.

BTW we have a LOT of supermarkets that deliver, as you say stores v buses.
pretty sure the states would have similar.
have you used and not liked or not looked into it.

not the same as browsing the aisles oohing and aahhing over new products etc,
but a good alternative plan, perhaps ?

My day...MeH

feeling a little rough if i'm honest.

Like i said i broke meter..(1ft fall on to kitchen floor lino :wideyed: :rolleyes:)
so can't measure BG.
But i felt like this the last few days.
and they were all in range

It's not a cold i believe, and me stressing out over so many insignificant things,
probably isn't helping.

lots going on at moment so i've had to take time to reach out and spoke to doctors
last week..suggestion was some counselling.:nurse:

have my first appointment with a counselor (?) next week to see if she can help
and offer advice.

have to admit to, NOT being happy or comfortable admitting this.:bag:

but now i've said it...ithe world hasn't ended..

has it :***:....anyone there...:woot::wideyed:

BUT on a more positive note, Bike's in for it's MOT
front fork seals had gone :arghh:

With so much going on i prevaricated and ran out of time
(plan was for me to learn as i go and do them this time :bookworm:..so i could do next more easily... if needed :D)
So i didn't...:woot::rolleyes:..and the shop got the business.:oops:

So as far as i know it was front forks seals, brake bleed AND a brand spanking new, untouched by Human hand and GUARANTEED for ONE whole year...yep, a NEW MOT...

and all for less then i expected..(165.sovs to you gov, no questions asked, squire, ;) )
So WELL happy on that front...(little Biker happy dance..:happy::headphone::happy::hilarious: )

Enjoy the day, be nice to those you love.
you can't change the world for everyone.
but you can maybe change the day for ONE person.

Don't feel down. The bike will have its MOT and new forks. Go for a (safe) blast.

Think of all that spicy holiday fun you had recently???? By the way, I was referring to the food, actually.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My day...MeH

Like i said i broke meter..(1ft fall on to kitchen floor lino :wideyed: :rolleyes:)
so can't measure BG.

It's not a cold i believe, and me stressing out over so many insignificant things,
probably isn't helping.

lots going on at moment so i've had to take time to reach out and spoke to doctors

and offer advice.

(plan was for me to learn as i go and do them this time :bookworm:..so i could do next more easily... if needed :D)

So as far as i know it was front forks seals, brake bleed AND a brand spanking new, untouched by Human hand and GUARANTEED for ONE whole year...yep, a NEW MOT...

and all for less then i expected..(165.sovs to you gov, no questions asked, squire, ;) )
So WELL happy on that front...(little Biker happy dance..:happy::headphone::happy::hilarious: )

We're here, buddy. Big hug. I am glad you've found someone to talk with. I hope it goes well and that the rough gets smoothed out.
Your story about your bike took me back, front forks and brakes ... I can taste the bugs in my teeth even as I type ...
dirtbike.gif

You are right, grocery stores here do deliver ... but I do love walking the aisles oohing and ahhing over all the things on the shelves ... and just getting out. Most of the Uber and Lyft drivers are from other parts of the country, or other countries, and we have good conversations during the rides. Plus they have brand new beautiful cars! :D

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak don’t fret about the counselling, I had it for a few weeks last year and although I felt a bit embarrassed about it at first, I began to see it as a little bit of ‘me’ time. I didn’t have to worry about seeming like a moaning Minnie or trying to keep up a pretence of being fine. After about 6 weeks I didn’t feel happy exactly, but I felt ready to let go of it. I didn’t want to keep rehashing it all with the counsellor and getting upset so I finished and realised I wasn’t reliving it all the time in my mind either. It must have done some good and I’d recommend it - just helps you sort stuff out in your own mind. ( she won’t offer advice btw that isn’t what they do - she’ll just lead you around until you are more comfortable with things)
Glad the bike MOT was better than expected.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. I have a very bloated tum today compared to yesterday but just need to be able to get on that plane tomorrow. Hope you are having nice time with the grandaughters and little Dennis.

I don’t think wild horses will stop you getting on that plane! Whatever it was, is bound to leave you feeling shell shocked and washed out, but a few days with your son is probably exactly the medicine to perk you up. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Reactions: Viv19

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SaskiaKC The optician didn't seem overly concerned by it and neither did the diabetic nurse when I saw her on Tuesday. The optician did say it would most likely reabsorb by itself (fingers crossed), it doesn't affect my vision when I have my glasses on and it's only ever so slightly wavy when I take them off and wink at everyone. I have my eye screening on the 19th and am just panicking that it's not going to be good news, even after the optician telling me he couldn't see any diabetic damage.

Reactions: Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My day...MeH

so can't measure BG.

probably isn't helping.

and offer advice.

Sorry to read that you have been a bit below par recently but your new front fork seals should sort you out.
Please take your human out for a ride at the earliest opportunity as I believe that he is not too good either and riding is such a great tonic.
All the best to both of you - keep on riding - shiny side up.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5.6 for me. Hope everyone’s morning is going well but @gennepher what a blow to have a power cut the day you’re feeling hungry. Hope it is soon on again or you can find something in your stores to nibble on.
&Cumberland Wispa is gorgeous, I can imagine how much she’s cheered you up.
@PenguinMum I’m so glad to see you had a good night and you’re feeling ok now. I guess you’ll never really know what caused such a bad reaction.
@SaskiaKC that neighbourhood that you knew so well is definitely worth revisiting. I like to trust gut feelings and it sounds like you have a good one.
&Bildad I thought you deserved a medal before you went, I think you deserve 10 now!
@True Blue not a bad post holiday fbg and well done for getting straight back on the lchf wagon. Lots of good stuff there. I agree with the Asda coffee, surprisingly good.

Thank you @DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9FAF06BE-A92B-4DD7-9D13-A0F208CA3957.jpeg
Thank you @PenguinMum and @DJC3 for your good wishes.

I had a tin of chicken in white sauce, cold, all of it this morning because of the dual power cuts.

My eating is well messed up today. I feel tired too. I went into Sayers and bought two slices cheese on toast. One had tomatoes, the other had bacon. No, I did not eat the toast. I just pulled the cheese off! So I was good. But I had already probably eaten more carbs that I normally do in that tin of chicken in white sauce. So, I was good in Sayers, but as I walked out the girl brought out a tray of freshly cooked mincemeat pies. I melted, no resolve, I haven’t had mince pies in a couple of years. I bought two and ate them immediately...

They haven’t upset me and I really enjoyed them, but I have been tired since. So methinks too much carbs for me.

It’s now 6:30 pm. All I want to do is sleep. The Painted Lady Butterflies are still flying in this sun as well as others.

I took another thousand photos on my iPad earlier when I got back from the dentist. I think some are amazing, but a lot need deleting, which I am not looking forward to going through and doing. I am too tired to look through them but here is one for you.

Reactions: Viv19 and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My day...MeH

so can't measure BG.

probably isn't helping.

and offer advice.

The bike has been done.
That’s the main thing. And you have MOT.
So you can ride.

You can always learn to do that maintenance stuff for another time.

The counselling. It is good you reached out. Nothing wrong in that. You can decide how you feel about it once it starts.

For me, well I went weekly for a year, about 20 years ago when my brother killed himself. Doctor said I had to go. The counselling opened up a whole other can of worms about my past, and like Alf said, the counsellor needed counselling herself each week afterwards...

In the end I called a halt. But I did go for a year. I can still recall the sessions. And I talked about stuff I had never talked about before. It was valuable that I stopped locking things away in my mind, and throwing away the key.

It doesn’t upset me to talk about the fact I went for counselling. I am fine about that. In fact I went on to further education after it (I didn’t have an education as a child because of my deafness, I wasn’t teachable). Got GCSE’s A levels then other qualifications, and degree in Psychology. I had to do them long distance learning because I cannot hear or cope in a classroom situation. What I was doing was trying to still find out about myself, and the rubbish in my life (although you are told not to do Psychology for that reason).

I am still searching and do various free online courses now, and other stuff. I don’t think that search will ever stop, at least it won’t for me.

I hope I have not spoken too much about me. But what I am trying to say and explain, is the counselling will probably open up new thoughts and ideas and new avenues for you, and another way of viewing things. Life is a journey. Things change and alter all the the time.

And go for a good ride on your bike first...

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34611 Thank you @PenguinMum and @DJC3 for your good wishes.

I had a tin of chicken in white sauce, cold, all of it this morning because of the dual power cuts.

My eating is well messed up today. I feel tired too. I went into Sayers and bought two slices cheese on toast. One had tomatoes, the other had bacon. No, I did not eat the toast. I just pulled the cheese off! So I was good. But I had already probably eaten more carbs that I normally do in that tin of chicken in white sauce. So, I was good in Sayers, but as I walked out the girl brought out a tray of freshly cooked mincemeat pies. I melted, no resolve, I haven’t had mince pies in a couple of years. I bought two and ate them immediately...

They haven’t upset me and I really enjoyed them, but I have been tired since. So methinks too much carbs for me.

It’s now 6:30 pm. All I want to do is sleep. The Painted Lady Butterflies are still flying in this sun as well as others.

I took another thousand photos on my iPad earlier when I got back from the dentist. I think some are amazing, but a lot need deleting, which I am not looking forward to going through and doing. I am too tired to look through them but here is one for you.

I’m not surprised you succumbed to the mince pies after such a trying morning and odd night’s dreaming. I agree your tiredness is probably due to more carbs than you’re used to though. Hope you have a good rest tonight and an ‘ordinary’ day tomorrow.
We’ve seen a few Painted Ladies too but not in the hordes I was expecting.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. How did the Aussies escape at Edgbaston?? Makes for a close series I suppose. Good luck to our lady golfers at Woburn this weekend.

FBG 7.6 at 0600. Still not quite back in the groove.

Weight back down to pre-hols though. Have a great day everyone.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 5.7 for me this morning.
Finally sunshine!!
Last night's bonfire and marshmallow toasting turned into sitting at picnic benches and singing whilst the marshmallows were toasted over a hasty petrol station purchased instant BBQ. I resisted temptation but only just!!
The little darlings managed to eat them and hot dogs!
Off "swimming" today - bobbing in a pool with a slide and wave machines!
Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m not surprised you succumbed to the mince pies after such a trying morning and odd night’s dreaming. I agree your tiredness is probably due to more carbs than you’re used to though. Hope you have a good rest tonight and an ‘ordinary’ day tomorrow.
We’ve seen a few Painted Ladies too but not in the hordes I was expecting.
Thank you @DJC3
I want an 'ordinary' day today
Still a high reading this morning.
I am going to vow (at least try to very hard) never to succumb again, no matter what is chucked at me.

We have a beautiful morning here. iPad is fully charged (to take photos) and I will be in garden with those butterflies!

I also saw quite a few butterflies driving to the dentist yesterday. I have not seen butterflies while driving in a long time.

Have a good day

>^..^<