What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost forgot to post fbs. It was 5.5. Lovely out today. Have done dog walk, picked up milk and eggs from farm and then on to pick up Mr K 's honey from local beekeeper. Now will catch up with the weekend 'i' which I haven't even started reading yet.

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will finally finish C G Jung's Red Book this week although 'finally finish' should be taken lightly. It's only taken 10+ years and I think I need to go back and start again. The reason for pointing it out, however, is to do with another of his works and something I remembered reading that seems appropriate for 2020.

"A group experience takes place on a lower level of consciousness than the experience of an individual. This is due to the fact that, when many people gather together to share one common emotion, the total psyche emerging from the group is below the level of the individual psyche. If it is a very large group, the collective psyche will be more like the psyche of an animal, which is the reason why the ethical attitude of large organizations is always doubtful. The psychology of a large crowd inevitably sinks to the level of mob psychology. If therefore, I have a so-called collective experience as a member of a group, it takes place on a lower level of consciousness than if I had the experience by myself alone.” ~ C.G. Jung, extract from The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who were out about in a safe covid way.

6.2 this morning, 4.4 just now, got my sums wrong again.

This afternoon is spoken for, so no rest drat, drat and drat.
Stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Planted five super column fruit trees today in an attempt to make Breckland a little more like The Old Country. One - a greengage- deliberately chosen because there was a greengage tree beloved of my children, grandchildren, cousins and their children.The variety was picked carefully - Willingham which is the village my dad worked out of.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Planted five super column fruit trees today in an attempt to make Breckland a little more like The Old Country. One - a greengage- deliberately chosen because there was a greengage tree beloved my children, grandchildren, cousins and their children.The variety was picked carefully - Willingham which is the village my dad worked out of.
There's a place near Lincoln called Cherry Willingham.

lindisfel

Expert
What am I, I guess there a lot of Dane, (as the the man said about his large hybrid dog with massive paws). Probably quite a lot of Saxon mongrel with all that blond fur that is past its best.
And then lots that Bassets would be proud of.
No recent mixing I know of.
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Surgery phoned me back yesterday evening. It was a nurse not a doctor. She ordered more blood tests, Vit D and something for rheumatoid arthritis this time. All she could offer by way of additional pain relief was paracetamol, which does absolutely nothing. She said maybe they’d increase the Gabapentin a tiny bit in about a week then another a couple of weeks after. - Doesn’t bode well for Christmas .

She said my Hba1c was bad. No acknowledgement that I halved it in two months. Just that tone in her voice that says “you obviously brought this on yourself”. I got the impression that I should just learn to live with it.

Hi Silverk,
Isn't there a drug for R. A. now? It is an auto immune condition, mother had it very bad from being quite young. I never met a medic with that attitude, she must be overworked.
Gabapentin is a good drug for nerve pain, it worked well when I had shingles.
Nsaids are not good they can knacker your kidneys so that is why they dont always give them for pain.
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Planted five super column fruit trees today in an attempt to make Breckland a little more like The Old Country. One - a greengage- deliberately chosen because there was a greengage tree beloved my children, grandchildren, cousins and their children.The variety was picked carefully - Willingham which is the village my dad worked out of.
Very good and I do like greengages but what about stocks of liquid for now, those fruit trees won’t give up their glory for ages. Luckily I have saved the day with this winter selection.
upload_2020-12-15_16-48-39.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very good and I do like greengages but what about stocks of liquid for now, those fruit trees won’t give up their glory for ages. Luckily I have saved the day with this winter selection.
View attachment 46267
Good man for saving the day, You and Gordon Brown saved the world. I just hope people are grateful. In these straitened times one must seek out bargains. This looks cheap as chips so worth a punt - after I have sent Classic Dom a few quid so he can have a little bit of Christmas.

Last edited:

SilverK

Hi Silverk,
Isn't there a drug for R. A. now? It is an auto immune condition, mother had it very bad from being quite young. I never met a medic with that attitude, she must be overworked.
Gabapentin is a good drug for nerve pain, it worked well when I had shingles.
Nsaids are not good they can knacker your kidneys so that is why they dont always give them for pain.
D.

Hiya, great to know Gabapentin worked for you, - how long did it take to kick in?
Don’t know about RA. I get the feeling they’re grasping at straws a bit. They’re even starting to question a riding injury to my back that happened about 14 years ago. But that would mean an MRI so it won’t be done while there’s still covid everywhere.
They won’t let me have nsaids because of my heart meds.

lindisfel

Expert
Hiya, great to know Gabapentin worked for you, - how long did it take to kick in?
Don’t know about RA. I get the feeling they’re grasping at straws a bit. They’re even starting to question a riding injury to my back that happened about 14 years ago. But that would mean an MRI so it won’t be done while there’s still covid everywhere.
They won’t let me have nsaids because of my heart meds.
They can test you for RA.

It was a pain down left arm from the nerve due shingles and it needed three per day and the pain switched off. It took a few weeks to stop.
I don't think it works for joint pain.
Do you have sciatica it may work for that?
Atb
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I looked out the den window when we talking on Zoom, someone mentioned the rainbow in the Bible, so I just poked my phone at the window where I had my own Rainbow and took a picture for them.

IMG_20201215_110442613_HDR~2_compress43.jpg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning everyone, the sun is burning off the gloom here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of leftover steak and the last of the Ceps came in at 4.6 this am

I am expecting a parcel today - two bottles of scotch in order to make the tally up to 12 (although current 10 are but single tots). Never mind the other stuff - these are not the whisky’s you are looking for.
Joe Green was on last night - The Force of Destiny so had to dig out my Yves Montand hat, drink Stella Artois and contemplate the planting of carnations.
Our youngest grandchild has just arrived so we will be off to the park in a while to fatten our chosen ducks up - I wanted a goose but Mrs Miggins thinks that they may scarper before too long.
Christmas card - we have sent out only a few this year - todays painting is my Christmas card for everyone else. I had a piece of red rice paper (8” x 4”) flecked with gold so it came in handy - we will be donating to our local food bank instead of buying more cards and stamps. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. I must finish my koffy and then at some point today cause panic buying of koffy in the supermarket (thanks for the tip @Muddy Cyclist ).

View attachment 46264
What a super duper Christmas Card a real cracker. Hope the park visit was glorious and the coffee search successful.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My ethnicity I guess Black Country with some Blue Remembered Hills. I do tend to put on the accent when faced with dialect snobbery. :)

Good 3 hour bike ride but I didn't cover the usual distance as my legs are out of practice, just as I like it, Muddy as (choose your word) see if it gets a sensor.

One horse done. :) This is Jumping Jack Flash he was a tremendous jumper and won many cups with our son. A4 Pastel....
IMG_4253.JPG

Mrs MC says it's not good enough and I have to try again. :banghead: Second attempt should be better so locked in art room tonight.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One horse done. :) This is Jumping Jack Flash he was a tremendous jumper and won many cups with our son. A4 Pastel....
View attachment 46269
Mrs MC says it's not good enough and I have to try again. :banghead: Second attempt should be better so locked in art room tonight.

As much as I like it I can appreciate Mrs MC's comment. I mean, I did tell you and you just went off and did it your way.

Fixed it for you... she will love it ;)

hrs.JPG

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
No fbs test today but at last something good to post about. Hubby and I just had Covid tests and both were negative.:happy: Have a good evening folks.:)