20 Long Years

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you read more into it than I do. Maybe you are assuming they were having underage sex ? If so, that is only your opinion and is not mentioned at all in the "joke", which, as you have correctly pointed out, has now been ruined.

MikeZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
Wikipedia
Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

I thought the joke was funny and I also think that overly sensitive folks would do best to avoid joke threads. If all 18 yr old males, (that are attracted to 15-16 yr old females), are pedophiles... then we need to build more prisons.

There is quite a large gap between the legal age of consent and pedophilia.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Shar67

As I said before I was neither offended and I wasn't the person concerned about paedophilia, the joke is so old it wasn't particularly funny, but the fun has definitely been taken out of it with people nit picking and it seems trolling.

Reactions: 2 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is this still going on??? To change the subject: someone said to me the other day "it's not as much about what you eat between Christmas and New Year as what you eat between New Year and Christmas"

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely it is a joke? 16 is legal to have sex, this person was possibly only having a kiss/cuddle! I thought it was funny, stop analysing everything!
I know when I was 16 I couldn't wait to have a kiss/cuddle backseat or wherever

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't say I was offended, mellitus trap posted that paedophilia was not funny, referring to the ages in the joke 15, if OP changed 15 to 16 it would solve the problem without anyone having to post they were offended or not offended.
Joke has now lost it's fun factor over one digit
It didn't lose its fun factor over 1 digit.

Edited to remove offensive comment directed at another member.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shar67

Every one is entitled to an opinion, I suggest as a newbie you look at the rules on how to respect posters on the site

Edited as offensive content has been removed from previous post.

Last edited:

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure some of you are an absolute joy to have at parties.

I'm glad I don't take myself as seriously as some of you do of yourselves.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Our 20th anniversary yesterday and weboth forgot!!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found this joke and thought it was great, shame it went south. Incidentally my in laws were 15 & 20 when they met.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
UK age of consent is 16, and as the other person was 18 how can this be Paedophilia?
Originally the OP said 15, but then changed it after the row that ensued.

Edit: This is odd, I notice that there is no annotation to say that the post was edited, so maybe @SweetLucie didn't change it herself? Surely if a mod had changed it they would have politely said why they did so?

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Edit: This is odd, I notice that there is no annotation to say that the post was edited, so maybe @SweetLucie didn't change it herself? Surely if a mod had changed it they would have politely said why they did so?

We'll have a look and find out.

SweetLucie

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I changed the age back to 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well it makes sense to change it back otherwise anyone new looking at it will be confused why some members were upset in the first place. @SweetLucie just thought you might need a "HUG" , hopefully you're not put off posting here in the future.

Reactions: 4 people