What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful picture and garden. Miss Daisy must be be pleased as punch with your skills.

That's a lot of work but it does look lovely. Mind you, as soon as you've done a full 'sweep' of the borders and hedges it's time to start again. Looking after her needs means I'm busier now I'm retired than when I was working :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will greasing themselves up ready for the forecasted onslaught of ultraviolet rays issuing from the great fusion reactor in our local neighbourhood.

Ahh the wages of a large chunk of cheese just before retiring to bed are an 8.0 on the meter of mystery this morning.

Incase fellow posters you had forgotten today is national bin day and to celebrate today's covid briefing will be cancelled, but fear not reliable facts can be found in today's Beano available at all good gym's, nightclubs and public swimming pools.
Have a great day and try to make somebody smile, well maybe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My friend, who got me started on this week long free course, emailed me in the night to say she’s not doing the last project. It doesn't interest me, she said.

I said the same on here last night on this thread.

So I thought (because of her email) this morning, right I will try this last exercise.

I masked off 4 x 8 inch squares on paper with masking tape, because I was not going to waste one of my canvasses.

I have done two today, and I will do the other two tomorrow and then that is most definitely it.

These two pictures I have done this early morning is one early morning day of my life I will not get back, and I expect the two tomorrow to be the same. I tried to approach this with a good attitude, but I do not have a good attitude about this now.

The below is what the lady asked us in the joy of painting course to do. These are her exact instructions.

"Freedom through limitation.
Make at least 4 pieces, abstract or representational.
The goal is to show you how much you can do within limitations and how many ideas it can actually help to generate.

Choose three paint colours plus B&W, some scraps of paper for collage, a pencil, an ink pen or ballpoint pen, a piece of charcoal or pastel, and an oil pastel or crayon.

Follow this order as you work:
*You can make two brush marks (any size and shape)
*Make two marks with another tool
*Draw two lines in pencil
*Draw two lines or shapes in ink
*Make one charcoal mark
*Stick on two collage items
*Add two brush marks
*Finish with one mark with oil pastel or crayon"

She said you would find your way with this.

I lost my way with this exercise. If you want the bad paintings, she asked for the other day, here are my bad paintings.

This most certainly was not freedom through limitation for me.

This to me is a weird kind of limitations. There are too many colours to start with. That is not a limitation of palette. I was unable to get into this with all the different brush/tool marks she asked us to do on the one painting. It felt stilted as I went through the list. I couldn't free any creativity.

I do set myself my own limitations when I paint and I find this a good way of painting/creating. I am creative with paint, tools to use (eg twigs, pegs, lollipop sticks, my old chisels, other workmen’s tools in my tool box, and more. I use coffee to paint with, tea, red onion skins, and so on...).

Okay, rant over....

First one...
574CC50B-CE64-447E-BCED-E621E39B946D.jpeg

Second one...
FD6FB048-EFEE-455B-A91E-6C46D998C407.jpeg

Now I need a G&T after those disasters...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
That's a lot of work but it does look lovely. Mind you, as soon as you've done a full 'sweep' of the borders and hedges it's time to start again. Looking after her needs means I'm busier now I'm retired than when I was working :)
Good Morening Alien, I've stolen a few minutes from my busy schedule, like you as a retiree the jobs just seem to increase, but looking at your pictures the time spent in your garden is well spent. Very very nice.
For once I will refrain from mentioning recipes for foxes, other mints available, but all bad for our teeth.
Have a great day.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Alien, I've stolen a few minutes from my busy schedule, like you as a retiree the jobs just seem to increase, but looking at your pictures the time spent in your garden is well spent. Very very nice.
For once I will refrain from mentioning recipes for foxes, other mints available, but all bad for our teeth.
Have a great day.

Cheers @alf_Josiah They are large garden areas and at the back is open land so wildlife is pretty regular. Her ladyship is having the smaller garden astroturfed for a play area for the grandkids. Chap came 20 mins ago to measure up and asked how I keep the grass so green. Told him it was gallons of spray paint ;)

I think Milly would be a bit stringy, to be honest, I do have some fat pigeons that think they're safe :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers @alf_Josiah They are large garden areas and at the back is open land so wildlife is pretty regular. Her ladyship is having the smaller garden astroturfed for a play area for the grandkids. Chap came 20 mins ago to measure up and asked how I keep the grass so green. Told him it was gallons of spray paint ;)

I think Milly would be a bit stringy, to be honest, I do have some fat pigeons that think they're safe :)
BTW, why Milly? https://www.milly.com/ what haven't you disclosed?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well...
CONGRATULATIONS ALL

Level 1 COMPLETE.
4794548~01.jpg

But remember folks , it hasn't gone away, it's just hiding.

Day is a great one so far.
Fbg 6.1
Temp 36.4

Yesterday walked Mile & half, then cycled to meet Lauren, then cycled back 6 and a bit miles, all in.

She quite liked it, so plan to do again.

But today, I'm aching in so many places..:wideyed::sorry:

And it just came to me this morning, before I got the gel out, what my hair reminds me...

beetlejuice.quotes~01.jpg

A few pics..
Two star crossed bikes.
Old meets new transport modes.
And my view from dashcam of trip to madams work

IMG_20200623_152746~01.jpg

IMG_20200623_152759~01.jpg

Screenshot_2020-06-24-11-22-06-300_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Have a good day all.

@Alien Aspie ..another LIKE for the garden.
Hoping you've made a fully recovery now ?

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Almost afternoon...up early after not much sleep last night working today...just waiting for another interview no doubt followed by dozens of phone calls but relieved I can work from hone...some brilliant art work here this morning @gennepher @geefull @Muddy Cyclist who needs the Tate or the Royal Academy...waiting for a call then no doubt will spend ages trying to set up the app for the interview on the last three occasions we've failed miserably...my mobile reception is on & off last night we lost the digital transmitter hey ho...woke to an okay 6.3...keep safe everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't even go shopping for my Saturday night specials without you lot noticing :)

@jjraak I'm good thanks, glad to be able to go out walking again ;)
As the thread legend whatever you do is fine by us. We are all free to self-identify as we please: full time, part time or no time.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Middle Class London,
Silicon Fen and The Brecks really don't need anymore sandwich bars, coffee shops or porridge emporia . We already do just fine for smashed avocado on ancient grain sourdough, designer gin, craft ale and countless other non essential staples. We even have Waitrose. There is a long established tradition of village idiocy (with an extensive waiting list) so you will be surplus to requirements. Granted some of the ladies could do with smarter beards but you can't have everything. If you really want adventure try the area around Wisbech in Cambrigeshire. The police self isolated well away from there years ago.
Love from
S Simon
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...le-class-londoners-in-search-of-the-good-life

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear Middle Class London,
Silicon Fen and The Brecks really don't need anymore sandwich bars, coffee shops or porridge emporia . We already do just fine for smashed avocado on ancient grain sourdough, designer gin, craft ale and countless other non essential staples. We even have Waitrose. There is a long established tradition of village idiocy (with an extensive waiting list) so you will be surplus to requirements. Granted some of the ladies could do with smarter beards but you can't have everything. If you really want adventure try the area around Wisbech in Cambrigeshire. The police self isolated well away from there years ago.
Love from
S Simon
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...le-class-londoners-in-search-of-the-good-life
Thank goodness that they are not migrating further north, we may have to import more sun and those fashion shops that sell last year’s runway rejects but only in sizes to fit folk from the shire or very thin gobins,

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 this morning

a lovely day here after a grey and damp start :joyful: out early to do the shopping which went quite well, we even managed to find some bread flour today for the first time in at least a month :)

Sorted out the shopping and then took it over to mum's and then we went out for a walk when we got back home so all in all a fairly productive day (even remembered to put the bin out ;)).

I'm very envious of that foxy garden @Alien Aspie , ours is in need of serious amendment :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - an impressive finished work, lived well up to it's promise, I love your use of colour :joyful:

@gennepher - don't know if I would have fancied trying that exercise either :sorry: kudos for having a good bash at it :) (mr gee says G&T's are always in order ;) )

art work catch up -
I've done a bit more at yesterday's dismal effort and may post it eventually when I've scanned the next batch

however for the catch up here are a couple more small letterbox format sky practices - each approx A5 divided lengthways.
no 1
upload_2020-6-24_19-45-45.jpeg

no 2
upload_2020-6-24_19-46-23.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 this morning

a lovely day here after a grey and damp start :joyful: out early to do the shopping which went quite well, we even managed to find some bread flour today for the first time in at least a month :)

Sorted out the shopping and then took it over to mum's and then we went out for a walk when we got back home so all in all a fairly productive day (even remembered to put the bin out ;)).

I'm very envious of that foxy garden @Alien Aspie , ours is in need of serious amendment :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - an impressive finished work, lived well up to it's promise, I love your use of colour :joyful:

@gennepher - don't know if I would have fancied trying that exercise either :sorry: kudos for having a good bash at it :) (mr gee says G&T's are always in order ;) )

art work catch up -
I've done a bit more at yesterday's dismal effort and may post it eventually when I've scanned the next batch

however for the catch up here are a couple more small letterbox format sky practices - each approx A5 divided lengthways.
no 1
View attachment 42302
no 2
View attachment 42303

Thank you @geefull

I love both your letterbox size paintings. I think these are becoming your signature style.
I like the sky and sea and land you have done on both.