2014/15 Football Season

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think I might be in a minority on here but I'm a Dundee fan.
First year back in the "Big" league after winning promotion last year.
Guess not many of you guys will keep tabs on Scottish Football and I don't blame you, it's not up to much.
I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle in the English Leagues. Guess I've always enjoyed watching them and been to a couple of games but just like watching good football.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
A friend of mine happened to be staying near the Stenhousemuir ground one night when there was a game on. It was a case of "When does the match start?", "What time can you get here?".

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A friend of mine happened to be staying near the Stenhousemuir ground one night when there was a game on. It was a case of "When does the match start?", "What time can you get here?".

Stenhousemuir? Now your starting to get to the quality Scottish Football. Sometimes these are the better teams to watch though.

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
I can explain the offside rule though! :) Does that get me xtra points?!:confused:

Only if you use condiments as visual aids :)

The hammers to be relegated!
Can't help myself! Had to do it Semiphonic cos of BFS!

Not a chance mate, a comfortable mid table this season (Champions League if BFS goes.....!)
Really looking forward to see how Louis van Gaal transforms Man United, so far it's looking good after winning their pre-season friendly's:)

I think Utd will win the Prem this season. Unfortunately.

I forecast another nailbiting stressy season for the Hammers, flirting with relegation. Hopefully the board will act sooner rather than later to keep them above the line. Will Andy Carroll recover to reach some of his potential before getting injured again? West Ham do seem to have had bad luck with injured strikers for many years.

I don't think we'll struggle as much this season, we've made some good signings which was obviously by the board not the 'manager'. It would be nice to see AC put in a full season though......

OK I am different. Life long supporter of Blackpool FC and no other team (except England)

Our expectations are somewhat lower than low this season due to internal problems between the owner and the rest. Did I say players? Until a few days ago we only had 7 contracted players and no goal keeper. Had to cancel the 2 week training session in Spain and several pre-season friendlies due to lack of players. Good eh? LOL.

I'm amazed at this, at Wembley two seasons ago......

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
We can only hope Semiphonic, my kids think Chelsea will.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really looking forward to see how Louis van Gaal transforms Man United, so far it's looking good after winning their pre-season friendly's:)

Must admit I'm intrigued to see what van Gaal can do. Seems to have been pretty impressive so far.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm amazed at this, at Wembley two seasons ago......

We (Blackpool) were in the Premier League 3 years ago! Lots of problems with the Chairman, who also owns the ground in his own right. Lots of feeling amongst the fans that he has lost interest and is preparing to close the club and develop the land once he has received the last Parachute Payment from the FA following relegation. It all seems to go in his own pocket. Nothing is spent on players, which is why we can't attract any to sign contracts. Our team is mainly trialists and loan players at the moment. The trialists are un-named, but at least we do have named players for our first match tomorrow, none of who have played together as a team as yet!. Even the Manager was on Sky yesterday admitting it is a shambles. Such a shame for an old club with a lot of history.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We (Blackpool) were in the Premier League 3 years ago! Lots of problems with the Chairman, who also owns the ground in his own right. Lots of feeling amongst the fans that he has lost interest and is preparing to close the club and develop the land once he has received the last Parachute Payment from the FA following relegation. It all seems to go in his own pocket. Nothing is spent on players, which is why we can't attract any to sign contracts. Our team is mainly trialists and loan players at the moment. The trialists are un-named, but at least we do have named players for our first match tomorrow, none of who have played together as a team as yet!. Even the Manager was on Sky yesterday admitting it is a shambles. Such a shame for an old club with a lot of history.
I sympathise and empathise. We are in the same situation as you. We have little or no investment into the infrastructure of the club and only miracles have had us avoiding further relegations. At the turn of the centry we were in three successive play offs for the premiership, a Wembly final and numerous cup exploits. How the mighty whites have fallen!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Blackburn v Cardiff. First game new season. Score anyone?
1-1 I think!

Tranmere have added to there squad today. 2 players on short term contracts.
That makes 22!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How lucky are Celtic?

Another chance to lose in the Champions League!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Blackburn v Cardiff. First game new season. Score anyone?
1-1 I think!

Tranmere have added to there squad today. 2 players on short term contracts.
That makes 22!

Blackpool has also added to its squad today. We now have 17 players with a contract plus 3 on loan, making a total of 20!

I don't know who will win between Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff, as long as it isn't Rovers I will be happy.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Blackpool has also added to its squad today. We now have 17 players with a contract plus 3 on loan, making a total of 20!

I don't know who will win between Blackburn Rovers and Cardiff, as long as it isn't Rovers I will be happy.
Hope you mean Blackburn and not Tranmere tomorrow!

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not an avid football fan but I'll keep my eye on my local team
Ahem... Who recently got promoted again after being promoted the previous year..
I give you the mighty millers, rotherham united
:D

Oh and bluetit I believe we play you in November

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You were very good last season, most likely the best footballing team to visit Prenton Park.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you mean Blackburn and not Tranmere tomorrow!

Naturally! Sorry, Blackburn is our nearest large town, so half the locals here support them. Always known as Rovers. Burnley is about the same distance away, so the other half support them. Never the twain shall meet, or words to that effect.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not an avid football fan but I'll keep my eye on my local team
Ahem... Who recently got promoted again after being promoted the previous year..
I give you the mighty millers, rotherham united
:D

Oh and bluetit I believe we play you in November

Well perhaps we should have a conversation about it in November! Hopefully Pool will have sorted out 11 proper players by then. Lol

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Naturally! Sorry, Blackburn is our nearest large town, so half the locals here support them. Always known as Rovers. Burnley is about the same distance away, so the other half support them. Never the twain shall meet, or words to that effect.
I was aware of the rivalry. Same as Blackpool and Preston in Lancs.