Type 2 Life

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I'd like to include my readings and a 'motivational thought' at the end of a post - but don't know how to go about it......

If you click on your name at the top/right of the page, select signature then add the text or links that you want at the end of your posts.

Reactions: 4 people

alangarry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nosey Bossy people
Levels on 03/09/15, 8.7
04/09/15, 8.0
05/09/15, before food 9.3, after 8.6
06/09/15, before breakfast, 9.7, then before lunch 7.2, then after lunch 7.7
07/09/15, before evening meal, 6.7
08/09/15, before breakfast, 8.2, after lunch 6.9, after evening meal 5.7

Reactions: 11 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Man-o-man woke at 5am after nightmare, heart racing and sweating. Checked da sugar and a 6.1 after going to bed with a 4.8.
Liver, I love you but please you don't have be so sensitive....your scaring the bejesus out of me.

Reactions: 12 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, I had not a very good day yesterday, I was not at my best and at the same time I received too many stupid comments. The worst one was a colleague, seeing my dinner and saying "One day I want to see you eating fish and chips!!" I still feel hurt. B****y idiot :mad:

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hello everyone. Hope you are all ok. For those who are under the weather (loulou hun,) I wish you well. I enjoyed a nice bowl of Ben & Jerrys Ice cream with strawberries at dinner last night. So, I was expecting a higher than usual FBG this morning. Not so I'm pleased to say. After a 5.5 at bedtime, I woke up with a 4.7 fasting. Go figure!! Do any of you Type 2's have times when you struggle with low mood? I hate that it happens to me. Guess I'll carry on fighting the good fight. Wishing you all a lovely day. Good health folks.

image.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the picture. I am going back on nebulised antibiotics and see asthma nurse later. I had ice cream last night too yum

Reactions: 7 people

alangarry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nosey Bossy people
Hello everyone. Hope you are all ok. For those who are under the weather (loulou hun,) I wish you well. I enjoyed a nice bowl of Ben & Jerrys Ice cream with strawberries at dinner last night. So, I was expecting a higher than usual FBG this morning. Not so I'm pleased to say. After a 5.5 at bedtime, I woke up with a 4.7 fasting. Go figure!! Do any of you Type 2's have times when you struggle with low mood? I hate that it happens to me. Guess I'll carry on fighting the good fight. Wishing you all a lovely day. Good health folks.

View attachment 15584

I had raspberries with thick carnation cream, only a small portion but enjoyed it!

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, I had not a very good day yesterday, I was not at my best and at the same time I received too many stupid comments. The worst one was a colleague, seeing my dinner and saying "One day I want to see you eating fish and chips!!" I still feel hurt. B****y idiot :mad:

Hey Munkki, on your behalf I feel bloody furious, how dare anyone comment on what you choose to eat. If you had a peanut allergy would they demand to see you eat a kingsize snickers?? Sorry you had a bad day, hope today has been at least a little better?

Al x

Reactions: 10 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.8 this morning :) Back at school a few days now and I've had loads of comments from staff (and even a few nice ones from students) about my weight loss - makes going back to work a little less painful!

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Love the picture. I am going back on nebulised antibiotics and see asthma nurse later. I had ice cream last night too yum

Hope everything goes well with your Asthma nurse loulou. It must be frightening when breathing is difficult. Get well soon hun. X

image.jpg

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6.6
It's funny you mention the ice cream @Alisonjane10 I find my FBG is at its lowest if I've eaten something or a lot of things I shouldn't have the day before. In regard to struggling with low moods I'm finding at the moment at least that I'm a bit like a yo yo. A lot of the time I know it's my OH who can set it off but at other times it just hits out of the blue.

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everything goes well with your Asthma nurse loulou. It must be frightening when breathing is difficult. Get well soon hun. X

View attachment 15599
Thanks AJ asthma nurse has put me on a weeks nebulised antibiotics that taste yuck but should clam the infection down and loosen some of the gunk down there. My SATs were quite good when I got there 96% on air. Just going to be to hopefully sleep. I have kind of got used to not been able to breathe, I start getting scared when a double combi neb doesn't work:(

Reactions: 2 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks AJ asthma nurse has put me on a weeks nebulised antibiotics that taste yuck but should clam the infection down and loosen some of the gunk down there. My SATs were quite good when I got there 96% on air. Just going to be to hopefully sleep. I have kind of got used to not been able to breathe, I start getting scared when a double combi neb doesn't work:(

Hi loulou honey. 96% Sats on air only is okay considering you're being treat for a chest infection. Here's hoping those nebs do the trick & you pick up quickly. You take it as easy as possible & rest well. ((((Hug))))

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning FBG 6.6
It's funny you mention the ice cream @Alisonjane10 I find my FBG is at its lowest if I've eaten something or a lot of things I shouldn't have the day before. In regard to struggling with low moods I'm finding at the moment at least that I'm a bit like a yo yo. A lot of the time I know it's my OH who can set it off but at other times it just hits out of the blue.

Yup...I hear ya. It drives me nuts. Some days are a real struggle & I just want to hide away. The worst is not being able to put my finger on exactly what's making me feel so ******. I just am! I keep pushing & hopefully get through it. It's not easy though, as you know yourself. I'm not even sure if it's diabetes related. I just think the diabetes is another symptom of me not looking after myself, because I just didn't care. If anyone else says " count your blessings" to me though...I'm gonna turn green, rip off my clothes & do an impression of the Incredible Hulk. And it won't be pretty!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am
busy day today.... arrghhh...
swim yesterday with son was good.
Good day to all.
Hj

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Munkki, on your behalf I feel bloody furious, how dare anyone comment on what you choose to eat. If you had a peanut allergy would they demand to see you eat a kingsize snickers?? Sorry you had a bad day, hope today has been at least a little better?

Al x

Yes, thanks, I feel much better. I like the thought about the peanut allergy and snickers. Wish you a good day :)

Reactions: 9 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap HJ mine was 4.8 too this morning. Really pleased because not had a great night but will live.
I seem to go in phases... last week all under five and until this morning, this weeks were all +5...
Living is good, I hope your nights improve.
Hj

Reactions: 6 people