What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 but it may have been caused by 1 glass too many of red wine.
Hugs for the early morning wake up alarm @hankjam but glad there was no medical emergency.
@PenguinMum the 15% error could still put you in the fives club. Sorry about the mad dream again.
@Saskia great fbg but looks like you and @ianpspurs are noticing the same thing - better fbg but a couple more kilos on the scales. I have found similar correlations at times which is why I asked @Pipp about her journey recently. It’s all a minefield.
Edit for spelling error tut.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
. It’s all a minefield..
Fbg is fbg wine or not so yay for you. Minefield? batpooh crazy is closer. This weird woe is like an odd cult. Lures you in, you know deep down it is distinctly orf but can't quite escape in case there may be some truth hidden within. Always feel someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank at how gullible you are - probably dairy and livestock farmers plus their lobbyists.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg is fbg wine or not so yay for you. Minefield? batpooh crazy is closer. This weird woe is like an odd cult. Lures you in, you know deep down it is distinctly orf but can't quite escape in case there may be some truth hidden within. Always feel someone, somewhere is laughing all the way to the bank at how gullible you are - probably dairy and livestock farmers plus their lobbyists.

Agree with half of that but disagree with the other half. Phew! Back to normal for us!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with half of that but disagree with the other half. Phew! Back to normal for us!
Ah, I'm w**e and you are white and fragile so that explains it all. No worries - I won't cancel you:angelic:

Last edited:

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today, hallelujah! Now I know it takes a week to 'normalise' after a fish & chip supper but apparently I can get away with a few normal pancakes:wideyed:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 on rising. Kept rising, so had a big cooked breakfast, sausage, egg, bacon , mushrooms, trying to fool that dawnP. Nope, think the low carb bread dunked in the pan fat was the culprit that raised it to 7.8, two hours later. Unless it was due to the morning ablutions, showering. As I am not sure which I will have to repeat the cooked breakfast experiment several times, leaving the ablutions until later.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 on rising. Kept rising, so had a big cooked breakfast, sausage, egg, bacon , mushrooms, trying to fool that dawnP. Nope, think the low carb bread dunked in the pan fat was the culprit that raised it to 7.8, two hours later. Unless it was due to the morning ablutions, showering. As I am not sure which I will have to repeat the cooked breakfast experiment several times, leaving the ablutions until later.

Sounds like a good plan. Don't you sometimes just feel like saying "Oh, dawn that P!" ;)

Reactions: DJC3