What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
6.5 today.
Lawn cut and trimmed, filled in a few spaces in my latest gardening effort in the back.
Sun is shining bright but the coolness in the air is still preventing warmth, though I have time in the garden today (at long last) and I nearly perspired from the few minutes the wind dropped.
Chores and shopping done, tea is steak. And will slowly cook it.

Our ex MP died overnight.
He was MP for a long time then a lord.
The best I can describe him, was he did a lot on poverty, advising both Labour under Blair and tory Cameron.
For that last bit he was replaced.

I will tell another story about him another day, as it is inappropriate today.
RIP sir.

Television is fixed and working well enough for the Derby tonight.
Who wins will mean a lot to fellow Scousers but not for our family.
When on holiday, you get asked wether a blue or a red?
A white is the reply.
I support my home town team, who play in all white.
They always look bemused.
Then ask, which of the two premier league teams, you support?
I don't!
And hope they both lose!
Footie eh?

Doing this in the garden, in the sun, getting some rays, before winter is back and the rain from tomorrow.
Aaaazgggggghhhhh!

My best wishes to you lot as always.
Keep up the good work.
Get some rays while you can, it's nearly summer, or winter again, or who knows, can we get above fifteen degrees around here this year?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.3

Day time wildlife video
Magpie steals the cat's breakfast
37secs

Creative is...
I was sitting out there this morning on my rocking chair.
My feet were on a garden chair.
Half a dozen snails were parading round the top of the garden chair, and the magpie was stealing Jade's food from under the swing, he had pulled the bowl out...

I am holding a small paper cup of fruits...strawberries, blackberries, and more. They were my nibbles.

I went indoors for a minute. Put my paper cup of fruit nibbles down. Came back out to find the magpie had stolen them....

Sigh...

Have your best day...

IMG_6999.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
T
Morning all from a windy and chilly L.A. on a Wednesday when I have mistakenly wheeled out the blue bin. @dunelm have a safe and stress free journey and enjoy precious time with your parents. Opinions will vary but mine is that swapping the North East for Bordeaux is akin to swapping economy for first class. Thank you for sharing the art. @Annb hug for the tale of woe in your home. @SlimLizzy thank you for the kind thoughts. My tastes had changed before that was dx'd and treatment commenced but digestive issues are a known side effect of one part of the treatment. Loperamide is dolled out like smarties, no questions asked. I'm trying to work out which foods or meals are the biggest problem. Enjoy Wednesday not Thursday.
Thank you @ianpspurs - good transport in Bordeaux, first class

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.3

Day time wildlife video
37secs

Creative is...
Half a dozen snails were parading round the top of the garden chair, and the magpie was stealing Jade's food from under the swing, he had pulled the bowl out...

I am holding a small paper cup of fruits...strawberries, blackberries, and more. They were my nibbles.

I went indoors for a minute. Put my paper cup of fruit nibbles down. Came back out to find the magpie had stolen them....

Sigh...

Have your best day...

View attachment 67323
Thank you for sharing the creative. I couldn't decide if you needed a hug, winner for seeing the humour or the Magpie being a Magpie was just funny at least when it didn't happen to me. Sorry.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 7.3

Day time wildlife video
37secs

Creative is...

Sigh...

Have your best day...

View attachment 67323
Never mind the cats breakfast, sounds like it was a bit of a dog's breakfast!!!!!
Like the artwork tho.

Hope you don't get a chill with sitting out in the garden.
At 8am, I had four layers on going for a walk for five minutes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never mind the cats breakfast, sounds like it was a bit of a dog's breakfast!!!!!
Like the artwork tho.

Hope you don't get a chill with sitting out in the garden.
At 8am, I had four layers on going for a walk for five minutes.
This weather is very up and down as regards temperature. I am okay sitting out at 8am, but a couple of hours later I do start to feel a chill....

Thanks for the artwork compliment @Lamont D

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.3

Day time wildlife video
37secs

Creative is...

Sigh...

Have your best day...

View attachment 67323
What a naughty magpie @gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good early morning from the one hour into the future that is French Froggy France. An exhausting 16 hour journey of mainly hanging about yesterday, in part because our flight didn’t take off in time and we missed our connecting train - blast, a three hour wait and only three restaurants to choose from opposite the railway station. Still, my parents were pleased to see us and that is the name of the game. Smashing seafood salad last night and some wine from Blaye (Côtes de Bordeaux). Early to bed and slept for 10 hours - not done that for several years. I think we are going to have lunch at my parents favourite restaurant today after mum’s home help has been. Mrs Miggins and I will be going round to E.Leclerc supermarket to ogle at cheese, wine and the fish counters once she emerges from her cryogenic sleep. Art bit - what ended up as a couple of trees that I did a couple of days ago. Hope you all have a pleasant day, we shall be basking in 15 degrees of centigrade - I know, but it’s better than a mere 3 or 4. Best raid dad’s koffy stash.

1714019545386.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good early morning from the one hour into the future that is French Froggy France. An exhausting 16 hour journey of mainly hanging about yesterday, in part because our flight didn’t take off in time and we missed our connecting train - blast, a three hour wait and only three restaurants to choose from opposite the railway station. Still, my parents were pleased to see us and that is the name of the game. Smashing seafood salad last night and some wine from Blaye (Côtes de Bordeaux). Early to bed and slept for 10 hours - not done that for several years. I think we are going to have lunch at my parents favourite restaurant today after mum’s home help has been. Mrs Miggins and I will be going round to E.Leclerc supermarket to ogle at cheese, wine and the fish counters once she emerges from her cryogenic sleep. Art bit - what ended up as a couple of trees that I did a couple of days ago. Hope you all have a pleasant day, we shall be basking in 15 degrees of centigrade - I know, but it’s better than a mere 3 or 4. Best raid dad’s koffy stash.

View attachment 67332
Wow I love these trees @dunelm
Amazing style...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
That's what I am scared will happen to me.
I think the mental effects of the vitd3 deprivation have had a lot to do with this. Strange how it has such a devastating effect. Am still fighting with these sad thoughts, guilt and lack of motivation sometimes, especially at the end of the month when I am nearly due the next massive dose of VitD3. Obviously not built up any reserves even after three months taking the foul stuff.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That is so easy to do @SlimLizzy
I realise that...
MrSlim is not always very helpful here either. He will be having bread and cheese late in the evening and bring me some too.... or buy cakes when he goes shopping... very hard to resist. Plus the conversation group on friday always has cake or biscuits. Often made by me.
His dietary requirements are exactly opposite to mine. Little protein, lots of white carbs, which means there is always "forbidden" food such as biscuits in the house.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
FBG 6.0
Set out ingredients to make grain free granola on return from shopping, missing one item. Perhaps a return to healthy breakfast, instead of just coffee will help with willpower. Well I can hope. Weather is finally warming up after prolonged cold spell. 7°C this morning. For about a week has been about 1°C -2°C in the greenhouse some rather unhappy looking tomatoes as a result.
Early this morning
20240425_085924.jpg

Welcome at the front of the house, but with voracious appetite not so much in the vegetable patch.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was 3.0 at 8 AM now after a cup of coffee and a biscuit 4.6 the visible app tells me my system way out of balance and that I should plan a quieter day today so I may put my waterproofs on and sit out in the rain for a while.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He's doing it now this morning @Krystyna23040

Poor Jade, the badger puts her bedding into disarray in the night, and the magpie steals Jade's food in the day.

This is not a very well run establishment is it?
I think it is a very well run establishment @gennepher and all the animals and birds definitely feel at home there.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the mental effects of the vitd3 deprivation have had a lot to do with this. Strange how it has such a devastating effect. Am still fighting with these sad thoughts, guilt and lack of motivation sometimes, especially at the end of the month when I am nearly due the next massive dose of VitD3. Obviously not built up any reserves even after three months taking the foul stuff.
I never realised that D3 deprivation had such a devastating effect. It is strange that you are not building up a reserve with such a massive dose.