What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening, missed Morning roll call as I had an early start on my Mountain Bike with Son In Law. We rode from 8am till 5.30 pm, brilliant and over 80 off road miles covered on some serious trails. Did have a guilty stop off at a local country pub, The Windmill, Gentleshaw Common with stunning views, the pint was good also. :)
IMG_4780.JPG

So no art today but lots of ideas.

Fasting BG 5.9. Now 5.1

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull great flower drawing from yourself, you are good at these, envious.

@dunelm considering you are entertaining CBEES your art is great, nice stance from that bird.

@gennepher another Cracker digital piece. I saw lots of trees like this today, including spots before my eyes afterthe pint.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening, missed Morning roll call as I had an early start on my Mountain Bike with Son In Law. We rode from 8am till 5.30 pm, brilliant and over 80 off road miles covered on some serious trails. Did have a guilty stop off at a local country pub, The Windmill, Gentleshaw Common with stunning views, the pint was good also. :)
View attachment 48908

Fasting BG 5.9. Now 5.1
That seems like serious mileage so major kudos. King of the hills?

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.6 this morning

Mum safely jabbed at lunchtime and then enjoyed her wander round Home Bargains :)
When we got back to mum's mr gee and I raked the bits of loose tree debris off the 'lawn' and fired up the lawn mowers to give the grass it's first cut, we're out of practice :D Katy enjoyed chasing us around, pretending she was herding us about :hilarious:
Seemed like a useful way of getting our outdoor exercise in the sun today ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - handsome crane today and a nicely balanced composition :)

@gennepher - lovely picture today, so light and airy :)

@Muddy Cyclist - looks like a good time was had :)

art bit - trying out a couple of new colours I got, for balance I think this would benefit from having some cropped off the top.

upload_2021-4-15_19-3-0.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull great flower drawing from yourself, you are good at these, envious.

@dunelm considering you are entertaining CBEES your art is great, nice stance from that bird.

@gennepher another Cracker digital piece. I saw lots of trees like this today, including spots before my eyes afterthe pint.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
The sun was very bright....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 this morning

Mum safely jabbed at lunchtime and then enjoyed her wander round Home Bargains :)
When we got back to mum's mr gee and I raked the bits of loose tree debris off the 'lawn' and fired up the lawn mowers to give the grass it's first cut, we're out of practice :D Katy enjoyed chasing us around, pretending she was herding us about :hilarious:

art bit - trying out a couple of new colours I got, for balance I think this would benefit from having some cropped off the top.

View attachment 48909
glad your mum got safely jabbed.

Thank you for the painting compliment@geefull

I like your painting very much, and the trees are particularly effective.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep

Concurring with @ianpspurs analysis.

Highly suspicious too, you may be be protesting muchly to throw us off the scent you're having a whale of a time. :D

Have a good un.

(Cool pic, btw)
It’s been a busy day @jjraak - hunting Snarks, scooter racing, rides on tractors, who can get it past Lev Yashin, “hot chocolate with marshmallows for breakfast!!!!”, biggest blown bubble contest, most bubbles in one blow. Now its movie with popcorn before locking them in the chokie and hoping for a full nights sleep.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 this morning

View attachment 48909
I really like your new colours.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

My digital painting in Procreate.
I saw three oak trees on a hill with beautiful yellow-green grass, and blue skies with white fluffy clouds...
We have wall-to-wall blue skies at this minute, but it is pretty cold outside so I'm actually sitting on the warm side of the window...

View attachment 48907
Smashing mystic trees. Gaia

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 48908

Fasting BG 5.9. Now 5.1
Champion

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 this morning

View attachment 48909
Thank you @geefull. Liking the colours and the trees are very effective against the more minimalist plantings

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.6 this morning

View attachment 48909
Thank you, yes a long day but beautiful weather and good company, I might ache in the morning. :)

Not sure which are your new colours but some good light from the light yellow and distance added by the mauve/purple. I agree with you, cropped would balance the composition, good picture though and very much like the country I Enjoyed yesterday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another early start in the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel is still hibernating but we are up round the table being server up cheese and pickle sandwiches with monster blood relish and cheesy blood burgers with black mayonaise - all made from place mats and coasters!
Off home this afternoon and then meeting up with other grandchildren for dinner out - two tables outdoors (rule of 6) so it will be fun watching the staff trying to insist on the ninky nonks staying at their designated tables. Should we take a giant bubble?

Very quick sketch with ink brush pens. Have a great Friday, attempting koffy.

upload_2021-4-16_6-35-47.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me. After all those high 6 and 7 fasting readings I amazed by this one.. my carb intake yesterday must have been the highest for months. I know I did lots of exercise yesterday but I had a pint of beer at lunchtime, a onthe bike picnic whichws all meat with some lettuce leaves, then evening dinner, chickpea quiche , half a baked potatoe, Peas, followed by a dish of trifle, sponge, custard, jelly, raspberries and a large helping of cream. BG should have been sky high this morning. No rhyme or reason to my fasting readings.

A cold but bright day hear, a day in the garden, Mrs MC wants to start growing aquatic plants but we have no pond, not sure if this involves me digging or emptying old sink of its plants, plugging hole and useing that, Mrs MC seems undecided.

Keep safe enjoy doing whatever you are doing.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another early start in the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel is still hibernating but we are up round the table being server up cheese and pickle sandwiches with monster blood relish and cheesy blood burgers with black mayonaise - all made from place mats and coasters!
Off home this afternoon and then meeting up with other grandchildren for dinner out - two tables outdoors (rule of 6) so it will be fun watching the staff trying to insist on the ninky nonks staying at their designated tables. Should we take a giant bubble?

Very quick sketch with ink brush pens. Have a great Friday, attempting koffy.

View attachment 48912
Enjoy the best meal ever, but surely some slugs and snails must also be on the menu. :)

Good quick sketch of the inquisitive Corvid.

Enjoy the outdoor family meal, I hope the weather is magnificent for the tribal meet.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Off to have 2nd vaccine this morning. .Will be a bit of a rush. Mr K is shopping at Aldi first then we will take dogs for a shorter walk than usual and then a dash to the vaccine centre.