What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.3 for me today.

We here so other than popping out to get Mrs MC jabbed at lunchtime a day indoors. We think she is getting the Oxford one. Mrs MC had a dream. the vaccine centre is at the Roman Way Hotel on the Wattling Street and someone said army medics were giving them, Mrs MC had a dream they all had red plumed helmets and little skirts with red cloaked centurions organising it all.
WE shall see.:)

Keep safe take care.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from an angry, cloud filled sky, noisy wind and hammering rain start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Prospect of sleet - pretty good.
The wonder wheel of a thick pea and ham soup made all germanic with the addition of a fat sausage came in at 5.2 this am.

Me mother tells me that she is going home today but speaking to my sister last night it will all depend upon the ambulance being able to turn itself into a boat as the city centre is flooded. So, just have to await news later in the day.
Haven’t got a clue what I will be doing today but by the sounds being made in the great outdoors I don’t think it will involve my statutory 1 hour outdoor exercise. Still, never say never and I have a well worn route looped around the house that I discovered during the first lockdown.
@Muddy Cyclist - all the best to Mrs MC and here Monty Pythonesque jab - “throw him to the floor Centurion”.

Art - geese in the park and one of the trees near the lake which I have made a tad larger than it really is. Have a splendid Saturday. Time for another koffy.

upload_2021-2-6_8-21-17.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t got a clue what I will be doing today but by the sounds being made in the great outdoors I don’t think it will involve my statutory 1 hour outdoor exercise
Very wise. We have just got absolutely soaked in our morning walk. The rain has got even heavier since we arrived back home.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from an angry, cloud filled sky, noisy wind and hammering rain start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Prospect of sleet - pretty good.
The wonder wheel of a thick pea and ham soup made all germanic with the addition of a fat sausage came in at 5.2 this am.

Me mother tells me that she is going home today but speaking to my sister last night it will all depend upon the ambulance being able to turn itself into a boat as the city centre is flooded. So, just have to await news later in the day.
Haven’t got a clue what I will be doing today but by the sounds being made in the great outdoors I don’t think it will involve my statutory 1 hour outdoor exercise. Still, never say never and I have a well worn route looped around the house that I discovered during the first lockdown.
@Muddy Cyclist - all the best to Mrs MC and here Monty Pythonesque jab - “throw him to the floor Centurion”.

Art - geese in the park and one of the trees near the lake which I have made a tad larger than it really is. Have a splendid Saturday. Time for another koffy.

View attachment 47281

Your birds are brilliant @dunelm
A great sense of distance...

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 47281
Look what you have gone and done to those poor geese, both are looking very bemused at the sudden growth the trees put on. Winner like the atmosphere and coldness you have captured.

Mom sounds determined to get home, botte de caoutchouc may be required.

Enjoy your walk, add in some stairs, imagine mountains.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening . Just popping in late to say my fbs this morning was 9.9. I don't post very often as they are constantly high. Convinced it's partly due to Gabapentin side effects. The good news is that both hubby's and my Covid tests yesterday were negative. Hope everyone is OK. Enjoy your week-end everyone.:)
when i have been on gabapentin my bgs go higher x

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Some confusion today over what to commemorate first. Centurions, Martyrs of Japan, The Accession of Queen Elizabeth II, 1952, Joe Root's 200, the excellent salmon, avo and fennel salad yesterday, steak today or 6 nations rugby? Swipey in transit (hopefully better transit than LC). Good to hear you and Mr DL COVID negative @dogslife. @dunelm your mother sounds so much like my MIL - home James and don't spare the horses. Op, what op? Hope all goes well for Mrs MC @Muddy Cyclist; the lessons are successful, fully appreciated and rest follows @Krystyna23040. I'm having a good old chew on Ecclesiastes 6:12 and watching cricket just now. Pip Pip old toots.
Edit: Cricket interrupted by video call with 2 granddaughters "painting." Very hands on - 3rd one joins them 15th and tagged Dunelm to clarify whose mother I was talking about.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Look what you have gone and done to those poor geese, both are looking very bemused at the sudden growth the trees put on. Winner like the atmosphere and coldness you have captured.

Mom sounds determined to get home, botte de caoutchouc may be required.

Enjoy your walk, add in some stairs, imagine mountains.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - I think waders will be more useful than waterlogged wellies :wacky::arghh::).
Stairs are included with each circuit - Mrs Miggins thinks that I am wearing out the carpets.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are having a slow start to the day.

A 6.8 this morning on that scheming meter.

As me and me's sit here typing this diatribe glancing out at the back garden bathed in sunshine I think sometimes there are benefits from living south of the Watford Gap.

Well folks and let's hope you all are well enjoy your day remembering it is ok to bark at the postman, but not to bite. Now it's time to throw some clothes on and start the day.

Jen6

5.5 for me. Pleased considering our Son wife 6 year old and 1year old has covid very worrying time.
Keep safe everyone its a nasty old virus

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 for me. Pleased considering our Son wife 6 year old and 1year old has covid very worrying time.
Keep safe everyone its a nasty old virus
Good Fbs @Jen G 6 and it must be a very worrying time for all the family. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Our friends down in the hamlet had all their curtains drawn at 1045 when I went down the road for a morning walk.
They both had their vaccines yesterday evening so I hope it didn't bother them too much.

Bitterly cold wind up here today and due to get much worse, so I will stay by the fire.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our friends down in the hamlet had all their curtains drawn at 1045 when I went down the road for a morning walk.
They both had their vaccines yesterday evening so I hope it didn't bother them too much.

Bitterly cold wind up here today and due to get much worse, so I will stay by the fire.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Derek
Stick by that fire @lindisfel . How is the migraine today? better I hope.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you enjoyed the cricket today. Mr K said that they did well and is now watching the rugby. I am relaxing and reading Friday's 'i'. I quite like it when he watches rugby or cricket and I can catch up with reading.