Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. Had a lovely back garden tea with older daughter and her bf yesterday, who seem very well, and closer than they were before lockdown: very happy-making. And, they liked and ate the overbaked cakes! Brian cat and daughter’s dog were very civilised too, no inter species scrapping, friendly in fact. Maybe they could begin their own advisory service. Their visit brought home how starved of close connection with children, family, friends and other chat we’ve become, face to even very socially distanced face just isn’t matched by any zoom or WhatsApp. I so miss seeing daughters and their families, and it was soooooo lovely to see older daughter yesterday. So hard to resist moving in for hugs though!
I indulged in the pastime of socially distanced bone throwing yesterday afternoon, you don’t often see this sport. Could over the fence lockdown supply sharing be a new Olympic event? (I was chucking some bones from the night before’s supper over the fence to a neighbour for their dog; daughter’s dog has apparently had over-enthusiastic, wolf descendant, problems with bone chewing.)

Reactions: hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Are any of you visiting non-essential shops today?
I’m not, but then I’m older than just about everyone else here, and I’m not sure if I would if I were younger. However, it’d be lovely to indulge in a bit of browsing, with friends, and the tea and chat that used to follow it. I always used to come home with something unintended, but living like this for the past weeks has made me wonder what non-essentials I might actually want. If any.

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all.

I did the essentials food shop this morning and that is it until I phone the lovely independent shop where my walking boots come from to see if they have any in stock, along with a replacement hot weather hat and maybe a replacement travel mug.! Other than that, I could do with some more T-shirts but that's normal for this time of year... for anything else, I can wait. The carnage in the supermarket is enough excitement for me for one week.

Diabetes behaving itself so much better now my activity levels are more usual. But, I now have a much better grasp of my insulin needs if I am inactive...

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon, the pc broke so needed mending:banghead: too much dust on board, steady away with the bloods and hard at it with the refurb, I need to cycle but at present are too busy needing to get the bathroom done.

It's all go :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Now it's been a pretty on & off sunny then overcast day in these ere parts.

I just finished cutting the hedge, came into the kitchen & got litterally blinded by the farm house 3 miles away..

I took a series of pics on my phone one big main light with a little one appearing to the left & moving about..?

I've seen this in the late evening too.
But thought it was work lights on a tractor?

I've done nothing to this other than blow it up..

Who on earth would have flood lighting like this...

2020-06-15 16.36.26.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can it be aliens have landed in your neighbour's yard?

I got no idea @Antje77 , all I know the light was so intense on the opposite hill.
i thought I'd use my phone camera to find out what was happening..
It seemed to be emulating from the roof of a farm building.

Maybe they are experimenting with a weapon against COVID? :nailbiting:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
i thought I'd use my phone camera to find out what was happening..
It seemed to be emulating from the roof of a farm building.
If it happens again, can you please go over to have a closer look? Now I want to know as well!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe they are having an issue with wildlife? And they want to light up an area so they can see it well?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It wouldn't hold up for anything in the dark, but could this be a bounce off of a solar panel at all?

Now this is actually what I was thinking..

In the dark there has been a smaller intense light moving side to side? OK, tractor with a work lamp on.
But oddly, there was this blinding light off the roof whilst overcast, & that moving smaller intense light roughly where I saw it in the evening two or 3 weeks back?
The light is brilliant white, not the usual reflective sun. Which normally sets behind the hill the farm is on?
I have to admit as if attempted to change the settings on the camera. (I'm no photographer.)
It looked a little like the light was shining through a "velux" roof window. But there was the other smaller light, unaccounted for caught in the pic. Lol, less intense than what I felt was burning my wife & i's retinas..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe they are having an issue with wildlife? And they want to light up an area so they can see it well?

At 4.30 in the afternoon.? :cool:

I can imagine something like that happening at dusk to the sound of semi-automatic gunfire.. ;)

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
But when we put in lights in the backyard, you have them turned on and off for positioning etc. At our old house we used to have lights that shined into the trees in our yard (We had over 60 trees) because we would get critters, mostly just skunks which I mostly wanted to be able to see, but we also had a few foxes and a bobcat next door. And Coyotes were all over the place. So we had lights that we put up to shine into the trees if needed.

Once your dogs are sprayed by a skunk and then run into the house and shake....................you do not want it to happen again!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. Not much to say, yet. Life goes on. Bloods not too bad. Very lovely big white clouds I the sky. Lilies out in the pond and veg growing bigger. Ordinary (?) pre-COVID life becoming more and more of a distant memory.
Could your farmer neighbour be signalling to one of the alien civilisations the press have told us exist in this galaxy we share @Jaylee? Longing to find out what the light is.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could your farmer neighbour be signalling to one of the alien civilisations the press have told us exist in this galaxy we share @Jaylee? Longing to find out what the light is.

Hi,

Lol, I don't feel it's anything to do with "encounters of the third kind." (Which is normally accompanied with some loud keyboard playing?)

The property is set in wide acreage With farm unit out buildings & wot not. The smaller moving lights I've previously seen could just be floods on a forklift?
But it was odd, the sun was obscured by cloud from the period I noticed the light until it disappeared.

Neither my wife or I could view it with a naked eye. I just blocked it with my phone & took a few snaps..

The place is a working farm that is also open to visitors? (Educating kids & such.)

Mind you, whether these visitors actually leave is another point entirely.... o_O:nailbiting:;)