What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning, which is a lot better than I expected. I went to bed on 6.1 - my fbg is usually similar to bedtime.

Have a great week all. Enjoy your holiday @BrianDoc I agree it’s good to give testing a break now and then.
Winner for getting decorating done after 2 jabs @Marianne67 ( but I can only give you a ‘like’ as I use the app and it’s the only option!)
Glad things settled down yesterday @JohnEGreen , hope all is well today.
@ianpspurs I don’t like erythritol much either, have you tried Lakanto golden monkfruit sweetener? Doesn’t have that horrible burning coldness.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning, going into the third week of this bug/virus/plague (whatever you want to call it). I'd sell my soul for a good night's sleep, but the figures are going back down in the right direction so that is a good starting point.
Me too, with the bug, / plague / thingy ma bob. Keep thinking I am recovered, then it strikes again. Rotten sleep, but I did wake to see the foxes and hedgehogs visit the garden in the early hours. Later waking to FBG of 8.1. Such is life. A day of fasting ahead, but with lots of lemon, ginger and turmeric tea on the menu. With a couple of paracetamol, and several snoozes thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
a shameful 8.4 yesterday and 7.7 this morning, have a fine day everyone
No shame. Be proud you continue to strive for better, and continue to report and support.
Tomorrow is a new day. :)

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 (1/11/2015) but entirely likely today. @DJC3 that Monkfruit is probably THE one thing I haven't tried and binned - on your head be it young lady when I set the Food Fairy off on an Amazon quest. @JohnEGreen yay; @garyclark82 hug for poor sleep; @PenguinMum hug for the numbers, winner for the attitude - S and W boys , S and W..

Oh crikey! Pressure on then!