What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After cleaning two vehicles I sat down with a cup of coffee and could not resist fiddling with yesterday's watercolour, the one I was going to leave alone, will I ever learn? Pleanty of Rose Bay Willow herb about at the moment, dragon plants according to my youngest grandaughter, why, because they grow where Dragons have scorched the earth.....
View attachment 43039
Another excellent rendition. Still undertones of the abstract with the added benefit of dragon plants

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for the comment - It’s nearly 6am and will be out again just as soon as I have finished my tea. Must catch this pleasant morning before the weather turns.

Enjoy yourself @dunelm

It is a beautiful morning here as well. And I will be found in a few minutes in the front garden giving it a bit of a trim, before the non-social distancing neighbours come out to talk and be too close friendly. The first sign of a 'friendly' dog walker and I will shoot back in to do my painting.

I would love to go for a drive, but I am still refining my female toilet arrangements, and awaiting a couple of items from Amazon. And hopefully go on a good drive before the next lockdown.

Have fun!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.9

Temp 35.8

Off to hack through the front garden before my non-social distancing neighbours get up. The first sign of anyone and I will scoot back inside.

The garden badly needs a haircut....

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, it's finished (because I have to stop somewhere)

Sorry I posted so many versions

View attachment 43042

I use the watercolour brushes for my basic layout before resorting to the technical pencils. It's not the equipment, it's my mindset, my brain just won't go there :bag::banghead:
An artist who knows when his art work is finished, brilliant, just enough colour and good creativity. I wish I knew when to stop, I always just do that little bit more than I intended often disastrously.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5 for me today.

Yesterday evening our daughter turned up with SIL and grandaughter, we asked them if they would like us to do a meal, they did and we all ate outside and sat there until after midnight, grandaughter fell asleep on a chair and the rest of the evening was spent putting the world to right, reminiscing, making music and listening to the stillness of the night, very relaxing, too much wine but there you go.

Today I have no idea what's in store.

Observe the wonderful day and use the time as best as you are able. Keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have wanted to paint like the Pre-Raphaelites ever since I was a teenager...I can still remember thinking that....
I have never tried it...yet...
There maybe a hidden Pre Raphalite lurking within, maybe you should give it ago. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Trinity 8/Pork shoulder Sunday. Several possibilities for fbg but right now - 7.25 - it is 4.4 which is a reasonable average of Libre readings since the first 3.3 at 5.10. I don't need hugs for a 3,3 absolutely no effects and no bounceback so all good. Pork and no R in the month? - the old timers would be apoplectic or green with envy at my meat safe. The Lord has provided a very fine pig. skilfully reared and butchered, lovingly cooked by my wife BUT only a liar would deny the addition of carbs from new potatoes/crispy roasties, gravy and apple sauce would make things even better. LC is a bit like trying to play the Music for the Royal Fireworks on a cheap kazoo. Such is life and right on cue one of today's readings contained my LC life in a nutshell: "make every effort to support your faith with goodness, and goodness with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with endurance." It truly is a funny old world Saint as per Greavsie. Great fbgs @karen8967 and @Muddy Cyclist; enjoy the garden @gennepher and motor cycle rides @dunelm and @alf_Josiah. I need more buckets of tea and my 7.00 - 8.00 steps.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
A zoom day today.
Zoom church service this am, then the minister puts us all in breakout rooms for a virtual chat. Its an interesting experience because the result of who one gets is totally random.
But it works well and we usually run out of talking time.

Then eldest daughter will Zoom us from down country this pm.

The duchess was happy last night our grandsons team won cup and she didn't have the problem of divided loyalties being a Man U supporter.

Must do a few kilometers on my exercise bike first to flush out the system! :)
D.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning and the sun has arrived.

I think I should show willing and do a little weeding or something today.

Decided to have a go at a watercolour picture, the intent is to only use brushes and no technical pencils but I can see that going south :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Krystyna23040
:)
I knew I couldn't go out in lockdown to buy more jeans so I had to keep my waist at the same measurement....
Unfortunately I have several pairs of slightly looser trousers which I like to wear when I relax. So as I lived in them over lockdown I didn't really notice the weight gain at first.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. We are off to Oxburgh Hall later this morning and the weather looks perfect for a walk with the dogs - not too hot.

Zoom course went well yesterday - lots of really good info.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately I have several pairs of slightly looser trousers which I like to wear when I relax. So as I lived in them over lockdown I didn't really notice the weight gain at first.

Yes @Krystyna23040

That can be a problem. Our clothes can be a guide to weight loss or gain, without weighing oneself. So I was lucky having my jeans!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There maybe a hidden Pre Raphalite lurking within, maybe you should give it ago. :)
Oh, it is still there @Muddy Cyclist
Last week I received from an American pen friend an amazing Pre Raphaelite magazine, It was all the old Pre-Raphaelite paintings, but photographed with real people, in all the Pre-Raphaelite clothes and settings. Every page was full page photographs. It was amazing.
Maybe the universe is hinting....