What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and all mothers, past, present and future on this Mothering Sunday.
Bloods this morning were 5.6.
I got back to Tilehurst Towers about 4:30 pm yesterday from my all too brief sojourn into the dark and dangerous norf. I met up with a few motorcycling friends that I had not see for a few years and definitely not since covid, we met up in a rather cobble strewn town call Richmond perched on the side of a hill, the koffy and banter flowed, food was consumed….Biker food…
I like going up’t norf and really missed not going up and can heartily recommend not making the ride when you are not riding fit.
Hope fully attached is a picture of the distance up and back to my accommodation View attachment 53964
That is some distance away @alf_Josiah
I can't even do that in a car now :(
So I think you have done well!!!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Jojo85

Hello all!

Fbg at 6am was 5.7

Snacked on low carb chocolate and icecream past 10pm last night so I expected higher...even tho they were low carb snacks, if I eat late my fbg is higher

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings Worldwide Diabetes Massive. Swipey was insistent that I be 5.2 whereas I think I always suit a 4.2 better. Howsomever, it is all go - especially the hour purloined by some capricious entity. Are you, in the UK, a Mother's day or Mothering Sunday kinda person? Slow learner here finally clicked it is always Lent 4. What kind of hideous monstrosity would a LC Simnel cake be anyhow? Here's a sonnet for all mothers (the "blurb" has poignancy with the war in Ukraine, IMHO). @dunelm thanks for the art. @gennepher and yourself may feel heartened based on the attached. Too pharisaical for my liking. JKP said there was a 10 deep queue at the local card shop. Surely any card or recognition is better than none?. Yesterday I strimmed the graves of my parents, my grandparents and uncle (buried next to my parents) - the grave of one set of great grandparents is very close but didn't need strimming. JKP lovingly arranged flowers on the graves of my parents and grandparents - we didn't grow them. @Krystyna23040 a winner for Grantchester watching. A most salabrious village so I think you'd fit nicely. Would Mr K enjoy supper with Mr Archer? Today number 3 son will host Sunday roast for us and Nanny London. Take care and stay safe, definitely don't “give away your wicket" like English batsmen, eh Foakes?
Thank you @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg...still taking a sabbatical while I alter one thing in my diet. And will start readings again in a few days.

These darned clocks.
My inner clock still says 7:48
My iPad clock says 8:48
I am going with 7:48
I am not changing the clocks today...

I did wake up at dawn, saw Shadow waiting on my swing looking at me, but as I was removing the bed covers, my head hit the pillow again, and I was sound asleep again. Woke up awhile later and Shadow was still sitting there. It was her right to be first customer of the day and she was guarding that spot. So I go to the study, open the door, Shadow shoots in, and gives me an ungrateful clout for being late this morning. I put dry food and wet food out. Two bowls of wet food, and some dry cat biscuits later, and then she shoots off.

Manky Ginger comes in. And stares at me with his penetrating green eyes. I put more wet food out. Get back in bed with another cuppa. He comes strolling down the garden path, checks out the dishes, then goes for the biscuits...stares at me again through my glass door, then tries the wet food. It passes muster. Two absolutely polished clean bowls. He always eats very delicately and takes his time, unlike impatient Shadow who always bolts her food down like it is going to be snatched away any second.

Mr Blackbird was next in the queue behind Manky Ginger. He was actually waiting on the garden path, in full sight of, behind Manky Ginger as he was delicately eating. Oh it is okay says Mr Blackbird, your garden is a safe haven, all life is protected here. And I am mentally telling him that it might be wise to err on the side of caution. So, he nips into the undergrowth just for a few seconds while Manky Ginger leaves, then Mr Blackbird comes out and hops to the dry cat biscuits...

After a lot of deliberation yesterday, I decided to introduce Oz 10 year old grandson to ZenBrush2. So I sent details, YouTube vids and some of my paintings with it....

Kaleidoscope today with Laboscope. It's my white garden chair legs and a branch lopper on the outside of the circle...

Coffee needed now...

View attachment 53956
Zen brush 2 should be a winner and he could then transit to ‘Brushes’ and be the new David Hockney. Smashing kaleidoscope, turned out very well this one.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and all mothers, past, present and future on this Mothering Sunday.
Bloods this morning were 5.6.
I got back to Tilehurst Towers about 4:30 pm yesterday from my all too brief sojourn into the dark and dangerous norf. I met up with a few motorcycling friends that I had not see for a few years and definitely not since covid, we met up in a rather cobble strewn town call Richmond perched on the side of a hill, the koffy and banter flowed, food was consumed….Biker food…
I like going up’t norf and really missed not going up and can heartily recommend not making the ride when you are not riding fit.
Hope fully attached is a picture of the distance up and back to my accommodation View attachment 53964
Top journey and meeting up with old friends would have been great after not venturing out for so long.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all!

Fbg at 6am was 5.7

Snacked on low carb chocolate and icecream past 10pm last night so I expected higher...even tho they were low carb snacks, if I eat late my fbg is higher

Good reading after such late night snacking

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a sad and overcast looking start here in the dark and dangerous north. Mrs Miggins arrived home after a delayed flight, past being tired and wanting to hog the washing machine with a suitcase full of laundry. Why people take their laundry on holiday escapes me. We went off for a late breakfast and then it was the girl in the bubble for the afternoon and then an overnight while mum and dad went to an engagement party. They tiny terror is still sleeping but will be off out with those ladies that do lunch this morning although she does sensibly take her own food and just pinch a slice of toast. No building or decorating this week (unless of course Mrs Miggins tells me otherwise) so I shall have a pleasant day without having to provide builders with mugs of builders.
Art bit - thoughts of spring. Hope you all have a wonderful day after all those excesses of yesterday (I got to put flowers into a vase). Best make some koffy.

upload_2022-3-28_7-35-46.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all!

Fbg at 6am was 5.7

Yes, that happens to me also even if the snack is zero carbs. Although you had a really good fbs even with the late night snack.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Once in a blue moon (perhaps once every 3 years) I get horrible indigestion in the middle of the night. Last night it revisited so I had a rubbish nights sleep. No idea why it happens.

Luckily we found a bottle of Gaviscon. I didn't dare look at the best before date as I think that we have had it quite a long time.

Good that I have got a long break today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a sad and overcast looking start here in the dark and dangerous north. Mrs Miggins arrived home after a delayed flight, past being tired and wanting to hog the washing machine with a suitcase full of laundry. Why people take their laundry on holiday escapes me. We went off for a late breakfast and then it was the girl in the bubble for the afternoon and then an overnight while mum and dad went to an engagement party. They tiny terror is still sleeping but will be off out with those ladies that do lunch this morning although she does sensibly take her own food and just pinch a slice of toast. No building or decorating this week (unless of course Mrs Miggins tells me otherwise) so I shall have a pleasant day without having to provide builders with mugs of builders.
Art bit - thoughts of spring. Hope you all have a wonderful day after all those excesses of yesterday (I got to put flowers into a vase). Best make some koffy.

View attachment 53971
Great dramatic spring scale on Art bit @dunelm

Enjoy your coffee...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was 7.9
Can’t work out what the eke is happening lately with my BG levels Saturday Sunday and today my BG on waking have been in the low to high 7s
Supper has usual at 9 pm we have a coffee no extras nothing more than what’s here.
But after Sunday evening meal it shot to 10.8 we had roast beef gravy, 1 small potato roasted, cauliflower cheese and carrots and turnip.cup tea
Lunch was bread roll with bacon and cheese slice cup tea,
Breakfast was usual 100g pot of Greek yogurt with fresh berries cup coffee

A few years ago when I was last on this site when you had an unusual high morning BG reading it was said this was a liver dump, not sure if this is what this is, but I have noticed has I’ve said previously my body doesn’t seem able to process carbs very well hence doctor put me on Gliclizide, but this medication sent me into a hypo within a short time of taking it. So they told me to stop taking Gliclizide last week, can’t work out what to do take the Gliclizide and put up with hypo’s which if I have something to eat the hypo subsides, or not take the Gliclizide and just eliminate carbs from my foods altogether.
Any others who have experienced this sort of problems what did you do about it?????K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg... still experimenting with food...

Manky ginger asked why gennepher's cat diner was not open at first light, and stares at me with intense green eyes.

gennepher is still drinking coffee and tea...

Finally gennepher opens the study door, and Shadow rushes right in. Shadow is very impatient while I am washing the cat dishes that have been soaking all night. She impatiently rubs my legs. Finally I get outside with dry and wet food. Two bowls of wet food she gobbles up like I never feed her. And leaves, stage right...
I refill. And give the birds some peanuts on the tiny bird table.

Mrs Blackbird is next. She has a four course breakfast. One peanut, some pecks of the fatballs, then jumps down to the cat bowls, partakes of one bowl of cat biscuits, then tries the second bowl. It passes muster so she takes some away with her.

Next in line is Mr Magpie who decides on a 2course breakfast. First is some peanuts, and then he jumps down to the cat bowl, and gets some dry biscuits which he takes away with him.

Mr Blackbird just takes some cat biscuits and flies away.

Now Manky ginger enjoying breakfast...

Now I need another cuppa tea...

Kaleidoscope is in Laboscope, and is another angle on the snowdrops of a couple of days ago.

Oh, and yesterday I had a bumble bee in my kitchen that refused to leave, so I threw a tea towel over him and put him outside, but I found him an hour later walking on the concrete. Why? I concluded he might be exhausted. He may have been in the kitchen a few days. I hadn't been wearing my sound processor but I wouldn't have heard him. Threw a tea towel over him again, and carried him through the bungalow and put him on a celandine flower which he promptly hugged to death. An hour later after hugging all the celandines, I saw him on a buttercup which he was also hugging the entire flower, his head buried in the pollen bit...

720330BC-ABF8-4282-B963-2B43F23E1A16.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the first normal day for here in Tilehurst Towers since my return, Yesterday our youngest son and wife who reside in Mordor ( London ) came for lunch, must have been Mother’s Day.
Bloods this morning were 6.8, eating at different times and quantities etc, etc, etc.
@Granny_grump_ , sorry I cannot offer any advice, but a hug.
Well fellow posters and painters today is spoken for, in fact lots to do, what gets done is another thing.
Koffy now calls.
LFT now done, clear thankfully. Question for you all, how does one reset your body clock, it feels like I am up an hour earlier.
Stay safe all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday, Monday so variable to y'all. Dull, cool and vaguely unpleasant in the (far from) Exotic East. Swipey offered a distinctly beige 5.1 this morning. Hugs for: the indigestion @Krystyna23040; the elevated levels @Granny_grump_; time travel @alf_Josiah - that was definitely a pilgrimage however much you protest. Thanks for the art @dunelm and the kaleidoscope @gennepher. Four generations assembled for a Mothering Sunday meal yesterday. A treat planned and cooked by No 3 son so one up on the meal out routine. @gennepher I'm also testing a few foods since this Swipey seems relatively reliable and there aren't any scans planned for a while. On Saturday I tried a Carb Killa peanut butter ice cream bar - don't judge me - nice flat line. The white chocolate cookie ones are next on the list. Brownies based on this also give a flat line but work is needed to disguise the unpleasant (very restrained Ian, good boy) aftertaste of erythritol. Eating cheese afterwards is a solution but The Food Fairy is on the case - walnut and coffee version? Y'all take care and keep those thermals handy.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was 7.9
Can’t work out what the eke is happening lately with my BG levels Saturday Sunday and today my BG on waking have been in the low to high 7s
Supper has usual at 9 pm we have a coffee no extras nothing more than what’s here.
But after Sunday evening meal it shot to 10.8 we had roast beef gravy, 1 small potato roasted, cauliflower cheese and carrots and turnip.cup tea
Lunch was bread roll with bacon and cheese slice cup tea,
Breakfast was usual 100g pot of Greek yogurt with fresh berries cup coffee

A few years ago when I was last on this site when you had an unusual high morning BG reading it was said this was a liver dump, not sure if this is what this is, but I have noticed has I’ve said previously my body doesn’t seem able to process carbs very well hence doctor put me on Gliclizide, but this medication sent me into a hypo within a short time of taking it. So they told me to stop taking Gliclizide last week, can’t work out what to do take the Gliclizide and put up with hypo’s which if I have something to eat the hypo subsides, or not take the Gliclizide and just eliminate carbs from my foods altogether.
Any others who have experienced this sort of problems what did you do about it?????K
I don’t take any medication so unable to help with this one. I hope that you can find a pathway through it - could it be dose related - maybe too high a dose at present - just a thought.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg... still experimenting with food...

Manky ginger asked why gennepher's cat diner was not open at first light, and stares at me with intense green eyes.

gennepher is still drinking coffee and tea...

Finally gennepher opens the study door, and Shadow rushes right in. Shadow is very impatient while I am washing the cat dishes that have been soaking all night. She impatiently rubs my legs. Finally I get outside with dry and wet food. Two bowls of wet food she gobbles up like I never feed her. And leaves, stage right...
I refill. And give the birds some peanuts on the tiny bird table.

Mrs Blackbird is next. She has a four course breakfast. One peanut, some pecks of the fatballs, then jumps down to the cat bowls, partakes of one bowl of cat biscuits, then tries the second bowl. It passes muster so she takes some away with her.

Next in line is Mr Magpie who decides on a 2course breakfast. First is some peanuts, and then he jumps down to the cat bowl, and gets some dry biscuits which he takes away with him.

Mr Blackbird just takes some cat biscuits and flies away.

Now Manky ginger enjoying breakfast...

Now I need another cuppa tea...

Kaleidoscope is in Laboscope, and is another angle on the snowdrops of a couple of days ago.

Oh, and yesterday I had a bumble bee in my kitchen that refused to leave, so I threw a tea towel over him and put him outside, but I found him an hour later walking on the concrete. Why? I concluded he might be exhausted. He may have been in the kitchen a few days. I hadn't been wearing my sound processor but I wouldn't have heard him. Threw a tea towel over him again, and carried him through the bungalow and put him on a celandine flower which he promptly hugged to death. An hour later after hugging all the celandines, I saw him on a buttercup which he was also hugging the entire flower, his head buried in the pollen bit...

View attachment 53972
Another kaleidoscopic smasher. I am wondering if you are now in line to be hose servant to two cats? We had a bumble bee yesterday morning, sat resting on the decking and I wondered if it was a queen - they seem to rest for ages. After about 20 minutes it packed it’s bag and decided to visit the flowers.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday, Monday so variable to y'all. Dull, cool and vaguely unpleasant in the (far from) Exotic East. Swipey offered a distinctly beige 5.1 this morning. Hugs for: the indigestion @Krystyna23040; the elevated levels @Granny_grump_; time travel @alf_Josiah - that was definitely a pilgrimage however much you protest. Thanks for the art @dunelm and the kaleidoscope @gennepher. Four generations assembled for a Mothering Sunday meal yesterday. A treat planned and cooked by No 3 son so one up on the meal out routine. @gennepher I'm also testing a few foods since this Swipey seems relatively reliable and there aren't any scans planned for a while. On Saturday I tried a Carb Killa peanut butter ice cream bar - don't judge me - nice flat line. The white chocolate cookie ones are next on the list. Brownies based on this also give a flat line but work is needed to disguise the unpleasant (very restrained Ian, good boy) aftertaste of erythritol. eating cheese afterwards is a solution but The Food Fairy is on the case - walnut and coffee version? Y'all take care and keep those thermals handy.
Thanks @ianpspurs
My cheese consumption also goes up if I eat something I do not like the taste of...