What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
3.7 at 6 am Oops! Trying alternate day fasting (actually 36 hrs) for first time. According to my G6 BG had been steady around that range since midnight. But my DP kicked in and 4.4 by 6.30 am with no carbs. Need some more days before I try to adjust basal or ratios - wouldn't risk this experiment without my CGM.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 again.
Pancakes with coconut flour, no sweetner, but lime juice and FfGreek yogurt, with blueberries.
Ok, so now it is Lent. Seems like a time of fasting is in order.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
3.7 at 6 am Oops! Trying alternate day fasting (actually 36 hrs) for first time. According to my G6 BG had been steady around that range since midnight. But my DP kicked in and 4.4 by 6.30 am with no carbs. Need some more days before I try to adjust basal or ratios - wouldn't risk this experiment without my CGM.
Trying a new way of eating as I have piled on the body fat over last two years - also know from ultrasound that I have had a fatty liver for most of the last 10 years. Sadly no quick fix until my liver fully detoxed and unlikely I'll lose the much hated subcutaneous fat until liver fat depleted...need to gear up for the long haul. On positive note most other health markers and muscle strength continually improving.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 today. Fed up with it. I’m going to take a break from testing for a while as it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to how I try to manage it.

Reactions: annabell1

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today. Fed up with it. I’m going to take a break from testing for a while as it doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to how I try to manage it.
Missing you already.
We seem to be going through the same sort of sticky 6s patch.
Don’t be long away.

Reactions: annabell1 and DJC3

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.6 this morning at 0640, was lower when I went to bed last night.

Is the dawn effect a time based thing, an activity based thing or an awakeness based thing ? I only ask as I am used to seeing sub 6 BG after getting up and and overnight fast of 10-12 hours, but last few days it’s been higher and I’ve been waking up early due to my shoulder aching.

Run done for the day, sub 7 minute kilometres for the first time today. A month ago I was happy to do sub 10 minutes per km.