Newbie looking for a place for daily log

andre53

Hi folks,

53 yo, type 2 non-insulin dependent / 1000 mg metformin, high blood pressure and weigthing 131 kg (288 lb) at 1.83m (6'00'').

I found a diet plan that I could stick to it and I want to create a post for register a daily evolution (or not) of my numbers as well as my diet and trainnig routine. My idea is to post the experience itself - data, numbers, graphs, etc - and less personal conversation, reaching (or not) to an expected goal AFTER the proposed period.

Is there any subforum here with daily logs people can posts their routines?

Cheers

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm looking into starting a blog on this site - just haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Reactions: andre53

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks,

53 yo, type 2 non-insulin dependent / 1000 mg metformin, high blood pressure and weigthing 131 kg (288 lb) at 1.83m (6'00'').

I found a diet plan that I could stick to it and I want to create a post for register a daily evolution (or not) of my numbers as well as my diet and trainnig routine. My idea is to post the experience itself - data, numbers, graphs, etc - and less personal conversation, reaching (or not) to an expected goal AFTER the proposed period.

Cheers
Write a blog? and welcome to the forum.

andre53

Write a blog? and welcome to the forum.

IMHO a blog produces a different experience than a personal thread in a community forum.

For example, on an individual thread sub, people can interact sharing common knowledge for diet, and training, as well as it is easier to visit each one of fellow individual threads. T-Nation and bodybuilding.com have such subs, but it is rare to find people with DM2 there.

On the other hand, a xxx.blogspot is a 'lone wolf' experience, raising the chances to make mistakes, and the number of possible interactions with the community is likely far less than a internet forum sub.

Thank you for the tip anyway, and thank you for the wellcome!

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi folks,

Cheers

Exactly the same age, weight and height where I started from. You can put notes in your profile, I think people can reply. There’s also threads like the weekly weight in.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
IMHO a blog produces a different experience than a personal thread in a community forum.

For example, on an individual thread sub, people can interact sharing common knowledge for diet, and training, as well as it is easier to visit each one of fellow individual threads. T-Nation and bodybuilding.com have such subs, but it is rare to find people with DM2 there.

On the other hand, a xxx.blogspot is a 'lone wolf' experience, raising the chances to make mistakes, and the number of possible interactions with the community is likely far less than a internet forum sub.

Thank you for the tip anyway, and thank you for the wellcome!
I understand - but this forum supports blogs which you might want to look at - here's a link to my extremely short offering - https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog/kennya.517579/