• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

We're currently away, so mindset is ...don't bother checking....

But I brought the kit, cos I think I'm trying afresh.. Ho hum

But I rarely test, yet after several days off the reservation, it's been around the mid 7's which I found ok, and after no dinner last night (Sunday, so everywhere closed...
Anyone else remember those days ...lol )
This am was circling the drain of 6.7.

Life is good.

Currently in Greece , lesbos.

Having a glorious time, and reminded by @Annb post

To be mindful of life's lesson, and take them to heart.

None of us life forever, some days are harder than others.

And despite the commonality of our medical interests, we are all shaped by our environment & cultures .

Blessed are we who have surviving family members to offer support to, and have those younger ones to offer us their youthful support.

I doubt many of us took notice of those lessons from our elders until we came of age, and those lessons became pertinent to us .

That was their gift to us & was entrusted to us to pass back to our youngers ...who most likely won't listen to it , anymore than we did at their age.

A lot of words, for a repost, so here's a gratuitous picture a duck & a cat begging for food

Livelong and prosper my T2D amigos.

IMG_20260928_120635.jpg
 
Last edited:
Morning all from L.A. where today's start does seem to presage Summer's demise even though this week should still be less layers than an onion. Fbg of 4.6 here following a day watching a variety of sports and not much food. @Annb the tag line/chorus here is apposite one feels. Quite a philosopher in many ways is our Jess. @Krystyna23040 that Bonnie is a bad influence on y'all :D @jjraak thanks for the ratings - my sponsors like clicks:D Peace be with you.
Sadly Bonnie is a bad influence on us - although it doesn't take much persuasion to get me in any coffee shop :) :)
 
6.9 at 03.15 today.
My eyes are already tired and sore - just with reading a few e-mails and posts, so I'm giving up on that for now. I really need new glasses, but until the opthalmologist has seen me, the optician is not willing to make new glasses for me. A bit annoyed at my eyes for doing this to me.
 
Morning all. 4.7 here on a dull but potentially mild day here. Definitely not a day for roast goose with mid 20s possible, Michaelmas or not. Typing that weirdly brought on a Doris Day earworm - daises link I guess. We have tended to have a goose for Martinmas ( Nov 11) weekend, which coincides with Armistice Day and when Lidl have frozen geese. I'm not sure where one would source a goose at this time of year short of rearing them for that purpose. @Annb hug for the eye issue - when you feel up to reading again. Was carrot Sunday a thing where you are? @Krystyna23040 good that you had a break - as I said, keep hold of that diary secretary. We have been into Ely to have the car serviced, enquire about a fully electric one (possibly wait a year but very tempting) and stock up on sourdough - plus a few other goodies which caught JKP's eyes. Peace be with you all.
 
Last edited:
Can't say that I've ever heard of Carrot Sunday, Ian. Neither here on the Islands, nor in the Central belt where we used to live. Eyes have recovered a bit, but they don't feel as though they'll last very long.

I sorted out our cleaning cupboard a couple of days ago and cleared out lots of old bottles, cans, packets and jars of cleaning materials that have been there, unused/unopened for years. Some of the things from the cupboard can go to a charity shop (a couple of those multiple dose pill boxes, now far too small for all the pills we take, some plastic baskets and piles of dusters) but as for the rest, I have no idea how to dispose of them. I don't suppose they should go into landfill, they can't be recycled. I asked Neil - he disapproves of buying them in the first place - and the best he could do was "send then back to the manufacturer" in a very disapproving, and determined to be unhelpful, voice.

How does anyone dispose of these things?
 
Blood sugars this morning were 6.6

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen and those who survived sky diving without a parachute!

Now it’s time to take my pills and begin my day.
 
4.2 here today. Yesterday's adventures - taking the car to be serviced and buying aspirational baked goods - have left JKP with a throat issue which oftentimes ends in the need for antibiotics. This comes after a continuous 8 days of looking after grandchildren - including sleepovers. Could this be connected? A tad early to be hunkering down plus we don't have an extensive supply of soups. Peace be with you.
 
Good afternoon all. fbs today was 9ish. We have been on our group walk this morning followed by a chat over lunch with fellow walkers. Came home to clean my teeth before my dental hygienist visit. I have mixed feelings about my appointment as my mouth is still sore after 8 weeks so cleaning may well be painful but I am hoping she will suggest something to help as everything else has so far failed to solve it. :rolleyes: Best wishes to all.
 
Just had a call from the hospital asking me to go to the Opthalmology clinic next week. At last! Actually, perhaps I'm too suspicious, but I am thinking that the optician failed to refer me at first because when I phoned last week to find out, I was told that, yes, the referral had been made some time ago, although the receptionist I spoke to a couple of weeks before had said there was no record of a referral. Anyhow, I have my appointment, so all's well. Just as well, my eyes are failing fast, so if there is anything to be done, it would be best to get on with it.

I don't think I've posted here today yet, so: BG was 5.2 at 02.45 today.
 
Morning all. 4.7 here on a dull but potentially mild day here. Definitely not a day for roast goose with mid 20s possible, Michaelmas or not. Typing that weirdly brought on a Doris Day earworm - daises link I guess. We have tended to have a goose for Martinmas ( Nov 11) weekend, which coincides with Armistice Day and when Lidl have frozen geese. I'm not sure where one would source a goose at this time of year short of rearing them for that purpose. @Annb hug for the eye issue - when you feel up to reading again. Was carrot Sunday a thing where you are? @Krystyna23040 good that you had a break - as I said, keep hold of that diary secretary. We have been into Ely to have the car serviced, enquire about a fully electric one (possibly wait a year but very tempting) and stock up on sourdough - plus a few other goodies which caught JKP's eyes. Peace be with you all.
Definitely keeping hold of the diary Secretary @ianpspurs.
Actually Mr K has said that he needs to make sure that I take proper breaks and rest more in the future.

I think that Mr K is as bad as I am at taking proper breaks :) :)
 
Back
Top