What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Freema, I do so enjoy your posts. I also enjoy yours @Cumberland and will be another who misses your input. Interesting reading about the pleasure folk get from the National Arboretum since No1 son gives advice on conservation and H and S inspections there. 5.6 fbg - no disguising my disappointment with that. But what of the whole man you ask? - sleep score at 80 is good, resting pulse at 58 getting back where I want it, weight at 75.3 kgs about 1.5 over what I want. Carbs in shrinking and calorie deficit growing can't be sustained for long so my body must drain the excess soon (because we all know Jason can never be in error) . Who can tell how often they offend? O cleanse me from my secret faults! Have a little Psalm 19 good folk and don't go overboard today since Martinmas is a lesser UK festival. This is for Leo, Poppy, Isobel (Boo), Hazel and Rosa P (we did buy the CD and this plays on loop in my car)

Thank you for posting the YouTube clip of Jodie Whittaker singing Yellow. We watched the programme about the making of the album for Children In Need (twice) - wonderful.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I am taking a little drive to Lincoln and back this morning as grandson has spent the week end with us but has a lecture to attend today Though to be honest he is driving there and I will drive back.. Could think of a better day to be driving what with all this rain and flooding.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 6am when I woke
6.0 before breaky at 8.26

Off to Southport for the day. Meeting with David and Jen Unwin at 5.30!!! So excited. They run a low carb group. Going to learn lots from the masters. Would love to start my own up.

I took out a cake I bought from real food rocks last night but wasnt thawed in time to eat. Had it for breakfast with double cream, hardly any impact. Should have had 2 :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191111-102914_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191111-102914_LibreLink.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 80

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this am having far more carbs than I should be having whilst visiting my daughter . Hopefully get back on track when I get home and back to the gym . I say gym like I m there every day lol only managed once a week so far but every little helps.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this am having far more carbs than I should be having whilst visiting my daughter
mojo that's not a terrible number for a weekend away...I didn't let up with the carbs when I visited friends & family on Saturday...now I'm right back on track you'll be fine after a day or two at home.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hospital visit went well and I have been let off for good behavior, no surgery or owt. Had bacon and eggs at the cafe and a walk home where my bg sits at 5.3 :)

Reactions: alf_Josiah

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back from clinic with an excellent score...so a five week gap between appointments...it would have been six weeks but obviously the following week is Christmas week.
Good news...is Christmas really that close :banghead: I always enjoy it when I get there though. You will have an interesting time with two new fur babies...good luck if you put up a tree lol.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today is still a mystery as the font of all knowledge about such things is still sleeping and, although it may be quite intriguing to wake her and let her know that it’s now 0900,

the initial glee would soon be overtaken with the presentation of one of those punishing lists of jobs that would take so much effort to avoid participating in.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.....
thumbupleft.gif

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good news...is Christmas really that close :banghead: I always enjoy it when I get there though. You will have an interesting time with two new fur babies...good luck if you put up a tree lol.
TBH I am a little anxious PM I haven't had any kittens for years...the last one was Churchill!...I will have a tree however it does go on to the side board which thy won't be able to reach...at the weekend I was given a bag full of toys & treats for them...one of them is a laser beam torch which they can chase...I can't wait to get started...yes Christmas is that near...I have one more gift to get then I am done with gift shopping.

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.1 this morning ( falsely low I suspect because of more wine than usual yesterday)
@Cumberland I was very sorry to read that you’ve been subject to trolling and I really hope you decide to stay, as others have also said - you would be sorely missed.
@Freema it’s good to see you back, I’m glad the move went well and you are enjoying your new flat.
Good luck this morning @HarryBeau
thank you, life seems good ... only hard task now for me is the diabetes.... we even decided only to give one gift each person to one other (except our children) so Christmas wil be okay cheap this year... and no worries there...I am having most of the inner family this year for Christmas dinner and dance around the Christmas tree... here in DK we celebrate mostly the evening of the 24.th of december... happy to be able just to focus on decorating for christmas the tree and not at least the dinner... we have both vegetarians and meatlovers... so need lots of food ideas especially for the vegetarins... hope you are all doing well in this great forum.... it is such a hard task to keep ones nose in the track....

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice weekend of almost doing nothing at all...or sweet football association as it's sometimes called..;)
(if you don't count the on going diy/redecorating)

and a little wobble this weekend as i went off piste on the food front, wasn't as calamitous as i had expected, low 6's most mornings and today 5.7 puts me back in the zone of Love.

Sorry to those who lacked sleep, i fear i may have stolen some of your slumber time, again a late rise circa 11 am.
And on the dreams front, not normally something i really remember or that troubles me. , but last nights seemed to be two quite vivid dreams..i wonder if it is the moon phases or something..?

Sorry to hear all the tales of rain, last few days been rather pleasant here i the Sunny capital.
heart does go out to those suffering the flooding, can't think of a more miserable time, then being wet and cold as all that goes on around you.

Another here saddened by the tale of @Cumberland

Does seem to be an illness that so many can't seem to keep it civil when someone else doesn't agree with THEIR world view and 3 mates off facebook :rolleyes:, think @ianpspurs got that spot on in his post,
but @HarryBeau & @gennepher nail it for me.

@Cumberland, T1, T2, etc, doesn't matter, as @Muddy Cyclist , so eloquently puts it, we NEED those who do have the experience, and capability to make sense of this disease to keep us all that little bit calmer, when seas are choppy..
if not by information & links, then by examples...and you sir, have been a shining one.

A little poem ..

58324fba47214dfdd801831bd6583821.jpg

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Christmas, the time of mass panic among so many normally sensible people, dear god.:rolleyes:

they say confession is good for the soul, so here goes.

I'm a Christmas Grinch...

Screenshot (17).png

there said it, so ya know.

Hope all who look forward to it, enjoy the build up and the day immensely.

Me, i start putting up the Christmas shutters, around this time, carry earplugs to drown out the oh so endless pappy "season of goodwill' dross they play in all the stores, over and over and over again...:***:

AND liking the easing of Christmas @Freema (nice to see you back, btw
thumbupleft.gif
)
we discovered a good while back that stepping back was more beneficial for us in many ways.

Stepping away from Xmas overload so many suffer, we now carry through it serenely, rolling our eyes at those who momentarily enter a distorted dimension where E-v-e-r-y- single thing HAS to be done to nth degree
doh.gif

I defend those who want to celebrate it. so i'll still be raising a toast to you all come Xmas day, by charging my glass...

......From a beach in Vietnam...;)

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
only hard task now for me is the diabetes
It is hard work Freema however you can make your own way back at your own pace in your own good time...really good to see you back here posting...that's a great start.:)