HbA1c test results today

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from my GP. Four years in, still at non-diabetic levels. HbA1c was 29 (4.9%). Very happy with this result.

Reactions: Listlad and statler

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done Ziggy, sterling work xx

Reactions: ziggy_w

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news ...what a great job you are doing.. being in control is liberating isn't it!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @ziggy_w superstar results well done. Wow four years show just what can be done with this “progressive “ illness mainly by changing what you eat. Gold stars are definitely earnt ⭐✨

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news ...what a great job you are doing.. being in control is liberating isn't it!

Thanks so much, @bulkbiker. I'm definitely a bit of a control freak, so yes being in control feels really good (and definitely beats not being in control).

Watching your own journey definitely has been an inspiration.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much, @Goonergal. Your support has always been of great help.

When will you have your next test?

I have a blood test form but am waiting until around the time of my 3 year diaversary (December) before booking an appointment. Last one was March so no huge rush. You’ve really dropped your levels over the past year, have you made any significant changes?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations @ziggy_w superstar results well done. Wow four years show just what can be done with this “progressive “ illness mainly by changing what you eat. Gold stars are definitely earnt ⭐✨

Hi @shelley262 -- Thank you so much. You are definitely a superstar yourself. In no time, the four years will be up for you too.

So glad we are on this journey together.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a blood test form but am waiting until around the time of my 3 year diaversary (December) before booking an appointment. Last one was March so no huge rush. You’ve really dropped your levels over the past year, have you made any significant changes?

I'm absolutely convinced you'll do brilliantly on your blood test. What was the effect of carnivory on your blood sugar levels?

Haven't really changed much apart from upping exercise a bit and keeping track of carbs and calories on cronometer rather than just guessing. Also lost another two kgs during the last half year.

I suspect, though, that the biggest change has been that my GP now does the HbA1c test in his practice rather than sending it to a lab (before my HbA1c was off by about 6 mmol compared to finger prick testing, since then it has only off by about 2 mmol).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What was the effect of carnivory on your blood sugar levels?

When I stick to it properly, BG just flatlines in the low to mid fours. However recently a few too many treat like things (nuts, high percentage cocoa chocolate, cream) have crept in so trying to be a bit more consistent: too easy to overeat those things.