What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up and at em early------ish...Honest.

Breakfast had, bloods before on the new 4,8...tested again seconds later 5.2..so an official recorded time of 5.2..:D
not a natural for the Fourbidden zone, hence the test..dinner was quite meaty last night, does seem to agree with my inner beast.

and senior moment...yep.

last week used both meters..Navii and codefree, put away and used next day.

I took bloods and got error...ok happens soemtimes.
then took it again..error..ok too little blood maybe, not flowing right.
took it again......................and again

NONE of the strips worked in the NAVii, :arghh:

mentally working out my furious email to Homehealth (lovely people )
asking WHY oh WHY U send me bad strips or duff meter..:woot:

then i try the codefree. ....it NO workee either...:wideyed:

AAGGHH...my BLOODS CONTAMINATED..death awaits, as i run round kitchen like headless poulrty...:***::***::***:

a few minutes of feeling sorry for myself, i stop mentally writing my Eulogy..
(was petty GOOD, btw ..wished i was there for it..;) )

then i spots it,, you know what i did right...;)...IDIOT..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

swapped over the strip boxes and NEVER even noticed once while testing..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

so down side..I'M a fool....:sorry:

But upside..I'M gonna LIVE...:D

Enjoy today while you too are joining me in LIFE*

it's a Great game, ...Some days we win, Some days we lose..and mostly it's just a bore draw

BUT just remember infection rates of LIFE do result in 100% mortality.
SO DO GO Enjoy ..while you can

( * this offer IS time limited..
First 8 Billion only.
T&C's apply )

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Breakfast had, bloods before on the new 4,8...tested again seconds later 5.2..so an official recorded time of 5.2..:D
not a natural for the Fourbidden zone, hence the test..dinner was quite meaty last night, does seem to agree with my inner beast.

and senior moment...yep.

AAGGHH...my BLOODS CONTAMINATED..death awaits, as i run round kitchen like headless poulrty...:***::***::***:

then i spots it,, you know what i did right...;)...IDIOT..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

swapped over the strip boxes and NEVER even noticed once while testing..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it's a Great game, ...Some days we win, Some days we lose..and mostly it's just a bore draw

First 8 Billion only.
T'C's apply )
Ah the dance of the juggling strip joints.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist. Love your paintings. Starting to get me into the wish I could mode.

Will catch up with you great peoples' posts when I sort my laptop out. Currently connected via an hdmi cable into the TV, don't think the hubby would appreciate sitting watching me typing for long, two minutes and he has already gone for a walk.
Bloods this morning 5.2.
Poor Hubby @Ryhia :joyful:
Keep on typing!!!

what do you wish you could?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

and senior moment...yep.

First 8 Billion only.
T&C's apply )

Hilarious!!!!

Actually I did just that the other day. Wasted a whole pile of strips in the wrong meters. I have two different ones. Codefree and CareSens

My thought processes were on the lines of yours!!!

I felt a fool when I realised. So you just got me roaring with laughter!!!!

Reactions: HarryBeau and Ryhia

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's so nice to know that I am not the only person that this has happened to.

You are definitely not the only person. :) You should have seen me yesterday, running around like a chicken with its head cut off (as my mother used to say) ...
On second thought, maybe you shouldn't have ...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. I still haven’t got to the end but must take D out now.
@gennepher sorry to read about Popeye’s fright, but glad he’s ok now.
@SaskiaKC I have been in the same position as you with your mama’s desk. Our old house was full of furniture which had sentimental value to me as it had been part of the family for generations. Trying to decide what to bring with us when downsizing was v hard. I love the look of that sofa btw.
@jjraak sorry to hear about your m/ being vandalised like that, makes me so cross. Hope you and Lauren have fun with the new scooter b

Thank you. :)
I thought of you yesterday when I tried my second cup of coffee black.
I think I need more practice with that ... :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.3

I felt sorry for his Lordship in the kitchen, so brought him to my bed last night, but he was chomping at the bit to go outside and tackle something and was mithering me to open my bedroom window.

I wasn't going to get any sleep so he was taken back to the kitchen, door was closed, and I showed him the cat tray again whereupon he immediately leapt out.

I left the light on so he could see where it was, because this is a new concept for him.

And went back to bed.

It was dark as it usually is when I woke up to do my painting, but I didn't go and see him because he would have been pestering me to go outside. He had a go last night trying to move this heavy wooden chest from the cat flap, but it nearly gives me a hernia lugging it in place, so no chance for a cat to move it...

I did my painting. It was now getting daylight, so I went to see him. He glowered at me...

But miracle of miracles, he had wee'd in the cat tray. A little victory dance from me! You can teach an old dog new tricks!!! He has never had to use one before.

So I removed the wooden chest. But he looked at me and said no, he wasn't going outside and made for my bed, whereupon he starts shredding my Berber fleece blanket on my bed (he always does that, I am okay with that because he is making his nest for the day between my blankets), and goes round and round anti-clockwise, and he is now asleep in the dark between my blankets.

I looked on Amazon last night at cat flaps. I am not overly impressed. Popeye cannot wear a collar round his neck. He is the only cat I have had that gets his bottom jaw under the collar and then it is choking him across the mouth. So I cannot have a magnetic collar on him.

The problem is, the cat flaps are different dimensions to the one already in the door, they don't fit the current hole exactly. I could go for a bigger cat flap and make the hole in the door bigger, but I don't want to do that. Or get someone to replace that bottom door panel with a new cat flap in it. I don't have the funds for that.

So, I am half thinking at the moment of repairing the outside of the cat flap better, and on the inside make two panels either side of the cat flap so I can slide a piece of plywood in front of the cat flap, and then nothing can use the cat flap to get in or out, when I don't want the cat flap to be in use. I could do that with stuff from the garage. I am working something out in my head now.

Anyway, here is my painting today. Another abstract. A bit acid yellow in it, but that is me at the mo...

View attachment 38358

Have a good day
Hugs for those who need them
Take care

I like the colors and shapes.
s0112.gif

Congratulations to Popeye!
t9721.gif

Good luck with your cat flap project.

t6015.gif
t6031.gif
t6021.gif
t6019.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mrs MC wants me to paint our garden fence today, I say too damp, too cold. She says tin says over 5 degrees which it is by 11 am. I say needs 4 hours to dry, she says it does not have to all be done in one day. Don't think I am going to win this one.

Have you ever read Tom Sawyer? :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. :) I just looked it up on Google Maps and saw this lovely scene.

AF1QipO_7XfYRcGGKv4sYcuy_0SB0w2nHhJ8udN1HnS0=w838-h240-k-no
That's the place. I taught at Downham Market High School for a while. Those villages are picturesque, tranquil and Norfolky. I guess when we move into Suffolk we may be sworn enemies of Norfolk. @Krystyna23040 excepted.

Reactions: Ryhia

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 this morning after a horrid nightmare. I tried to go back to sleep but too hungry ... now enjoying breakfast ...
Big hug for the nightmare. I think we are alike. Its funny how you think on a stressful day you are coping just fine but whenyou go to sleep after it its another story. After our first viewing of the season and a 90 minute intense convo with a double glazing man (10 mins about the job the rest about his life) I felt quite het up. Was awake reading the forum between 4 and 5am then fell back into deep sleep and thats when it came on with a loud thump. I am going out again now to be out of the way for more viewers. Daisy hates it and stays behind the sofa till I come back.
Try and have a gentle day with the KC remember my advice always cat and rug :):cat:

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After our first viewing of the season
Even though you want to sell your house it's difficult having strangers trawling through it...I never stayed home during any of the viewings at my flat...I just didn't want to watch the reaction & couldn't bear hearing any comments made about my space...it's difficult lwts hope there aren't too many viewings before you get a good offer...likely to have unsettled you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As you can see as I promised, I would get some daffodils in my garden to show spring has arrived here as well, but the garden centre let me down :(
However, the £1 shop was more productive...

91DDF315-1931-49F5-8D23-6BFE296D65CF.jpeg

And Popeye is out here with me. I do not think he is very keen on the great outdoors alone at the mo...
51EAE836-6A14-4F1E-9051-AAADDB0D8D27.jpeg

Sorry about the sideways image of Pops. iPad is not laying ball at the mo...

just going to redistribute those articulate daffodils...they will look almost real within the green vegetation...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As you can see as I promised, I would get some daffodils in my garden to show spring has arrived here as well, but the garden centre let me down :(
However, the £1 shop was more productive...

View attachment 38360
And Popeye is out here with me. I do not think he is very keen on the great outdoors alone at the mo...
View attachment 38361
Sorry about the sideways image of Pops. iPad is not laying ball at the mo...

just going to redistribute those articulate daffodils...they will look almost real within the green vegetation...

How lovely! And Popeye looks like he is doing well. Hugs and purrs to you both.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big hug for the nightmare. I think we are alike. Its funny how you think on a stressful day you are coping just fine but whenyou go to sleep after it its another story. After our first viewing of the season and a 90 minute intense convo with a double glazing man (10 mins about the job the rest about his life) I felt quite het up. Was awake reading the forum between 4 and 5am then fell back into deep sleep and thats when it came on with a loud thump. I am going out again now to be out of the way for more viewers. Daisy hates it and stays behind the sofa till I come back.
Try and have a gentle day with the KC remember my advice always cat and rug :):cat:

Yesterday was a very stressful day -- I haven't been that mentally "busy" in a long time.
Hugs to you and the kitties, especially Daisy. The KittenCat would hate that too and would be hiding. My old cat would have been out greeting everyone!
I'm heading out to the bank to get my statements in about an hour. I really need to get in the shower ... but the KittenCat has just settled in my lap; she has been stressed out this morning too.