What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Later than a late thing in Late Town today in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of home made burgers on home made bread came in at 5.2 this am

Granddaughter number 5 has been here all day, mostly sat in the garden - now having her afternoon nap. She will be heading home at about 1630 and back again tomorrow for extra fun.
Chaos and Mayhem (aged 3) went to meet their new nursery teacher today and look around the class room - they start in September. Teacher very confused with identically dressed identical twins, each swapping names using some form of demented algorithm.

Bread making on the go so only time for a few scraps of time on the Zen app.
Hope your day is going well. Afternoon koffy time.

View attachment 42698
Some nice flowing lines and dry brush work, zen master.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs MC went to meet daughter for walk with granddaughter, I'm feeling nicely melochonic and low in spirit and sadly enjoying the feeling so stayed at home and listened to some John Dowland, Monteverdi, Purcell, Busati, inspiring Madrigals nicely arranged for saxophone, bass clarinet, violin and double bass, a bit depressing but matched my mood. Here be my daily watercolour. A4 about 2 hours as I had to wait for the masking fluid to dry before I could lay in the sky. A stand of Silver Birch Trees just before dropping into Sherbrook Valley on Cannock Chase. I have Passed these a few times on evening Mountain Bike Rides.
IMG_3502.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs MC went to meet daughter for walk with granddaughter, I'm feeling nicely melochonic and low in spirit and sadly enjoying the feeling so stayed at home and listened to some John Dowland, Monteverdi, Purcell, Busati, inspiring Madrigals nicely arranged for saxophone, bass clarinet, violin and double bass, a bit depressing but matched my mood. Here be my daily watercolour. A4 about 2 hours as I had to wait for the masking fluid to dry before I could lay in the sky. A stand of Silver Birch Trees just before dropping into Sherbrook Valley on Cannock Chase. I have Passed these a few times on evening Mountain Bike Rides.
View attachment 42699
Hug is for the melancholy not the splendid art. Am I right in thinking Churchill suffered from The Black Dog? Oh, yes

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"......Morning all.

a pleasant morning so far.
well it was....

Dropped her Maj off to work, nice little run out.

Back for FBG of 6.1, temp check 35.8

Back out on Pablo..( preferred travel for town.. parking IS such a doddle ..;):D )
LIDL...few shoppers in it, a nice refreshing walk around.
Got what i needed, so i won't need to go there too soon, but it was all quite proper.

Bad moment, got home putting foods away
put driving glasses up on shelf, with that little doubt then might fall off, ...but inner me, said "worry wart, you'll be fine, silly "

sure :rolleyes:

so glasses as you've probably guessed fell, as i turned to step away.

i missed my catch, glasses fumbled out of my hands and heading for floor, so i step forward to catch.....as ya do

and they hit a bucket edge, so got redirected, right under my moving foot as i stepped towards where i thought they WOULD land.....:wideyed:

'Crunch'.....:woot:

frame metal, but screws snapped on the arm, and glass fell out. :arghh:

glass all good, just need to unscrew snapped screw, find a replacement and see it it will screw into the frame rim as before.

so yeah..Meh.

Have a good day all.

....Survivor Eleventy Million & 66 out...:happy:
I hope they are easy to repair @jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Granddaughter number 5 has been here all day, mostly sat in the garden - now having her afternoon nap. She will be heading home at about 1630 and back again tomorrow for extra fun.
Chaos and Mayhem (aged 3) went to meet their new nursery teacher today and look around the class room - they start in September. Teacher very confused with identically dressed identical twins, each swapping names using some form of demented algorithm.

View attachment 42698
A beautiful bird @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 42699
This painting is really evocative and beautiful @Muddy Cyclist

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cannot do a painting in ZenBrush2 app today.

I woke up, after my nap feeling sad and feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. This morning must have been more stressful than I thought. I am drinking some gunpowder tea at the moment to calm my stomach.

So, I went into Finger Pro app on the iPhone. There is no eraser on this app. Once you put your finger on the screen that is it, the mark stays. I didn’t plan this, my finger was swirling on the screen, and this picture evolved.

37A99F26-CB4A-4F97-A6C8-84AA3E614804.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I woke up, after my nap feeling sad and feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. This morning must have been more stressful than I thought. I am drinking some gunpowder tea at the moment to calm my stomach.

So, I went into Finger Pro app on the iPhone. There is no eraser on this app. Once you put your finger on the screen that is it, the mark stays. I didn’t plan this, my finger was swirling on the screen, and this picture evolved.

View attachment 42701
A creation from your days experiences and emotional state, hope you feel more you soon.

Thank you for your art appreciation of my tree.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 42699
A hug for the melancholia. Interesting playlist. When black dog visits I turn to Henryk Górecki: Symphony No.3 (‘Symphony of Sorrowful Songs’).
Excellent work on the birch trees. The colour pallet is spot on.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 42701
This is most wonderful, dragged out of your experience and no eraser.
Reminds me somewhat of a story that my Mother used to tell her students:
A prospective client calls to a Chinese artist and says, “I want you to paint me a picture with five birds”.
The artist says, “OK, come back in one years time and it will be ready”.

After a year the client goes back and the artist presents the painting containing five birds.
“But why did I have to wait a year for my paining”, says the client.

The artist opens a cupboard and out falls hundreds of sheets of rice paper containing unfinished paintings of five birds.
“These are the ones that did not work exactly as I wanted”, replied the artist.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is most wonderful, dragged out of your experience and no eraser.
Reminds me somewhat of a story that my Mother used to tell her students:
A prospective client calls to a Chinese artist and says, “I want you to paint me a picture with five birds”.
The artist says, “OK, come back in one years time and it will be ready”.

After a year the client goes back and the artist presents the painting containing five birds.
“But why did I have to wait a year for my paining”, says the client.

The artist opens a cupboard and out falls hundreds of sheets of rice paper containing unfinished paintings of five birds.
“These are the ones that did not work exactly as I wanted”, replied the artist.

Thank you @dunelm

A beautiful story :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A hug for the melancholia. Interesting playlist. When black dog visits I turn to Henryk Górecki: Symphony No.3 (‘Symphony of Sorrowful Songs’).
Excellent work on the birch trees. The colour pallet is spot on.
Thank you. Your Black Dog turn to is not one I am familiar with, must do some research.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

Your birch trees are absolutely amazing and stunning.

I love birch trees.
Thank you. Tonight we had to visit Shropshire and the sky was salmon pink at the horizon, heavy cloud with a wonderful light lemon glowing light above them so probably will be my next watercolour.

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 42698
I like your surreal swallow, Dunelm.
I guess there is enough of a jizz there to ID it.
Atb
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.3

Temp 35.9

Why 5.3 for fbg?
Because I didn't eat anything at all yesterday.

I never eat before I go to the shops. And because of that upset yesterday with the laughing man at my mask, my system was too upset to eat the rest of the day.

I went to sleep when I got back to try and recover. But sleep didn't make me better like it used to do.
I hadn't known how to react to him for a split second, then I did what I thought was unexpected and laughed with him. The unexpected often can get you out of trouble I find.

I slept on and off during the evening. But I didn't feel any better, my system still felt disturbed. I can usually get over quicker than this with sleep.

I woke up at 2:00 a.m. My system still felt troubled. So I made a cup of tea, had a few sips, And went back to sleep again.

I woke up again at 5:00 to a beautiful day outside and it looks like we might get blue skies and sun all day today. So that should help quite a bit.

But, what I am trying to say is that it is getting harder and harder to wake up refreshed after sleep, even after a short power nap, and feel ready to take on anything.

I have to work on it now to get to that place of hope and excitement for the day.

Just me rambling here, take no notice of me...