Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone. I missed out yesterday, so belated happy birthday Stars to Star Robin. A brilliant idea, is it the most used thread?
And talk about the watlaa, missed that too. I don’t use xdrip, just watlaa and LibreLink and find the watlaa vibration will wake me in the night. However, the graphs I get now don’t seem as informative as the Libre Reader or Tomato, but that may just be me adjusting to different formats and presentations. I have the phone in the bedroom, but watlaa’s bright enough to see the time, bloods, arrow and graph on the watchface.
Tomato sometimes crashed, which wasn’t helpful. Watlaa’s not perfect, it’s a bit touch happy, but it’s great to have a standalone on my wrist, though I might not be as happy with it if I hadn’t downloaded LibreLink at the start of the lockdown-lite.
I spent a lot of yesterday doing distance part-time job stuff and communicating with people, calendar in hand, working out safe intervals for things to be carried out. Younger daughter helps to make things work from a distance. Poor lass has cut her fingers while glass fusing, on knuckles, her right hand, so her happy making stuff when not working is at a pause. She was testing out ideas before making a present for us to give the lovely neighbour who’s shopped for us. Feeling a bit guilty.
Have a really good day everyone, even if it’s a bit of a soggy one.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all.......struggled yesterday keeping my BG above 4, then around 9 last night my BGs started rising and stayed around 13 all night and that was with a 150% basal increase as well......thanks T1D :):)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

Officially on the "Will be called in only if absolutely needed" list for the next 4 weeks... Which is kind of frustrating as I would rather be at work or not. It also means I need to be ready to go out any day at short notice. But, we do actually need a long list in case those who are going to be fully on the rota go off ill and we have a lot of staff who fall into the fit, young, healthy categories who didn't need massive risk assessments. I was also told they'd rather I was healthy for a full return when we get that go ahead!

So, eyeing up the next round of "keep Japes out of mischief whilst at home apart from shopping and exercise walks" projects.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon, the sun has come out now which is nice, but I am still in my pj's lol.
I have been clearing out a cupboard and the paperwork was vast, found lots of bits and pieces, a couple of photo's which brought back some memories and a tear too, it's done now and all is good.
Awoke on a 4.7 and before lunch, 4.1, so I hope before dinner it will be a good number too, daughter and I are having fish tonight.
Take care and stay safe :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I'd found the perfect solution for double checking if I had taken my basal yet or not. I simply put enough needles in the little box my basal pen is in to keep me until Sunday. New week, new needles, easy.

Worked fine too, I have counted the days by counting needles every evening when taking my basal, smugly thinking how smart I am for finding this solution.
Until just now that is. I came up a needle short.

I'm very sure I hadn't already injected tonight, and I've been running on the high side today and last night, so not likely I took double yesterday. So where did that needle go?
For now, I'm going to assume a needle escaped from the box last night and is now somewhere in my bed, between the mattress and the wall, or wherever the cats took it when playing with it.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought I'd found the perfect solution for double checking if I had taken my basal yet or not. I simply put enough needles in the little box my basal pen is in to keep me until Sunday. New week, new needles, easy.

Worked fine too, I have counted the days by counting needles every evening when taking my basal, smugly thinking how smart I am for finding this solution.
Until just now that is. I came up a needle short.

I'm very sure I hadn't already injected tonight, and I've been running on the high side today and last night, so not likely I took double yesterday. So where did that needle go?
For now, I'm going to assume a needle escaped from the box last night and is now somewhere in my bed, between the mattress and the wall, or wherever the cats took it when playing with it.
Hi all, hi Antje. Every morning I put all the needles I need for the day in the case for my bolus pen. I'll use one for bolus straight away and I get out my basal pen and put a needle beside it till I take it an hour or two later. So what's left in the case are the needles for my remaining basal and bolus for the day. I didn't used to change needles every time; I started to do this when injections started to hurt more and I got worse at remembering what I'd taken. Phone reminders are okay but I'm quite capable of turning the alarm off if I'm in the middle of something and without the needles I don't always remember if I've injected, especially basal. Good luck with whatever system you find works for you!

Have a good day all, expecting thunderstorms here in Somerset later today. I can almost hear our parched ground sucking up this rain, we need it badly.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, hi Antje. Every morning I put all the needles I need for the day in the case for my bolus pen.
This was my thinking for my basal, except to do it weekly, counting to 7 can't be too hard (or so I thought).
It wouldn't make sense for my bolus, even though I always take a new needle. I inject my Fiasp anywhere between 3 and 12 times a day so I simply stuff the box with the pen with a big handful of needles. I love my Novopen 5, which has a display where you can see your latest dose and when you injected last.

I think @Marie 2 's idea is the best, although I'll need a bigger container to keep my pen and the pillbox in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've really appreciated the dose display on the Novopen Echo. I've not had a missing basal dose since having that - or I've caught on quickly if I have as I take slightly more overnight than in the day, so know whether I've taken a morning or evening dose.

Anyway, afternoon all. The burgeoning chaos as to what can/should be happening where and when is reaching new peaks in all my worlds so I'm kind of hiding in an e-mail/internet free corner much of the time. I will emerge as and when I'm told - if I think it's safe! The realities of both my working worlds don't match what Our Illustrious (heavy levels of sarcasm) National Leaders seem to think should be possible. On the whole, though, there's reasonable sense at local levels even from a couple of quarters where I hadn't expected it.

I have cleaned the area around the boiler and left it all ready for Monday morning when the first human being other than me to enter my house for well over 3 months comes to service it and check it. Mind you, I am not certain the delightful engineer, who will be doing his 11th visit to me, has been since the gas meter got moved out of a kitchen cupboard into a designated box by the back door. But, it does mean I won't have to move the sharps box out of its cupboard as I used to have to when it was also the meter cupboard.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy Friday afternoon everyone. Not bad numbers for me today, so crossing my fingers X
Have a good weekend and a safe one too :)

Reactions: karen8967 and kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 do your needs not vary from day today. Some days I do 4 injections. Yesterday 8 as I kept rising.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What version ox Xdrip+ are you using? It has to be the build after Feb 7th for Watlaa to work with it. Also make sure your Watch is on version 0.5.1. You need to reset your MM and make sure your bluetooth is turned off on your phone.....then connect Watlaa to the MM and then turn your bluetooth back on your phone and on Xdrip do a bluetooth search and you should see Watlaa One on your scan results....press on the Watlaa and Bobs your Uncle :)

Hi Por69
I cannot work out how to see the version of xDrip+ I have. I have it set on automatic renewal though, and have pressed Check for updated version. I only managed to set up xDrip+ over a year ago by following instructions that an excellent chap called Scott-C gave as an answer to someone else’s question. However, Nightscout upload keeps failing ever since. So I must have done something incorrectly.
I’ve followed your advice for Watlaa, and xDrip appears to connect to Watlaa because in System Status/BT Device/Bluetooth Collector Status/Device Mac Address shows numbers for Watlaa. Watlaa version is 0.5.1. However, xDrip Screen still says Signal Missed… and no glucose readings appear on my phone.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everyone. I missed out yesterday, so belated happy birthday Stars to Star Robin. A brilliant idea, is it the most used thread?
And talk about the watlaa, missed that too. I don’t use xdrip, just watlaa and LibreLink and find the watlaa vibration will wake me in the night. However, the graphs I get now don’t seem as informative as the Libre Reader or Tomato, but that may just be me adjusting to different formats and presentations. I have the phone in the bedroom, but watlaa’s bright enough to see the time, bloods, arrow and graph on the watchface.
Tomato sometimes crashed, which wasn’t helpful. Watlaa’s not perfect, it’s a bit touch happy, but it’s great to have a standalone on my wrist, though I might not be as happy with it if I hadn’t downloaded LibreLink at the start of the lockdown-lite.
I spent a lot of yesterday doing distance part-time job stuff and communicating with people, calendar in hand, working out safe intervals for things to be carried out. Younger daughter helps to make things work from a distance. Poor lass has cut her fingers while glass fusing, on knuckles, her right hand, so her happy making stuff when not working is at a pause. She was testing out ideas before making a present for us to give the lovely neighbour who’s shopped for us. Feeling a bit guilty.
Have a really good day everyone, even if it’s a bit of a soggy one.

Thank you for mentioning the Watlaa alarms. I shall play with the alarms this evening if I can settle my (seriously disabled) husband in bed early enough. Thus far I get either vibrations in Watlaa watch or sound on my phone.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can whoever turned my bolus insulin into water change it back please?
In the first 5 days of the last week I've taken a for me pretty low amount of Fiasp, between 16 and 25 units. I have been eating comparable meals all week and have had to add the occasional sweets to avoid or treat hypo's during those first 5 days.
Now yesterday I suddenly needed 47 units (over many extra injections) and today it has gone up to 53 units, over 3 times as much as some days earlier in the week.
Diabetes is a ridiculous condition!