What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its good to break out once in a while, seems to help prevent sending the diet to hell.
Actually, I think that you are right @SlimLizzy. Today I am absolutely fine with the diet. Yesterday I mixed raspberries with inulin and double cream - it was beyond delicious. So good that I had to have more, and then even more.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I absolutely hate it when I do everything right and the blood sugars are much higher than is ideal for me. I have never worked out why this happens.
My personal experience is that I would rather do a bit of quantum physics than rather try and solve the enigma that is diabetes o_O :) and diabetes is more like :banghead::banghead:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is a poem with some relevance to a few: @Krystyna23040 geographically; @Granny_grump_ for the getting out and about after COVID sheltering and the positive impact on your mental health; @jjraak on your slow but steady recovery; for @dunelm and your walks into town despite back issues; for @gennepher with your mobility issues but deep, deep love of the mysterious link between the external world and internal life. It works well even if you ignore any Christian message, IMHO. I like that part of N Norfolk much more than Breckland or Suffolk generally.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely CFC won't be so crass as to play That Chune pre-match, given the title, in these circumstances?
Thinking more pertinent to your post re shearer, etc.

And the idea , even simple things can have a moral dilemma..

But yes, I doubt it would be a wise choice
(Much loved by CFC fans, but as your previous posts point out the oligarchs & effectiveness is a very murky pit )

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thinking more pertinent to your post re shearer, etc.

And the idea , even simple things can have a moral dilemma..

But yes, I doubt it would be a wise choice
(Much loved by CFC fans, but as your previous posts point out the oligarchs & effectiveness is a very murky pit )
How do Man City get a free pass on that one?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is a poem with some relevance to a few: @Krystyna23040 geographically; @Granny_grump_ for the getting out and about after COVID sheltering and the positive impact on your mental health; @jjraak on your slow but steady recovery; for @dunelm and your walks into town despite back issues; for @gennepher with your mobility issues but deep, deep love of the mysterious link between the external world and internal life. It works well even if you ignore any Christian message, IMHO. I like that part of N Norfolk much more than Breckland or Suffolk generally.
I do like the poem @ianpspurs and North Norfolk is my favourite part of Norfolk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

All is well in my garden.
Shadow (cat) is eating her breakfast.
And now got on my wooden swing and is swinging it.
Mrs Blackbird is watching, waiting for her turn at the cat biscuits.
The sparrows are playing.
Mr Magpie has his beady eye on the proceedings...
Just sounded the driveway dog barking alarm at him. He flew away.
A raven is on the cherry trees.
Heffalump (wood pigeon) has just landed on the 12 inch circular bird table, and brought his wife with him. He is gobbling up all the peanuts. Wife is not impressed.
The courting bluetits are still in bed...

A kaleidoscope from my garden in Laboscope and Procreate.

6F7E902E-AC65-4AEF-B0B6-876C09443501.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a dull old man on a dull second Sunday in Lent in Forest Heath and probably everywhere else. Swipey wanted my fbg to be 5.3 at 4.27 but it doesn't want me to trust what it shows, Elsie/Ketowetowoos or any lifestyle that might last even a whole 24 hrs. Quantum Physics interests me not one iota but I get the vibe dudes. I honestly don't set out to be a contrarian but I do have a very deep feeling that "this isn't right" - there is definitely "something better out there." I want delicious, nutritious, satiaticious and Swipey friendlyicous - heavy on the fish and salad please. Instead today is roast chicken day because promising to love JKP in front of God and a big audience means for life T2 or not. Moving on. @gennepher good news on the garden and wildlife front. Thanks for another splendid kaleidoscope (I'm becoming fluent in typing that
xbyhqaLqb4Tjbgipud7eg3RYWgwTvaaji51gu7nJPmGIyG69rr-TFcKQ-n1CwLa7ieE5xvkyOuLHSwSljJMbwazKRqJG7CyX8wPzWtgaAxpMq7wFRSa61yC6IAk4hIJCYqQr4JRg
) World news is heartbreaking, sport yesterday didn't "do it for me," COVID rates are rising (who could possibly have foreseen that?) but Amazon delivered more Assam leaves - what's not to like?

Reactions: mojo37 and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First Steps indeed. It reminds me that a lot of folk nowadays are missing out what is right in front of them, distracted from all the pleasures that surround them, by a small plastic screen streaming out fantasies that by on large make them feel inadequate.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

All is well in my garden.
Shadow (cat) is eating her breakfast.
And now got on my wooden swing and is swinging it.
Mrs Blackbird is watching, waiting for her turn at the cat biscuits.
The sparrows are playing.
Mr Magpie has his beady eye on the proceedings...
Just sounded the driveway dog barking alarm at him. He flew away.
A raven is on the cherry trees.
Heffalump (wood pigeon) has just landed on the 12 inch circular bird table, and brought his wife with him. He is gobbling up all the peanuts. Wife is not impressed.
The courting bluetits are still in bed...

A kaleidoscope from my garden in Laboscope and Procreate.

View attachment 53754
Nothing better than the ‘all is well’ cry in the garden and the order of the universe returning. Another lovely kaleidoscope. I searched for Popeye in the maze but then there he was, peering out of a vortex.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a dull old man on a dull second Sunday in Lent in Forest Heath and probably everywhere else. Swipey wanted my fbg to be 5.3 at 4.27 but it doesn't want me to trust what it shows, Elsie/Ketowetowoos or any lifestyle that might last even a whole 24 hrs. Quantum Physics interests me not one iota but I get the vibe dudes. I honestly don't set out to be a contrarian but I do have a very deep feeling that "this isn't right" - there is definitely "something better out there." I want delicious, nutritious, satiaticious and Swipey friendlyicous - heavy on the fish and salad please. Instead today is roast chicken day because promising to love JKP in front of God and a big audience means for life T2 or not. Moving on. @gennepher good news on the garden and wildlife front. Thanks for another splendid kaleidoscope (I'm becoming fluent in typing that
xbyhqaLqb4Tjbgipud7eg3RYWgwTvaaji51gu7nJPmGIyG69rr-TFcKQ-n1CwLa7ieE5xvkyOuLHSwSljJMbwazKRqJG7CyX8wPzWtgaAxpMq7wFRSa61yC6IAk4hIJCYqQr4JRg
) World news is heartbreaking, sport yesterday didn't "do it for me," COVID rates are rising (who could possibly have foreseen that?) but Amazon delivered more Assam leaves - what's not to like?
Enjoy Chicken Day - better than his brother Robin - too small a morsel. Well done to Amazon for the Assam road to enjoyment. Too much news can be very bad for mental health - I won’t watch it, merely scroll quickly through the relevant pages on the beeb web site - informed, even if with some bias, not overwhelmed.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. We are off to Gooderstone Water today for our Sunday walk. The cafe is at last open. A walk isn't the same without a cafe at the end.

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy Chicken Day - better than his brother Robin - too small a morsel. Well done to Amazon for the Assam road to enjoyment. Too much new can be very bad for mental health - I won’t watch it, merely scroll quickly through the relevant pages on the beeb web site - informed, even if with some bias, not overwhelmed.
Yes, that's exactly what I am doing. The news is too upsetting at the moment.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. We are off to Gooderstone Water today for our Sunday walk. The cafe is at last open. A walk isn't the same without a cafe at the end.
Lionel Blue was fond of saying Chicken Soup for the soul but maybe we can re-purpose (so very woke, dontcha know) that as sausage roll and coffee for the soul? I hope the weather is more friendly there than it is here.