What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor thing. Our Moët Peas (to fool sesnsors) on command which is very useful although I often feel a complete Charlie standing in the garden saying "Go and do a W eeeee" :)
We taught Poppy to Pea on demand (I am using your trick to fool the censors) but Archie who we rescued at 10 months old completely refuses to Pea on demand. Our cue for Poppy is 'go w ee' which she immediately does.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s early o’clock in the dark and dangerous north - quiet though.

The wonder wheel of leftover chicken ramen with courgette noodles came in at 4.8 this am. More leftover chicken tonight - probably a curry - 1 chicken, 4 meals for two people.

I watched shout at the telly last night - I don’t usually watch it as I can’t stand the way that the latest referee works it - she should stick to the Antiques Road Show and reading the news - bring back Dimbleby. Anyhow - half a dozen sanitised questions, none of them really answered. Ah well, serves me right.

A couple of paintings yesterday - one on rice paper, one on backing paper. Hope everyone has as pleasant a day as you can. Time for an early koffy.
upload_2020-11-20_5-17-14.jpeg

upload_2020-11-20_5-16-55.jpeg

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LO (Reader) | 3.6 ➡️ - I suspect I have slept on that arm but have been scanning having taken the cohesive bandage off the sensor and the highest it has gotten is 3.9 on the phone.

I am doing my usual thing of working until the cave-dwelling lodger wakes up - he annoyingly did not go to work yesterday so thankfully I was only doing weights and resistance work up in my room but once I have put yesterday's wrap live as the match didn't finish until nearly 11pm.

In other news... I am a bit of a girly geek and over the lockdown summer, I relived my teenage years and sat playing Elite Dangerous until I became Elite! Many an O-Level suffered because of that game haha!
Yesterday I downloaded Steam - a gaming platform and got another game of my past Command and Conquer. My best mate from uni lived in my flat for a while when we got jobs in Londinium and we used to try and figure this out together!
I blame one of my lovely friends on the tour-circus. She is working this tournament too and she made me. SHE MADE ME DO IT!

Now all I need to do is find a man who doesn't mind a girl who loves sport, and gaming. Not that easy hahahah!
Back to trying to find Spanglish quotes from Rafael Nadal to put in this **** article! Then it is medium-level Physio rehab session and a modified C25K session to do on the spin-bike, standing up on the pedals for the running bits and sitting my behind back down on the seat for the walking bits.

@Alien Aspie So sorry to hear of your stress and huge hugs...
@Krystyna23040 fingers (paws?) crossed for Archy

Rats - this sensor is refusing to shift from around 3.6 so I really hope it is not on the way out... it is the first time in ages I have put it closer to the back of the arm... anyway we'll see what happens when I finally get up, work-out and have breakfast etc.

ETA: An hour on it has roused itself to 4.5 which is a bit more like it.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today.

Dull and rain threatened here so perhaps no Muddy Bike ride today, I'm becoming a fine weather rider may have to change my Avatar name, 'Procrastinating Muddy Cyclist' too long maybe? :)

To MILs or not to MILs? That is the question.

For some reason these words popped into my head, no idea why but maybe they reflect my relationship with time....

Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter

Keep safe.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A straight 6.0 this morning as I had a pity party for one ;) Yes it was a crumpet, or maybe two, with cheese.

@RFSMarch I'm on Steam, yes I'm very predictable as an aspie who's also a geek. I played Elite for a while but much preferred EveOnline, currently I'm bashing my way through Warframe. There was another gamer on here who joined me in Destiny2 but has moved on. I generally play solo but if you're ever in a game I play and need a hand I'm always happy to help out. The lockdown has been great for gaming if nothing else :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I seem to be shaking off whatever ailed me and both pups show no signs of being unwell. After yesterday's water fast and sleep fest my fbg was 4.7 on the Libre. IDK if that or any Libre reading is good bad or indifferent. Some very well trained dogs and a spiffing Friday Meme @karen8967 . Hugs for the worry caused by those who really do exemplify the spirit of the age @Alien Aspie and @SilverK .
For Donald

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A straight 6.0 this morning as I had a pity party for one ;) Yes it was a crumpet, or maybe two, with cheese.

@RFSMarch I'm on Steam, yes I'm very predictable as an aspie who's also a geek. I played Elite for a while but much preferred EveOnline, currently I'm bashing my way through Warframe. There was another gamer on here who joined me in Destiny2 but has moved on. I generally play solo but if you're ever in a game I play and need a hand I'm always happy to help out. The lockdown has been great for gaming if nothing else :)
Yay! My ex boyfriend got me into Eve Online... but it seems to have now changed beyond all recognition (this is going back over 10 years probably)...

I play Elite Dangerous either in solo or as part of Mobius and have only joined Steam yesterday but someone in my ED group spoke of a game called Battlestar Galactica Deadlock which I also saw on Steam.

My uni bestie is also waving Launchbox under my nose.. the temptation to play some of the old BBC B classics is huge! He has ye olde Elite on that but I could never do that on the keyboard and have a decent joystick and throttle combo for the new one.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay! My ex boyfriend got me into Eve Online... but it seems to have now changed beyond all recognition (this is going back over 10 years probably)...

I play Elite Dangerous either in solo or as part of Mobius and have only joined Steam yesterday but someone in my ED group spoke of a game called Battlestar Galactica Deadlock which I also saw on Steam.

My uni bestie is also waving Launchbox under my nose.. the temptation to play some of the old BBC B classics is huge! He has ye olde Elite on that but I could never do that on the keyboard and have a decent joystick and throttle combo for the new one.

Eve certainly has changed since then, I was also one of the early adopters finally packing it in this year. Went on a spree across the whole map handing out isk and ships to new players. Got rid of 14 billion in three days and x3 that in ships and weaponry :)

I saw BSG a while back but even though I'm a fan of the shows it didn't appeal. I'm currently running Mass Effect Andromeda, Stellaris, No Man's Sky, and Xplane 11 alongside Warframe. Keeps my brain active :)

My son is one of the lead developers for Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid V. It took me four years to play MGS and I still haven't played Red, I might get around to it ;)

Reactions: SilverK

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it was a crumpet, or maybe two, with cheese.
I think that's pretty restrained in view of madam's selfish careless behaviour...hmm shopping ordered arriving Sunday I still have time to order some crumpets

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...bed at 02:00 this morning I have a client in custody after waiting for several hours heard my client would be deal with in the morning...woken at 07:30 by an enthusiastic energetic young officer before I'd even had a coffee!...off to make me a second one before the interview thank goodness it's on speakerphone rather than Microsoft teams...I won't have to make any effort at all & can sit here in my PJ's...woke to a 6.5...keep safe everyone,

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to correct you fellow motorcyclist and painter of little helicopters and submarines flying over oriental scenery.
Just before I walked out of the liver transplant unit in Birmingham one of the top liver research physicians told me that they had identified 106 major functions and over 5000 minor functions, that was over 28 years ago.
We stand no chance understanding this diabetic conundrum, well I stand no chance.
Yes, I have come to exactly that conclusion and have recently stopped trying to work out why my liver has decided to release glucose randomly.

Reading your post I can see than I am never going to work out what is going on so I am pleased that I stopped trying to fathom it out.

Now I just focus on doing my best and don't stress out if my liver ignores my good work and 'does its own thing '. It has definitely cut down on my stress levels.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
It seems I shall have to my modify greetings from fellow posters and painters to fellow posters, painters and gamers. :)

A 6.2 on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness this morning.

Today is a day of mystery at the moment, but me and me's can relax because the mystery will not last long.
What a mixed jumble of topics today and the hunt the helicopter in Dunelm's art work.

At the risk of starting another theme on this thread, Mrs J and me and me's discussed what to have for Christmas lunch, neither of us are keen on turkey, a conclusion has not been arrived at, but one will.
Have a great day.