Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, up on 6.4, that's good with me. Cloudy here right now so hopefully I'll be able to get some work done outside without frying. My new garden bench arrived yesterday; I have to assemble it and I'm not rushing to do it as there may be some rain next week and it's a job I can do indoors.

Hope those of you working have a good break this weekend, that everyone stays safe with steady bg. @Marie 2 I know exactly what you mean about things not tasting as good when I have to eat them. I think for me it's the added, unwanted flavour of resentment! :D

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke on a 5 again! Shock!
No garden waste collections here but we don’t pay for them. And we have a food waste bin and that stopped too. I spent a day emptying and sorting my compost bin so that I could put veg and fruit waste on and some grass clippings. Garden had been thoroughly tamed and weeded prior and we were the last garden waste collection on the day of lockdown, with a full bin, so that was lucky. With the grass out front I have been cutting without the collector on. I then just have back garden cuttings to compost. This I have been doing regularly so that there are less to decompose at a time. Let’s face it I’m not planning on going anywhere any time soon, so have oodles of time to faff!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 5.3 waking and a painful foot probably from cycling, all the bones in the arch hurt and a golf ball massage seemed to worsen it but that'll be age rather than T1 diabetes :p

I've not yet mowed my lawns as our 'green bin' collections have been stopped (as have all mourners at the crematorium) but the local clowncil have been taken to task about that by the towns MP, the numbers do indicate we've turned the corner, for the first 'wave' at least.

Time for a pre porridge jab :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Our local council announced yesterday that they will be resuming garden waste collection in the coming weeks.
Maybe we are turning a very very small corner.

therower, I know we're in the same county, if not borough or parish, but the chatter on our Nextdoor pages is the resumption is as much to do with trying to limit fly tipping as anything else. Thankfully, we have personally not been impacted by it, but there have been images of blocked lanes between villages.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, I saw the garden waste collection news, Charnwood, so maybe there’ll be Council compost available earlier than most next year.
I spent most of yesterday alternatively battling weeds (will this task of recovering the knee-necessitated neglected garden never end?), sitting by the pond, saying hello to this year’s seedlings and reading on the sofa. Lovely next door neighbour delivered the weekly shop so stuff for the fridge was well washed, and there are treats in the outhouse to look forward to unpacking in four days’ time. Yippee.
Older daughter, who’s teaching key workers as well as online teaching and marking of non-key workers’ children is looking tired.
My eye’s recovering. Thank you for the commiseration @SueJB, and sorry about the lack of courgette seeds. Hope your order arrives before too long and you have delicious produce ahead. Maybe a marrow or two later as well?
Bloods still refusing to settle at +.5 or -.5 but happy to say b***** it at the moment and just go with the correction flow. I think I prefer waking with a 3.7 to waking with a 11.7 after a high night. Nothing’s perfect, and that definitely includes me.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1587811228596.jpg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I haven’t been around much, busy as usual. I got into trouble at work and I had to sign something for something I didn’t say. But that’s a story for another time. Diabetes is okay, despite working, I’m finding I need more insulin for carbs now. But hey whatever works :)
Hayfever is back and this time round, I feel more irritated compared to last year. I’m having awful headaches, cheery cough and a sore throat. I hope everyone is well, happy and healthy.

Reactions: Japes and SueJB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I haven’t been around much, busy as usual. I got into trouble at work and I had to sign something for something I didn’t say. But that’s a story for another time. Diabetes is okay, despite working, I’m finding I need more insulin for carbs now. But hey whatever works :)
Hayfever is back and this time round, I feel more irritated compared to last year. I’m having awful headaches, cheery cough and a sore throat. I hope everyone is well, happy and healthy.

Hi Mei,

Whatever you didn't say, keep t that way..
Don't allow for misquoting & showboating & stand yer ground. As a key worker, a round of applause..

Your symptoms. Are you running a temprature?
There was a some advice the other night involving misdiagnosing hayfever with you know what...

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski I don't know your situation so I can't say what you should or should not have done. But you have to be really careful about signing things that aren't true. Once you sign something agreeing to it, it becomes fact and can be held against you later. It becomes what really happened because you agreed and signed it.

I'm not saying to do anything about what you already signed, that could be just as bad now. But keep it as knowledge for anything in the future.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Excellently lazy Saturday yesterday, then up with the sunrise this morning for a long Sunday morning walk before the world really woke up coming back to consider the coming week's "Let's try and stay in some kind of work routine" chores.

There may be a brisk stroll to the local allsorts hardware store tomorrow. The local magpies seem to like my fence but some bits of my fence don't like them using it as a springboard to fly off to the next fence. I can do enough of a fix for now as a new fence is on the agenda when the council finally get around to demolishing the disused garages (the back wall of the garages makes the end of the garden boundary for the six house at my end of the road) and replacing that wall with a fence.

Bloods all good and seemed to have cracked the current lifestyle. For now.

Reactions: kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just come into the house for a glass of water, gardening and it's hot out there now!

Managed to get a click & collect slot at Tesco for Tuesday, and as I understand they'll load straight into the boot (which I can open and close without getting out) I'm risking it. A chance to get some things I'd like but which aren't essential, along with essentials, plus using up spare room in my order for anyone else local. It also takes a bit of pressure of the wonderful people around me who are shopping for others. There seem to be more being helped than helping here, though no-one's complaining. In fact, they're all remarkably cheerful!

Hope you're all cheerful, with steady bgs and staying safe.

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mei,

Whatever you didn't say, keep t that way..
Don't allow for misquoting & showboating & stand yer ground. As a key worker, a round of applause..

Your symptoms. Are you running a temprature?
There was a some advice the other night involving misdiagnosing hayfever with you know what...

I’ve kept it that way because work politics No, 36.7°, but my mum isn’t convinced it is hay fever but apparently you don’t need a fever to be diagnosed with you know what

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My BG has been difficult to manage, so I don’t know if I have something going on. I’ve come out of auto mode and did a temp basal

Unless someone tells me hay fever has an effect on BG management.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Up at 4:45am with a 3.8. Ate breakfast, had a cup of tea and caught up on some recordings. Now sitting on a 7. Another week begins in lockdown difference is it’s raining outside.

Reactions: kev-w and SueJB