What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news I know the weight of expectation waiting for them to 'go'
I hadn't realised just how stressed I was getting until he 'went'. Vet rang and said that psyllium husks were fine to give him if he is delayed again. We have an appointment to see her on Monday so she can check his foot.

He has just decided that he wants to take the bandage off so we will have to watch him closely over the next couple of days. Every time I tell him to leave it alone he grins at me then waits until I leave the room before having another go at it.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully the sensor continues to work correctly. When I used the libre I found it didn't like me sleeping on that arm.
I also chugged a bottle of water and that seemed to perk it up a bit. I don't think I drank a lot yesterday... I get so carried away with writing I totally forget. I have to wait for the match starting now to finish and then do the semi-final previews and get creative in Canva for Twitter and Instagram bobbins. I want to get them done, and out of the way so I can catch up with recorded stuff. Just cleaned and buffed all the kitchen surfaces so that tomorrow all I need to do is dust hoover and mop downstairs and that's it all done for a week.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately she is my landlady and my tenancy involves chauffeuring and gardening so it’s a bit tricky.
Man that is so irresponsible. I discuss a lot with the lodger as both of us are in other support bubbles and with Christmas coming up he was talking about whether or not they could have a family get together and if not he would just be with his mum who is now a widow. I would be horrified if anything I did meant he would not be able to have Christmas at home!

One of my friends AirBnBs my second room and I made absolutely sure he was completely happy with that before I accepted the booking... She gives those of us who are considerate to our lodgers a really bad name.

lindisfel

Expert
Just realized today my eldest was in very good company when she was at Leeds. Kerr Starmer went to Leeds uni when he was studying law. I suppose the law students and medics never mixed but I will think of something!
It will be another opportunity for a leg pull. :)

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s early o’clock in the dark and dangerous north - quiet though.

The wonder wheel of leftover chicken ramen with courgette noodles came in at 4.8 this am. More leftover chicken tonight - probably a curry - 1 chicken, 4 meals for two people.

I watched shout at the telly last night - I don’t usually watch it as I can’t stand the way that the latest referee works it - she should stick to the Antiques Road Show and reading the news - bring back Dimbleby. Anyhow - half a dozen sanitised questions, none of them really answered. Ah well, serves me right.

A couple of paintings yesterday - one on rice paper, one on backing paper. Hope everyone has as pleasant a day as you can. Time for an early koffy.
View attachment 45534

View attachment 45533
A nice fishing scene with lots of detail and good depth. Then are you getting into wallpaper design? If so can I order 4rolls please and what is the drop on that pattern? :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought it was classic non apology defence.
Re: I am sorry if anyone took offence!
D.
Amazing she is still in situ yet the author of the report has feel the need to resign since his report has not been accepted...what's interesting is if Patel had shouted screamed or sworn in the street that would be a public order offence even without anyone being present not a great image for a Home Secretary.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Painting for today, started yesterday and left to dry overnight, included phase 1 and finished scene.

Cannock Chase Larch trees have been beautiful this Autumn. I am always fascinated by their light, it's as though the light is generated by the Larch tree itself. In some of the valleys they glow against the background of Douglas Firs, sadly Larch and Douglas Firs are suffering from disease and may vanish from our forests. I know in Afan Valley where I do a lot of more serious Mountain Biking they have removed most of the Larch a great shame although the views have now opened up.

So here it is, A4 abstract style watercolour about 90 minutes....

Background from yesterday evening
IMG_4117.JPG

Finished Larch Tree Impressions against Douglas Firs in steep valley.
IMG_4123.JPG

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly, that hasn't been my experience since losing my home. All the rentals I've had have generated problems once the owners realise I'm autistic and they can take advantage of it.

There is very little help for adults with autism, as one of my old docs said: "because you've reached a ripe old age the state believes you can manage". Generally, I can, but my lack of social awareness and etiquette has always been both my downfall and my Achille's Heel.

Where I am now is the longest I've been in one place and I hate to go. I know my negative traits can mean I see things far worse than they are and I am grateful for the roof over my head. I have been homeless a few times and don't fancy it anymore ;)

That is just horrible and I am sorry this has happened. Huge hugs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also chugged a bottle of water and that seemed to perk it up a bit. I don't think I drank a lot yesterday... I get so carried away with writing I totally forget. I have to wait for the match starting now to finish and then do the semi-final previews and get creative in Canva for Twitter and Instagram bobbins. I want to get them done, and out of the way so I can catch up with recorded stuff. Just cleaned and buffed all the kitchen surfaces so that tomorrow all I need to do is dust hoover and mop downstairs and that's it all done for a week.
You have been so productive today. i haven't been able to settle down to any meaningful work. It doesn't help that I keep getting distracted by my Mah Jong games on my tablet and PC. Must tackle the pile of paperwork on my desk or I will regret that I have wasted today.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly, that hasn't been my experience since losing my home. All the rentals I've had have generated problems once the owners realise I'm autistic and they can take advantage of it.

There is very little help for adults with autism, as one of my old docs said: "because you've reached a ripe old age the state believes you can manage". Generally, I can, but my lack of social awareness and etiquette has always been both my downfall and my Achille's Heel.

Where I am now is the longest I've been in one place and I hate to go. I know my negative traits can mean I see things far worse than they are and I am grateful for the roof over my head. I have been homeless a few times and don't fancy it anymore ;)
That is dreadful that your rentals have generated problems. I do hope your move to Wales improves things.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing she is still in situ yet the author of the report has feel the need to resign since his report has not been accepted...what's interesting is if Patel had shouted screamed or sworn in the street that would be a public order offence even without anyone being present not a great image for a Home Secretary.
It is beyond belief that she is still in situ. I could not believe it when i heard that Boris is supporting her.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have been so productive today. i haven't been able to settle down to any meaningful work. It doesn't help that I keep getting distracted by my Mah Jong games on my tablet and PC. Must tackle the pile of paperwork on my desk or I will regret that I have wasted today.
It helped that Lodger went to work today (I didn't see him at all ystd so no idea if he chucked a sicky or just had a day off) but it also meant I could go bleach the downstairs toilet as well!

If it makes you feel any better I indulged in another mission of Command and Conquer and then remembered how irritatingly hard some of them could be so after a bit of earthy anglo saxon and a few re-do's I managed to get it.. so now I feel I need to be productive to make up from this morning's gaming!