What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished yesterday's watercolour as I was up at 5 am just put finishing touch before off to MILs.. So watercolour A4 and a tree I pass under along the Mill Race stream on the traffic tree route onto Cannock Chase, this was done after seeing it on a Last of light ride with SIL a few days back, nice time of day to ride like early morning there is a peace over the land.
View attachment 42677
If I get time today I will do another evening light tree painting of some Silver Birch Trees that caught the last light of day.
This is stunningly beautiful @Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to Norwich to the hairdressers. Felt really safe there as they had taken excellent safety measures.

Did not feel safe walking to the hairdressers. No one was social distancing. Around our village and little market town nearly everyone is keeping 2m apart and I feel really safe. Definitely feel safer here.

Brilliant blood sugars again today - no wild swings and statistically in the 4s and,5s.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished yesterday's watercolour as I was up at 5 am just put finishing touch before off to MILs.. So watercolour A4 and a tree I pass under along the Mill Race stream on the traffic tree route onto Cannock Chase, this was done after seeing it on a Last of light ride with SIL a few days back, nice time of day to ride like early morning there is a peace over the land.
View attachment 42677
If I get time today I will do another evening light tree painting of some Silver Birch Trees that caught the last light of day.

WHOA...that's impressive..liked.

and on the carb front, same as many i guess @Muddy Cyclist .

pasta etc for power and energy, pre T2D
and i ain't no olympic rower..(Cheers for the link @ianpspurs )

Have to wonder if it's just "the best science is new science" , even if it's found to be wrong ?

Sure someone at a health or authority level spots such trends as illnesses and health conditions over time.
MUST have spotted the trend and backtracked to find the possible cause.

yet they left it until it became a modern plague upon the western world, hoping no one else would put 2 + 2 together.

I'm not on the skinny side, 213 lbs, so while i'd not say fat, :bag: but fatter.;)
the BMI says OMG.. REALLY BIG..!! :wideyed:

the old photos of people early 1900's to the 1970's, don't seem to have been struggling with weight quite as much as we do nowadays .

have a pic of my sisters wedding mid 70's NO one fat in it.

So a lot to be said for the grans and granddads being too old to change their ways,
old dogs, new tricks, etc

If you haven't seen it i'd recommend the excellent
wisdom of crowds..says pretty much the same thing.
The vision of the anointed.
rings a LOUD bell for me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Predictive text is so annoying. In my last post I said that my blood sugars stayed in the 4s and 5s. Predictive text changed stayed to statistically - which makes no sense.

Even more annoying is that I cannot start Outlook on my PC. First thing tomorrow I will ring the company that looks after my computer and hopefully they can sort it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Restarted computer for the 6th time. Outlook wouldn't start. Tried to start it in safe mode. Wouldn't start. Tried again and it would. At least it is working tonight. Will get it properly sorted tomorrow.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Muddy,
Excellent.
Definately an Ent, if I ever saw one!

Are you sure it doesn't move around when your not looking?
D.

View attachment 42677

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.3 this morning

shopping day again (seems to come round quickly ;)), everyone masked and distancing :)

Over to mum's with her shopping this afternoon and spent time picking gooseberries (only got badly jabbed three times :hilarious: ) and blackcurrants, I've had to leave the blackcurrants spread out on a tray to dry because it started to rain whilst we were picking them. I feel a LC-ish gooseberry fool beckoning :D

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - stylish chrysanthemum you've created there and I like the background paper, that app has some interesting capabilities :)

@dunelm - once again a pleasing foliage arrangement, I like the little flowers, very delicate :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I love the finished painting, you've really embedded the tree in it's setting now you've added the foreground detail.

arty bit -
working on my foreground
upload_2020-7-15_19-37-10.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.3 this morning

shopping day again (seems to come round quickly ;)), everyone masked and distancing :)

Over to mum's with her shopping this afternoon and spent time picking gooseberries (only got badly jabbed three times :hilarious: ) and blackcurrants, I've had to leave the blackcurrants spread out on a tray to dry because it started to rain whilst we were picking them. I feel a LC-ish gooseberry fool beckoning :D

@gennepher - stylish chrysanthemum you've created there and I like the background paper, that app has some interesting capabilities :)

@dunelm - once again a pleasing foliage arrangement, I like the little flowers, very delicate :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I love the finished painting, you've really embedded the tree in it's setting now you've added the foreground detail.

arty bit -
working on my foreground
View attachment 42686

Thanks for the compliment @geefull

I love your painting with your new foreground detail!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.3 this morning

arty bit -
working on my foreground
View attachment 42686
Thank you for the nice words and appreciation of my tree.

This summer painting of yours is excellent, you have added so much depth with that close foreground detail, I can feel the warmth and smell the grasses, brilliant.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.surprised as we ate late and after the evening meal which was higher carbs as Puff Pastry was involved, don't ask, it was 7.3.

Blank page in my diary so the day must belong to me.

Make the most of and have the best day that you are able. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did not feel safe walking to the hairdressers. No one was social distancing.
On the way back from MILs Mrs MC wanted to visit Dunelm as we passed through Cannock to get some cushion inards for some embroidered covers she had made. I said she should wear a mask out of respect for others. On returning she said she was the only person in the store wearing one and got many strange looks and even felt some groups of shoppers were sniggering at her and she felt a proper Charlie. I noticed on the shopping centres car park no one going in any of the stores had masks or social distanced. Cannock could be following on the heals of Leicester.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the way back from MILs Mrs MC wanted to visit Dunelm as we passed through Cannock to get some cushion inards for some embroidered covers she had made. I said she should wear a mask out of respect for others. On returning she said she was the only person in the store wearing one and got many strange looks and even felt some groups of shoppers were sniggering at her and she felt a proper Charlie. I noticed on the shopping centres car park no one going in any of the stores had masks or social distanced. Cannock could be following on the heals of Leicester.
Hugs for Mrs MC @Muddy Cyclist
I know what this feels like, but I still wear my mask, and my disposable gloves (which are a black texture and they actually look like leather gloves, but to wear those blue surgical ones means you get people staring at you as if you are some kind of mad person wandering down the street).

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's exactly how it was walking through Norwich. I got exactly the same response as Mrs MC had when she was walking through Dunelm - really strange looks from people because I was wearing a mask and trying to social distance. Hardly anyone else was wearing a mask. I definitely won't be going shopping in Norwich anytime soon.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.05am FBG 6.3
No commisertions needed.
Might have to go shopping today. Haberdashery is a whole new vocabulary I will need to learn. If there is a shop selling such items in the town. It's a bit of a way to go just to look, but have completely failed to find what I want on Amazon.fr. and ebay refused to deliver it to me here.
The only relevant word I am certain of is noir/noire. It certainly doesn't help that French words have genders.
There were a few people wearing masks in the shops yesterday, but the majority were not. This will change as they become compulsory in enclosed spaces from 1st August.

Have just realised that the uncertainty about MrSlims arrival is causing me considerable stress. Rationalizing it won't be today has not helped so far, dithering as to which task needs doing first has not got anything done so far. Need to pull them up:couchpotato:

Last edited: