Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Keto people will be proud of me for part of the day - smoked salmon and avo for brekkie. Having roast cauliflower for lunch (others get turkey).
Then I bring out the insulin for chocolate and cheese/crackers.:D

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Keto people will be proud of me for part of the day - smoked salmon and avo for brekkie. Having roast cauliflower for lunch (others get turkey).

Then again I just use loop for the chocolate/crackers... :D

Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Japes

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Merry Christmas, bolus for 90% of the treats and enjoy every single one of them!
Yesterday, I had my work party and for the longest time, my supervisor didn’t like me for whatever reason. So yesterday I ended getting her as my raffle gift I was like well she can’t run from me. The meal I had yesterday was so weird - I was hypo to never going up above 7. I didn’t bolus for two bottles of J2O as well because I was walking home and I ended up safe sailing 5-7mmol all night and that included forcing myself to eat my jam doughnut during my walk home.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started off with Greek yoghurt and berries for b/fast and only had 2 roast spuds with my dinner but pud was a mini Christmas pud with plenty of low carb cream.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

6.9 before dinner, which was a lovely gammon steak :):hungry:

@Robinredbreast I saw these on Twitter and thought of you. Merry Christmas.
008A5279-7A01-485F-81E0-8453C8740280.jpeg

5B376BD0-9E99-4D95-94E2-F87987B2D918.jpeg

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
will be having loads of family, food, and insulin!
Back home again. My uncle really is a good cook although not necessarily from a diabetes point of view :hilarious:. Honey on the chicory and in the salad dressing, grapes in the brussels sprouts and very good but mysterious vegetarian meatballs and pulled jackfruit in mystery sauce besides the meat made carb guessing an interesting exercise.
In the end I took 3 times as much insulin as I do for a normal not-very-low-carb meal and hovered at around 10 for a couple of hours, which I count as a definite win for such a meal :)
Back at 7.something, which I'd usually correct, but I think I'll leave things as they are for tonight.

Hope you've all had such a nice christmas as well!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Despite not being with family this Christmas, it wasn’t too bad. I had all the junk food and all the sleep. I never had so much cake and scones in my life. To make things worse, a guest at work gave me a gift and it’s a cake from Busca. So I have a lot of cakes and pastries to work through. I just managed to eat the black velvet cake Could yall send help please?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Antje77 Grapes with Brussels sprouts sounds different and surprisingly very good.

@MeiChanski Chocolate cake is one of my favorites and not consumed very often! Hmm I might have to pull a piece out of the freezer I have stashed for dessert later now!

Reactions: Antje77
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast I saw these on Twitter and thought of you. Merry Christmas.
View attachment 37407
View attachment 37408

Thank you Listlad, it is a stunning picture of such a beautifully iconic bird, I love it, the Robin has always been my favourite garden bird :joyful: daughter's boyfriend saw 3 Robin's on the hood of a car ! :wideyed:
I hope you are having a lovely Christmas and wishing you peace, joy, good health and happiness for 2020 :happy:

Reactions: Listlad
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning and a very Happy Boxing day to you all. Food wise and drink yesterday, I was very good (I was given two boxes of Lindor chocolates and I never touched them either :) I had a lovely Christmas day with son and daughter, then a fantastic evening with daughter's boyfriend's family, with a couple of largest rum and cokes too, I was shattered by 10.30, but the two young children were still on the go lol
Family are coming round around 12pm, so I am really looking forward to seeing them, especially baby Cleo and enjoying their company, with some laughs, food and drink :)
Hope you all survived yesterday and are ready for another festive day X

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! I am much revived after 10 hours sleep.... except I think the Novorapid disposable pen I started Christmas Eve is the one I meant to use after being away in October as it had been in a Frio wallet while I was travelling then put back in the fridge . At any rate it's currently as much use as the rain!!

I did go for a walk (before the rain started) which normally drops me quickly with insulin on board but not this morning. I am not resorting to housework as the other guaranteed approach today. If it's still stupidly high later I'll swap the insulin. Ketones fine!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning everyone hope you all had a lovely xmas day yesterday me and tommy went to see the ninjas aka the grandsons then it was back home pjs on and settled for our dinner was a nice relaxing day apart from this pump i know its only early days but its driving me mad only been in range 13% rest is high despite loads of corrections and a few basal tweaks and 1 ic ratio :banghead:sorry to off load but hubby is useless when it comes to my diabetes and doesnt understand anyway enough moaning from me was supposed to be going to liverpool town centre for a few drinks today but weather has put us off so see what tommorrow brings ....is it too early for a vodka :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, still full of food from yesterday! A whole roasted salmon and loads of roasted veggies, plus tempeh chunks which made the most fabulous roast potato substitutes. Leftovers today. Bloods a little on the low side yesterday, so turned the insulin tap down by 20% when I went to bed and woke on 8.3. Let’s see what the day brings. More salmon, I imagine!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, ARH! no Afternoon it be.

All well?

Things here are still drunk, rum, and still working the way through it.
Still it's Christmas and who cares, carry on on don't fear the carbs. :)

Reactions: karen8967

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
There could be an echo dot war brewing in our house. Child talks to hers and it is heRd by husband’s one. He is diverted from rugby to Ariana Grande songs. In revenge he sets hers to alarm early in the morning.
I find that turning on lights and the radio myself is safer.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

A bit of a rough morning, I had 6 alarms going off to tell me it has detected a hypo. Tired me kept drinking to the point where it was just to shut the alarm off, so I ended up really high. But it came back down nicely. I’m 7.5 now :)
Cafe manager wants me in on Saturday but I said I’ve been waiting for a parcel to arrive on that day and I can’t miss it. (It’s a parcel from my best friend in London and I’ve been waiting forever for it). I’m annoyed because I asked earlier this week if he needed me, he said Friday and Sunday but I said my other manager has put me down for all day. We agreed to resume things next week. Few days later, he texted me again to say he wants me in on Saturday, I’m like my parcel is coming.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

A bit of a rough morning, I had 6 alarms going off to tell me it has detected a hypo. Tired me kept drinking to the point where it was just to shut the alarm off, so I ended up really high. But it came back down nicely. I’m 7.5 now :)
Cafe manager wants me in on Saturday but I said I’ve been waiting for a parcel to arrive on that day and I can’t miss it. (It’s a parcel from my best friend in London and I’ve been waiting forever for it). I’m annoyed because I asked earlier this week if he needed me, he said Friday and Sunday but I said my other manager has put me down for all day. We agreed to resume things next week. Few days later, he texted me again to say he wants me in on Saturday, I’m like my parcel is coming.

Could a neighbour not take your parcel in for you?