What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on finger prick and 4.3 on libre... although there is a bit of cheating in here... you see I woke up at nine this morning to xdrip reading 7 and I was like no way I am doing a finger prick right away and I went for a nice long 2.25 miles walk and that got the sugars down to respectable numbers :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.8 . Have a hangover without having indulged. Haven’t seen this high for a long time.
Gooing to fast for a while, and drink lots of water. Just like I would with a true hangover.

Reactions: karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.8 . Have a hangover without having indulged. Haven’t seen this high for a long time.
Gooing to fast for a while, and drink lots of water. Just like I would with a true hangover.
Funny you mention hangover ... am having a bit of headache too ever since I got up and average BG overnight was 7 which is highly unusual in recent past ever since am on LCHF diet.. and though I had a non fasting day yesterday, I did not actually eat much, did take the magnesium tablet, had about 4.35 L of water... so basically quite clueless on what is causing the higher numbers... I hope its just liver dump but irrespective I too have decided to fast all the way to Christmas now... possibly beyond if need be... Best of luck.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Looks like I am first in today with 5.6
The wind has been howling outside all night and keeping me awake. I gave up about an hour ago and got up for my first coffee of the day.
Hope Christmas Eve is a good day for everyone.