What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another kaleidoscopic smasher. I am wondering if you are now in line to be hose servant to two cats? We had a bumble bee yesterday morning, sat resting on the decking and I wondered if it was a queen - they seem to rest for ages. After about 20 minutes it packed it’s bag and decided to visit the flowers.
Thanks @dunelm
Shadow is winning, she has just investigated several rooms in my bungalow, but shot out when she saw I had seen her.
Perhaps she needs the place redecorated and reorganised for her....

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for: the indigestion
@ianpspurs today I suddenly realised why I had that awful indigestion. I hadn't drunk any water at all yesterday. Somehow I had completely forgotten and had just drunk coffee.

If I don't drink water I get indigestion and heartburn. Luckily I very rarely forget to drink water these days.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs today I suddenly realised why I had that awful indigestion. I hadn't drunk any water at all yesterday. Somehow I had completely forgotten and had just drunk coffee.

If I don't drink water I get indigestion and heartburn. Luckily I very rarely forget to drink water these days.
Shame about yesterday but good that you realised how to avoid repeats. How were the walk and sausage roll yesterday? Please don't tell me you forgot the SR #devastatedforMrK.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Shame about yesterday but good that you realised how to avoid repeats. How were the walk and sausage roll yesterday? Please don't tell me you forgot the SR #devastatedforMrK.
The walk was lovely and I definitely didn't forget Mr K's SR.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning Everyone BG this morning was 7.9
Can’t work out what the eke is happening lately with my BG levels Saturday Sunday and today my BG on waking have been in the low to high 7s
Supper has usual at 9 pm we have a coffee no extras nothing more than what’s here.
But after Sunday evening meal it shot to 10.8 we had roast beef gravy, 1 small potato roasted, cauliflower cheese and carrots and turnip.cup tea
Lunch was bread roll with bacon and cheese slice cup tea,
Breakfast was usual 100g pot of Greek yogurt with fresh berries cup coffee

A few years ago when I was last on this site when you had an unusual high morning BG reading it was said this was a liver dump, not sure if this is what this is, but I have noticed has I’ve said previously my body doesn’t seem able to process carbs very well hence doctor put me on Gliclizide, but this medication sent me into a hypo within a short time of taking it. So they told me to stop taking Gliclizide last week, can’t work out what to do take the Gliclizide and put up with hypo’s which if I have something to eat the hypo subsides, or not take the Gliclizide and just eliminate carbs from my foods altogether.
Any others who have experienced this sort of problems what did you do about it?????K
@Granny_grump_ I had similar problems with injecting insulin. Life became a lot easier when I cut carbs to 20g a day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Granny_grump_ I had similar problems with injecting insulin. Life became a lot easier when I cut carbs to 20g a day.
@Krystyna23040
Thank you for that information I will look at what that looks like with foods I eat in my everyday foods.
No idea what 20g of any carbs look like, but I will check the carbs on foods I eat. K

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Krystyna23040
Thank you for that information I will look at what that looks like with foods I eat in my everyday foods.
No idea what 20g of any carbs look like, but I will check the carbs on foods I eat. K
I eat under 20 carbs as well @Granny_grump_
Or else my readings are high.
I used to use this
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/carbs-cals-diet-diabetes/id388459613

But now I use this
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stupid-simple-keto-diet-app/id960574905
It is not that I am doing Keto, but I find it easy to track my carbs etc.

There are loads of other apps.
Maybe someone can suggest a better one?

Jojo85

Good morning,

8am fbg was 5.2
Really pleased with that as it was my nieces 4th birthday yesterday and I overindulged in low carb foods but still overate. Had a bite or two of dessert lol
Back to intermittent fasting and counting carbs/calories

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen and all mothers, past, present and future on this Mothering Sunday.
Bloods this morning were 5.6.
I got back to Tilehurst Towers about 4:30 pm yesterday from my all too brief sojourn into the dark and dangerous norf. I met up with a few motorcycling friends that I had not see for a few years and definitely not since covid, we met up in a rather cobble strewn town call Richmond perched on the side of a hill, the koffy and banter flowed, food was consumed….Biker food…
I like going up’t norf and really missed not going up and can heartily recommend not making the ride when you are not riding fit.
Hope fully attached is a picture of the distance up and back to my accommodation View attachment 53964

An epic journey, @alf_Josiah

Well jel, as they say around these here parts, apparently.

Fantastic, wind in your face an open road
Alone with your thoughts as the world slip by you

And to top it all, a meet up with mates.

Simply the best kind of trip..

Dust off, sit & chill, sip the tea, and refect how lucky we are sometimes

Good to be home, for sure, but then the mind wanders to the next adventure .

We're all frodo at heart.

Bravo, Alf...hardcore
And ironbutt challenge, conquered.:D:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning. Once in a blue moon (perhaps once every 3 years) I get horrible indigestion in the middle of the night. Last night it revisited so I had a rubbish nights sleep. No idea why it happens.

Luckily we found a bottle of Gaviscon. I didn't dare look at the best before date as I think that we have had it quite a long time.

Good that I have got a long break today.
Ooh. So not nice.

But good use of cupboard Roulette..;)

Good you realised what caused it, though :)

I don't often get indigestion, but I certainly suffered heartburn, something wicked pre LCHF & DX.

Rennie a constant in the meds cabinet
Resting in retirement up until recently .

Diet shot to pot after hospital, once home mixed messages to dietary recovery, so I too rolled a six, from heavens knows when, with the Rennie

Must be pre aug 2018 .

Worked :)
Not dead yet :D

Here's to indi free for you, from now on :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg... still experimenting with food...

Manky ginger asked why gennepher's cat diner was not open at first light, and stares at me with intense green eyes.

gennepher is still drinking coffee and tea...

Finally gennepher opens the study door, and Shadow rushes right in. Shadow is very impatient while I am washing the cat dishes that have been soaking all night. She impatiently rubs my legs. Finally I get outside with dry and wet food. Two bowls of wet food she gobbles up like I never feed her. And leaves, stage right...
I refill. And give the birds some peanuts on the tiny bird table.

Mrs Blackbird is next. She has a four course breakfast. One peanut, some pecks of the fatballs, then jumps down to the cat bowls, partakes of one bowl of cat biscuits, then tries the second bowl. It passes muster so she takes some away with her.

Next in line is Mr Magpie who decides on a 2course breakfast. First is some peanuts, and then he jumps down to the cat bowl, and gets some dry biscuits which he takes away with him.

Mr Blackbird just takes some cat biscuits and flies away.

Now Manky ginger enjoying breakfast...

Now I need another cuppa tea...

Kaleidoscope is in Laboscope, and is another angle on the snowdrops of a couple of days ago.

Oh, and yesterday I had a bumble bee in my kitchen that refused to leave, so I threw a tea towel over him and put him outside, but I found him an hour later walking on the concrete. Why? I concluded he might be exhausted. He may have been in the kitchen a few days. I hadn't been wearing my sound processor but I wouldn't have heard him. Threw a tea towel over him again, and carried him through the bungalow and put him on a celandine flower which he promptly hugged to death. An hour later after hugging all the celandines, I saw him on a buttercup which he was also hugging the entire flower, his head buried in the pollen bit...

View attachment 53972

Hi @gennepher

Enjoying 'tales from the garden"

I very almost hear jack Hargreaves, gently introducing the upcoming segment,, before passing over to you, live from the garden

Sounds a delightful day all round

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg...still experimenting with foods...not successfully this time...my body tells me without me having to use the meter :(
So changing again today.

Yesterday was an invasion of my stray cats...(no new ones, thank goodness)
Everywhere I looked from dawn until sunset, there was a cat sitting, looking at me, maybe having an explore of my bungalow. And one came into the kitchen (from the kitchen door where I was working on my easily accessible vegetable garden using tote on garden chairs), and then sat by the kitchen door as though she owned the place. The cat diner is at the back I told her, but she just sat watching me. When I went for a rest in the potting shed, Biscuit (orange ginger), was sat perfectly still, watching me, by the path as I made my way to the potting shed. And earlier on when my glass bedroom door was shut and I was having a cuppa in bed, Calico came for breakfast, and she always looks scared. I spoke a few soft words to her, and her eyes partially closed in a friendly manner which seemed to say, yeah I know you are my friend. Really weird from her.

Everything normal at gennepher's cat diner this morning. Shadow impatiently shot inside the bungalow as I am preparing breakfast. Once she has gone, Mr Blackbird dives into the dry cat biscuits....and so it goes on...

There was a thick mist first thing, I could barely see in front of my nose outside.

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope pointed at honeysuckle and branches and the sky.
Put in Procreate to draw Popeye.
Then Snapseed for name and frame.

It is hayfever season very early this year. So much pollen from the willow catkins. I had to close my bedroom window last night and put my ioniser, and my air purifier on so I could at least breathe to go to sleep.

Another coffee needed.
And a nap...

796F6375-4C42-491F-A036-34107122C05F.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg...still experimenting with foods...not successfully this time...my body tells me without me having to use the meter :(
So changing again today.

Yesterday was an invasion of my stray cats...(no new ones, thank goodness)
Everywhere I looked from dawn until sunset, there was a cat sitting, looking at me, maybe having an explore of my bungalow. And one came into the kitchen (from the kitchen door where I was working on my easily accessible vegetable garden using tote on garden chairs), and then sat by the kitchen door as though she owned the place. The cat diner is at the back I told her, but she just sat watching me. When I went for a rest in the potting shed, Biscuit (orange ginger), was sat perfectly still, watching me, by the path as I made my way to the potting shed. And earlier on when my glass bedroom door was shut and I was having a cuppa in bed, Calico came for breakfast, and she always looks scared. I spoke a few soft words to her, and her eyes partially closed in a friendly manner which seemed to say, yeah I know you are my friend. Really weird from her.

Everything normal at gennepher's cat diner this morning. Shadow impatiently shot inside the bungalow as I am preparing breakfast. Once she has gone, Mr Blackbird dives into the dry cat biscuits....and so it goes on...

There was a thick mist first thing, I could barely see in front of my nose outside.

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope pointed at honeysuckle and branches and the sky.
Put in Procreate to draw Popeye.
Then Snapseed for name and frame.

It is hayfever season very early this year. So much pollen from the willow catkins. I had to close my bedroom window last night and put my ioniser, and my air purifier on so I could at least breathe to go to sleep.

Another coffee needed.
And a nap...

View attachment 53981
Big hugs for the hayfever hanging arround in cat city. Interesting little details in the kaleidoscopic art this morning.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

An infrequent check of FBG last few days.

An inspiring 6.7 with a more usual smattering of bond inspired 007.1 and thereabouts sadly

Diet drifting back to more LCHF terms.
Meds however been a bit more tricky

Currently only on
Paracetamol
Codeine
Amitriptyline

Got paracetamol taken off my prescriptions as " they're cheap as chips"
And codeine I had to haggle for as "they can be addictive"and reduced to one, WHEN needed, as part of my side of the bargain
And amil upped to cover shortfall

All good advice I guess ...
Except, now I'm doing more Inc physio, pain is near constant

Not the OMG type, but the running under the surface kind, where you are constantly braced for a sudden increase and disturbance, and then sit quietly as it just nags away for ages until meds kick in ...

The kind of meds that should be on a regular cycle perhaps to soothe the pain wave ..mmhh.

Moaned about paracetamol, as yes cheap as chips, but not sure what it's like elsewhere, but it's restricted one pack only, in most stores

So I feel like some crime boss sending people out to source my drugs, from different stores

Not something I want to do or can manage myself on a daily basis :rolleyes:

But good sense had prevailed, paracetamol back on my prescription..:D

The amil was to relax the nerves, numb some pain

Works well.
Except 2 tablets has me a little zombie like on waking...so cutting back to 1.
(Only really take at night), was meant for shoulder..healing quite well now, not given me any issues while sleeping .
Same can't be said of hand /wrist, sadly

The use of it plus the passive physio leaves that 'tight elastic band " feeling around the wrist

However I lay it in bed, is causing a nagging pain ..and the amitriptyline seems to help ease it,
But i now double up with some codeine too

One or two very poor nights rest without it, just doesn't seem a fair exchange .

I'll just have to do my best and not turn into begsby or one of the others from trainspotting.;)

Enjoy the day
Dull & overcast here in the capital :sorry:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north
A late start, koffy already on the go and wondering what today will bring. Mrs Miggins has dropped the girl in the bubble off at nursery and will be taking here swimming when she picks her back up at 1130. A new inflatable ring has made an appearance as the tiny and delicate sweetheart has decided that arm bands are really not for her, as everyone for miles was informed in no uncertain terms the last time that they were fitted. How do such small people make such loud noises?
Art bit - dark and dangerous skies. Have a wonderful day if you can. I have drunk my koffy and taken my pills so better lounge about for a while and then make more koffy.

upload_2022-3-29_8-38-34.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

An inspiring 6.7 with a more usual smattering of bond inspired 007.1 and thereabouts sadly

Currently only on
Paracetamol
Codeine
Amitriptyline

And codeine I had to haggle for as "they can be addictive"and reduced to one, WHEN needed, as part of my side of the bargain

Not the OMG type, but the running under the surface kind, where you are constantly braced for a sudden increase and disturbance, and then sit quietly as it just nags away for ages until meds kick in ...

The kind of meds that should be on a regular cycle perhaps to soothe the pain wave ..mmhh.

Moaned about paracetamol, as yes cheap as chips, but not sure what it's like elsewhere, but it's restricted one pack only, in most stores

So I feel like some crime boss sending people out to source my drugs, from different stores

Works well.
(Only really take at night), was meant for shoulder..healing quite well now, not given me any issues while sleeping .

The use of it plus the passive physio leaves that 'tight elastic band " feeling around the wrist

However I lay it in bed, is causing a nagging pain ..and the amitriptyline seems to help ease it,

One or two very poor nights rest without it, just doesn't seem a fair exchange .

I'll just have to do my best and not turn into begsby or one of the others from trainspotting.;)

Enjoy the day
Sounds very much like my regime - paracetamol and ibuprofen two of each first thing in the morning unless it’s really bad then “hello my buddy tramadol”. Amitriptyline - I find that two hours before I go to bed works best at numbing the buzzing pain. Doctor did tell me that I could take up to three! Bad idea I found once I had returned from Zombi land sometime during the following afternoon. Oh what fun.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who suffer from shifting time zones.
A 6.2 on that meter, you know, THAT meter, Mr PHD in deviousness.

Did you have big plans and lists drawn up for yesterday? Me, me’s and myself did, what a waste of time. I think I shall use the same list for today, wish me luck.
Mrs J has a blood test this morning, I wish the feelmybottomist luck trying to penetrate her scales.
Well stay safe all and koffy is calling loudly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @gennepher

Enjoying 'tales from the garden"

I very almost hear jack Hargreaves, gently introducing the upcoming segment,, before passing over to you, live from the garden

Sounds a delightful day all round
Just watched that Jack Hargreaves video @jjraak
Brilliant.
I know all those things, seen then first hand as a child. My Grandad taught me stuff with wood. I had a whittling knife then, he taught me how to whittle. Also in the copse near where we lived, there was charcoal burning.
I use the wood/branches in my garden for other things even now...I cannot imagine not using the stuff in my garden to make things :)
So, you are very close to home with that YouTube video :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning all.

Currently only on
Paracetamol
Codeine
Amitriptyline

Works well.

Enjoy the day

Ouch, springs to mind, hope you are drinking plenty of water to counter the well known side effects of codeine. If you lived nearer we would add paracetamol onto our shopping list for you. But the suburb of Mordor named Outer Mongolia is just a bit far away. Recover slowly, recover well fellow greaser.