Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Good morning
After a pleasant weekend a lot of which was spent in the garden I appear to be one of the lucky ones who has a full bin collection.
Control has been good and I woke this morning on 6.8 and am now at work on 3.9 and am about to have a banana...…
I'm suddenly reminded of that advert from yesteryear...……….un zip a banana...

Have a top day

Tony

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,

I’ve reported to my manager and I’ve been sent for a corona test. According to nhs 111 Coronavirus service, it seems unlikely but manager said to look into self isolation. I woke up a bit hypo this morning, I guess temp basal was on for too long.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, aching today from cycling but woke with a 4.1 which has risen to 4.7 with a ground coffee so I'll take that :)

Looking at my itinerary it's going to be a week of sanding with some cycling thrown in for good measure with a few moaning emails to the local clowncil about the household waste tip being closed to the public but not trade and the green waste bins not being collected, my living room has a table with me on it and rubble around the walls so a little grim this week but come Friday I hope to be getting ready to wallpaper.

But I live in hope me :p

Edit, with an ouch when the needle hits your finger as you stretch the skin for a breakfast jab... :banghead:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone, another sunny one here but there’s rain coming this week, or so the met office says. A warmer drier April’s disconcerting, not only is it nowThisday or Thatday but it’s Junril or Augarch too. Basal still higher than usual for sunny times, but I’m putting that down to reduced walking. Must get up to the bluebells again, despite the narrow pavement and joggers between here and the broader route.
Maybe I’ll carry a 2mtr garden cane with me next time - or resurrect my old bad-knee walking sick to wave around.
A little low this morning, 3.8, but still here.
Anyone else having vivid lockdown dreams? Briancat and I were on the beach for a whole day last night. While there we successfully auditioned for an on the sands amdram. But we had to hand back the car key (not mine), the packet of sweets and the pile of receipts (also not mine) that had accrued in his carry basket while it was in the beach warden’s office, then we went back home. He was snoring beside me when I awoke this morning.
I must be missing lunch by the sea.
@MeiChanski, good luck getting a coronavirus test, and let us know how you are.
Have a good day the rest of you, whatever you’re getting up to.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh, and I was magically 20 again in my dream. The cliches are tempting, but I’m resisting.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,

I’ve reported to my manager and I’ve been sent for a corona test. According to nhs 111 Coronavirus service, it seems unlikely but manager said to look into self isolation. I woke up a bit hypo this morning, I guess temp basal was on for too long.

Best wishes with the test Mei.

I'm sort of sitting around waiting for a call back from a vet after finally getting through, then transferred to a busy central animal surgery in the next town..
Had an episodic weekend starting Friday evening regarding my dog with what looks like at least 3 heart attacks?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'm sort of sitting around waiting for a call back from a vet after finally getting through, then transferred to a busy central animal surgery in the next town..
Had an episodic weekend starting Friday evening regarding my dog with what looks like at least 3 heart attacks?
A worrying time, do hope your dog gets good treatment! Pets are family, we feel strongly about them. (((((Hugs)))))

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 @Fairygodmother ,

Just got off the phone to a main vet centre part of & coordinating the partnership we normally take him too?
All the satellite surgeries are closed..

He has an appointment @1. They consider he should be looked at.
There are a whole bunch of COVID 19 protocols involved including waiting in the vehicle in the car park, going a call announcing our arrival & using their own leashes & collars..
The surgery seems to be on lockdown with only animals allowed in..

Reactions: Xal and karen8967

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingers crossed for your dog @Jaylee, I knowonly too well how this feels. Keep us posted xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 @Fairygodmother ,

Just got off the phone to a main vet centre part of & coordinating the partnership we normally take him too?
All the satellite surgeries are closed..

He has an appointment @1. They consider he should be looked at.
There are a whole bunch of COVID 19 protocols involved including waiting in the vehicle in the car park, going a call announcing our arrival & using their own leashes & collars..
The surgery seems to be on lockdown with only animals allowed in..
Hope all goes well @Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingers crossed for your dog @Jaylee, I knowonly too well how this feels. Keep us posted xx

Hi,

So far, he's in there having chest X-rays, urine & blood works done.

Just awaiting another call...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh no, I’m sorry, send dogo hugs please from all of us :( I hope your dog gets better soon!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I can’t taste or smell anything, so I’m having to bother my bf to taste everything and apparently everything tastes okay. Ice cream is the only thing I can some what taste but so far I can’t smell much. BG has been better today :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That’s not good, @MeiChanski. It happens with a bad cold, but it’s also a symptom of C19. When our son-outlaw’s brother’s partner had it she totally lost taste and smell. That said, both she and outlaw’s brother had mild cases. Not everyone get’s the full Boris. Hope you stay reasonably ok!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s not good, @MeiChanski. It happens with a bad cold, but it’s also a symptom of C19. When our son-outlaw’s brother’s partner had it she totally lost taste and smell. That said, both she and outlaw’s brother had mild cases. Not everyone get’s the full Boris. Hope you stay reasonably ok!

My parents are convinced it is because apparent loss of taste or smell is one of the earliest signs. But apparently hay fever and you said, a bad cold can do the same thing. Thank you, I’m dragging my bf and I to the testing centre tomorrow :)

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,
Hope everyone is well, I’ve not been about as my uncle passed away last week and we’re to attend his funeral via zoom tomorrow due to covid restrictions, I feel so bad for my mother as she never got to see him. Apart from that I’ve been running a temperature of 37.5/6 for the past three days now I don’t know if that’s something to worry about as I feel warm but I’ve convinced myself I’ve got covid and nearly thrown up thinking about it. any advice would be very welcomed right now.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So sorry about your uncle @npatel19, and for your mother, and the zoom funeral. I can’t begin to know how you all feel but I’d feel it wasn’t real without the hugs and seeing the rest of the family in person. We’re you close to your uncle?
I think any symptoms that might be C19 will worry us at the moment, but C19’s not the only thing we can get. If you’re really worried then maybe call 111 and tell them your symptoms?

npatel19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry about your uncle @npatel19, and for your mother, and the zoom funeral. I can’t begin to know how you all feel but I’d feel it wasn’t real without the hugs and seeing the rest of the family in person. We’re you close to your uncle?
I think any symptoms that might be C19 will worry us at the moment, but C19’s not the only thing we can get. If you’re really worried then maybe call 111 and tell them your symptoms?

Hi @Fairygodmother thank you for your kind words, my mum was close to him growing up but unfortunately in recent years didn’t get to see much of him as we live in Nottingham and he lives in London, he is one of four brothers and the first sibling to pass away.

My temperature at the moment is classed as normal, I spoke to the GP this morning and she said she wasn’t worried about those numbers. But as it’s not normal it’s really freaking me out and I’m just anticipating it to get worse which I need to stop doing I’m going to call my diabetic nurse tomorrow and see what she thinks. X

Reactions: Fairygodmother