dragonqween

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football, cricket, golf.
Hi,
I entered the competition for a wristband and was told via email that I had been chosen. I answered the email to confirm and was told, again via email, that I would receive it within 28 days. All this happened at the beginning of June. Despite me emailing 3 times since then, I have not received an answer or the band.
Has anybody else had trouble getting their wristband? Have your emails been answered?
I am very disappointed by the lack of communication! :(

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did the same, but was informed that it could be up to 6 weeks for delivery. I'm guessing it'll be by the end of August, though I am hoping it will be here before my holiday on the 23rd August. Still, as the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers. :)

H

Hooked

dragonqween said:
Hi,
I entered the competition for a wristband and was told via email that I had been chosen. I answered the email to confirm and was told, again via email, that I would receive it within 28 days. All this happened at the beginning of June. Despite me emailing 3 times since then, I have not received an answer or the band.
Has anybody else had trouble getting their wristband? Have your emails been answered?
I am very disappointed by the lack of communication! :(

We are all still waiting on them. I can't imagine what the problem or delay is. I was hoping to buy another few once I'd got the one I'd won to check for quality and fit; but not going to bother now as the delivery time is just ridiculous.

B

badcat

Still waiting here too.
To be honest, it's been so long I'd completely forgotten about it!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
To be fair,

Given the quantities involved it's going to take some time. I'm glad I've not been tasked with posting and packing them.

Be patient, everyone is waiting :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hi everyone, just a little info about the wristbands. We're still in the process of packaging these all up. We have 10,000 to send out and they all need to be addressed and stamped by hand. We did state in the e-mail that they would take 6-8 weeks to be dispatched.

For those who are in doubt about buying them from the shop, we do have a limited supply available and those will be sent out within 3 days of placing the order.

Don't worry - we haven't forgotten!

dragonqween

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football, cricket, golf.
Thanks everyone. I am not alone, LOL!!

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Giverny, I have just read these posts, knew nothing about wristbands, is it too late to get one, thanks

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
UPDATE: We're packing up the wristbands as we speak - they'll be on their merry way to all the winners soon!

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got mine too, thanks. But as a suggestion to anyone thinking of buying any, you may find that the black version is very difficult to read. Buying a lighter coloured one would give you the option of filling in the wording with a permanent marker to highlight the lettering.

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
I bought a wristband on the 2nd August. Still not got it. I got the hypo wallet I ordered at the same time. I was going to wait a bit before I asked about it. But then giverny said those who buy them get dispatched in three days so now I'm concerned.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kentish maid

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who tell me I don't need to test my blood
mine arrived yesterday

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Ha. Typical. It arrived shortly after I put up this message :)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Got mine today. When 10k are involved, what a chuffing job! Alongside moderating me! Which does need doing, I go mental at times! Love to all!

kerrycakes

I got mine yesterday...i love it...just a quick question though, are they a one size thing, i can't remember, cos i think i may need to buy a smaller one....it just about stays on but if i take off my cardi its hard to keep it on!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
kerrycakes said:
I got mine yesterday...i love it...just a quick question though, are they a one size thing, i can't remember, cos i think i may need to buy a smaller one....it just about stays on but if i take off my cardi its hard to keep it on!

Yup, we do a few different sizes.

Adult band size (large size): diameter 7cm and approximately 21cm/8.5 inches
Adult band size (regular size): diameter 6.5cm and approximately 20.3cm/8 inches (this is probably what we sent you)
Youth band size: diameter 6cm and approximately 17.78cm/7 inches
Toddler band size: diameter 5cm and approximately 15cm/5.8 inches

Amazingly, the toddler band fits my wrists, but they are incredibly small. We only do the smaller wristbands for the INSULIN DEPENDANT DIABETIC, and only in the red, blue and pink.

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
I filled in the free wristband form without problems then waited . I also requested a diary . Both arrived in about 3 weeks . I don't think that's to bad, after all they are free. As I'm still pretty new to diabetes I find Diabetes.co.uk most reassuring that they are there if only for knowledge about my illness and any questions I may have to any problems. Thank you to those that helped me. Seems like there are some nice folk here to share problems and get some tips. keep safe all , Poke. :wave:

kerrycakes

Ah, so im probably not able to get Say youth size for type 2 diabetic? That's a shame. Ill just have to be careful not to pull it off without noticing...i do like my band, and can't complain, it was free after all! I just happen to have very small wrists....