Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
First day of a new month means that no matter where you've been..................today you get to start it again.
Seize it :)
Happy February 1st X

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, where's @karen8967 today?

@Jaylee that took me back a loooong way - I remember seeing them a the Roundhouse, and Alexis Korner jammed with them. Amazing.

Don't know what's going on in my neighbourhood today but everywhere seems to be deserted. My nearest town looks like everyone left, I collected my groceries from the supermarket, v few people about, went to the chemist to get my trial Fiasp, and although they only allow one person in and it's a v busy place, I walked straight in. Feels a bit Twilight Zone....

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, no rain but the garden is flooded and the water has gone up overnight, it's about a foot deep and is up to the house. BG rose dramatically during the night but at least I can control that!
I agree with @Robinredbreast about using almond flour and use either xytol or erythritol @Xal. I get the last 2 from Amazon and the flour from Holland and Barrett. There are some great recipes on Diet Doctor or I put Keto in front of something I want. I don't "do" Keto but I do like cooking so reduce carbs where I can.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, glad to see you here Karen, upsets my day when you're not :)

Hope the water stay where it is @SueJB, that must be pretty firghtening.

Off today for my retinopathy test, my bubble friend's taking me so I feel okay about that. Hope things are a bit different from usual when I get there as it can be a bit too close for comfort in a normal year. Be interesting to see what they do.

Have a good day all!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, glad to see you here Karen, upsets my day when you're not :)

Hope the water stay where it is @SueJB, that must be pretty firghtening.

Off today for my retinopathy test, my bubble friend's taking me so I feel okay about that. Hope things are a bit different from usual when I get there as it can be a bit too close for comfort in a normal year. Be interesting to see what they do.

Have a good day all!
aw thankyou hh1 x

Reactions: Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1612282179.249460.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, inital reaction to the photos in my retinopathy test was brilliant. Three tiny areas from last year have healed themselve, one tiny new one, left eye completely clear. Tester said this was great for 35 years with T1 so I'm very happy. It's a medical week, off to podiatry today.

Hope you're all getting all the medical stuff you need; my recent experience has (apart from phone consult with my GP, which was just okay) been brilliant. I was a bit worried about yesterday as historically the clinics can be rammed, but the most I saw of anyone else there for the clinic was one other person sent into the waiting room after the drops as I was called back in. Really, really felt safe.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Sunny mostly here, rain tomorrow and then sunny again. We’ve gone snorkeling the last 2 days and I have to say I am spoiled. Colder water, but it was still around 24c. I liked it better when the full sun is out and it’s 26c. Feels like it is a lot more colder. But I think it’s the full sun too in the summer hitting the surface. But obviously I am spoiled now as Calif’s warmest water is colder than our coldest.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, was kicking myself yesterday morning, went to podiatry and I'd got the wrong date! I'd had a letter to say it had been altered, but that was weeks ago and I foolishly forgot to change the date in my diary. I should be there a week tomorrow! Hope your day runs more smoothly than that......